Talon of Horus Size?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing a conversion of Abaddon, using parts from the Forge World HH Abaddon and Horus models. One thing I'm not certain about, though, is the size of his talon? Does anyone know if it would be too big for the Abaddon model? Is there any way to make it smaller if so? And does anyone have a picture comparing the talon to Abaddon or a similarly sized model? 

Thanks,

Foamy :) 

The sword is from the daemon Prince model, and the talon doesn't look like the one from the 40k lil abadon model (they could have just added a drum to it, on the lil abaddon model it's beltfed.)

Edit: derp it's made from Horus's​ 30k talon.

Horus' 30k Talon should actually be perfect, since Abaddon is using the same one Horus had.

Who cares if it's a little big? A Primarch's weapon SHOULD look huge on a normal sized Astartes. If you need further evidence look at the sword Cypher is lugging around. It's Lion's sword and it's fething ginormous on him.

It's worth pointing out that Abaddon was considered large for an astartes. Considering most astartes equipped with power armour are on average around the very bottom rung of the seven foot mark, that could be anywhere between seven one to seven six. Not to mention the fact that he's wearing Cataphractii Armour and has been amped up by Chaos over the course of 10,000 years.

That said, I think it was mentioned in one of the novels that Abaddon had alterations made to it to better fit him? If ADB's knocking around on the forums at the moment, you could try PMing him and ask him for his thoughts on the matter.

It's worth pointing out that Abaddon was considered large for an astartes. Considering most astartes equipped with power armour are on average around the very bottom rung of the seven foot mark, that could be anywhere between seven one to seven six. Not to mention the fact that he's wearing Cataphractii Armour and has been amped up by Chaos over the course of 10,000 years.

That said, I think it was mentioned in one of the novels that Abaddon had alterations made to it to better fit him? If ADB's knocking around on the forums at the moment, you could try PMing him and ask him for his thoughts on the matter.

Fun fact. Abaddon is no longer using his old Cataphractii Armour afaik - he left it behind according to ADB's short story ^^

Also, his original armour was already an unique suit, crafted to fit his bulk.

Thanks guys. I got the impression he was big, but I was unsure how big. Like, primarch sized? Do you think that the Horus model could be reposted and converted to an Abaddon model?

It's worth pointing out that Abaddon was considered large for an astartes. Considering most astartes equipped with power armour are on average around the very bottom rung of the seven foot mark, that could be anywhere between seven one to seven six. Not to mention the fact that he's wearing Cataphractii Armour and has been amped up by Chaos over the course of 10,000 years.That said, I think it was mentioned in one of the novels that Abaddon had alterations made to it to better fit him? If ADB's knocking around on the forums at the moment, you could try PMing him and ask him for his thoughts on the matter.

Talon of Horus states he's of a size with Horus in his armour. As for the Talon, in Path of Heaven it's large enough that when he shakes hands with Mortarion, the other Primarch's hand simply vanishes fom sight.

Angron being relatively small makes perfect sense when you've seen Trainspotting and The Raid. The scariest men in those films are quite small.

Archived