How is 8th shaping to affect Deathwatch

SnakeChisler

So... Cyclone Missile Launch is OBSCENELY expensive. Better to have a missile launcher on a Vet. I can't think of a single reason to have CML on a Terminator. Which sucks cause I have to cut 3 off the Terminators I have.

Isnt it literally the same cost as two missile launchers? So you can have it on one model instead of splitting it over two and since we choose casualties it will be longer before a loss of fire power yes?

With teleport homers we can use the terminators to get out of combat and still fire without penalty since we didnt perform a fallback move.  Something to consider.

Finally I think that Solo deathwatch will have a harder time because of our higher unit costs.  However with easy access to imperium units we can get a few conscript squads in to bolster our numbers and help protect from deep strike.

Also corvus are AWESOME.  So much fire power for a reasonable amount of points. and the auspex array? Baller.  Even the infernum launcher is huge against tau and other units with fly since most of their battlesuits have fly. Its a tough call, but I personally go with the auspex most of the time since the blackstar as I run it is all about maximixing the number of shots so assault cannon, blackstar launcher(its cheaper) and hurricane bolters.  

I guess it depends on if you only want to use Krak.

CML: 50pts

Frag: 36" Heavy 2D3 S4 AP0 D1

Krak: 36" Heavy 2 S8 AP -2 D D6

Vet Missile Launcher: 25pts

Frag: 48" Heavy D6 S4 AP0 D1

Krak: 48" Heavy 1 S8 AP-2 D D6 

I guess it depends on if you only want to use Krak.

CML: 50pts

Frag: 36" Heavy 2D3 S4 AP0 D1

Krak: 36" Heavy 2 S8 AP -2 D D6

Vet Missile Launcher: 25pts

Frag: 48" Heavy D6 S4 AP0 D1

Krak: 48" Heavy 1 S8 AP-2 D D6 

Considering I can do everything the frag launcher does elsewhere I would most likely only buy it for its krak.  I mean the difference in damage is slightly less than one Frag grenade for the specialization benefit you get. 

Archived