Deathwatch - Trying to improve the army

Prot

I am continuing with some new techniques trying to squeeze a better appearance out of the army.

This isn't 100% done but very very close. There is a shine on the models that would be gone with the finishing spray, but it's unavoidable with the glaze/wash I've created.

gallery_2760_12376_55729.jpg

gallery_2760_12376_49674.jpg

gallery_2760_12376_73143.jpg

I'm going to be honest I really don't know if the results are conveyed.... or are basically worth the amount of time put into each fig.

Mate, those are stunning. The lighting on the gorgets is amazing, the heavy bolter dude's wrist display lighting is awesome and the richness of the shoulder pad colours is wonderful. 

Thanks guys. I appreciate it, but still not quite sure. My Thousand Sons always seem to get more appreciation from people. I did really try with this squad though. At the same time I have to try to keep in mind the time involved to get this functional armywide! I'm not saying the Thousand Sons are easier, just the results seem better?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it, but still not quite sure. My Thousand Sons always seem to get more appreciation from people. I did really try with this squad though. At the same time I have to try to keep in mind the time involved to get this functional armywide! I'm not saying the Thousand Sons are easier, just the results seem better?

The DW dudes are awesome. 

I think the perception that your TS are 'better' is simply that they aren't black and that they are therefore perceived as more colorful? I'm just speculating.

I think its the black armour that's giving you that vibe...

Been painting some Deathwatch myself, and as the girlfriend put it, ''They look unfinished...''.

Yours really are fantastic though, when you take the time to look at the detail you've put in. Really nice.

• 1 month later...