Terminator Standard Bearer Wargear

Commander Dawnstar

I'm interested in putting together a Terminator Command Squad but one thing that's given me pause is just how I should go about modelling the Standard Bearer. In a regular Command Squad the Standard Bearer gives up his Bolter to take the banner, but the Wargear list for a Terminator Bodyguard seems to suggest that the Standard Bearer keeps both his Combi-Bolter and Power Weapon despite holding the Legion Standard. Is this correct or should the Standard Bearer only have the Legion Standard and melee weapon?

Rules as written the Cataphractii / Tartaros armoured standard bearer keeps both his melee weapon as well as his ranged weapon.

Now, this opens up three modelling opportunities at the least ..

1.  Weapons in both hands, wearing a banner pole on his back like certain terminators in 40k

2.  Banner in the weapon that normally holds the ranged weapon, with the gun worn at the side.

3.  Ranged weapon in hand, carrying the banner in a clenched power fist. Voilá !

If I ever feel the need for a command squad option number three will surely be how I'm going to model mine.

Archived