Since I don't play guard this might be a model built with various bits from a variety of guard sets, but Sly Marbo seems to have a new model in the free rules for adding special characters to Shadow War:Armageddon.

=][= Admin Edit =][=

And with the release of the datasheet for Sly Marbo in normal Warhammer 40,000, we can see that this is an "official" Games Workshop conversion. More important is the fact that the rules linked below, if official, indicate a new type of fighter for Shadow War: Armageddon called a "lone operative." So the topic has been re-opened and the focus shifted from Sly Marbo to the new lone operatives (those of us familiar with Necromunda, Legends of the Old West, and Legends of the High Seas will recall the hired guns and legends characters.

That's a conversion; with the exception of the head, those pieces are from the Catachan Command Squad.

Neat that he's getting updated rules, though.

That's a conversion; with the exception of the head, those pieces are from the Catachan Command Squad.

Neat that he's getting updated rules, though.

Warhammer 40,000 Check out the awesome conversion in the PDF - done with the Catachan Command set.

So it's confirmed as a conversion. Could the mods please close the thread?

With the release of the normal Warhammer 40,000 datasheet rules for Sly Marbo, this looks like an official product. The topic is re-opened and focus shifted from Sly Marbo to the new "lone operatives" concept.

It's an official conversion as stated by GW. ;)

I like that you can use some of the most powerful loners in the game in SWA now, even if it's only for a specific mission.

And now I am led to wonder if each of the factions (focusing on the three with rules in the rulebook that game in the boxed version) will have their own lone operative. I could see that sneaky Orky character (I forget his name ... Snikrot or something like that), but the Blood Angels don't [currently] have a similar Scout character. Perhaps the assassins fill that role, saving GW the hassle of having to create a new character model (though I guess, as the Sly Marbo conversion shows, they could always just convert one using existing bits).

It would be pretty funny if the BA lone operative was a DC member on a rampage totally cut off from the battle they were deployed for.

And now I am led to wonder if each of the factions (focusing on the three with rules in the rulebook that game in the boxed version) will have their own lone operative. I could see that sneaky Orky character (I forget his name ... Snikrot or something like that), but the Blood Angels don't [currently] have a similar Scout character. Perhaps the assassins fill that role, saving GW the hassle of having to create a new character model (though I guess, as the Sly Marbo conversion shows, they could always just convert one using existing bits).

I'd like to see Tycho going insane in the bowels of Hive Tempersora.

1st, Black Rage Tycho is an awesome, awesome idea.

There is, imho, a similar Blood Angels Scout that is absolutely the quintessential Lone Operative: Scout Novice Lysander, from the Bloodquest comic.  He even had a miniature:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/PHS/ltd/bloodquest.jpg

Image courtesy of Brother PHS here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/119231-the-blood-angels-showcase/?p=1504217

I like what they've done from the look of things so far, but besides the solitaire which started the trend there needs to be more non-imperial lone operatives both chaos and xenos.

Such as a Lictor, because who wouldn't like to see Marbo Vs Lictor happen on a tabletop bedecked in awesome terrain?

• 3 weeks later...

Change the title of the thread to SW:A one man kill teams. smile.png

Using a Vindicare in SW:A would be fun! biggrin.png

Just imagine a homebrew stealth ruleset where you have to get the sniper to an optimum position to take out a character/unit without getting caught.

Archived