++Magnetizing Grey Knights Models++

Valerian

https://youtu.be/z2eH2Mdr4Gg

https://youtu.be/BqdzpUkIpxo

This two part tutorial on how to magnetize infantry models was especially helpful to me.

Valerian

gallery_23369_1806_858761.jpg
gallery_23369_1806_884209.jpg
gallery_23369_1806_350200.jpg
gallery_23369_1806_304151.jpg
gallery_23369_1806_133547.jpg

The magnets at the shoulders are N52 1/8" by 1/32" and the magnets in the wrists/weapons connections are N52 1/16" by 1/32".

Valerian

Wow. I've magnetized my fair share of models but that's pretty crazy. I did a lot of backpacks for Interceptors/etc and major joint work but wrists and shoulders on singular models seem like a ton of things can go wrong (alignment especially).

Really good work there Val.

Wow. I've magnetized my fair share of models but that's pretty crazy. I did a lot of backpacks for Interceptors/etc and major joint work but wrists and shoulders on singular models seem like a ton of things can go wrong (alignment especially).

Really good work there Val.

Thanks, Prot,

I want to note here that I didn't magnetize everything, like the guy who did the tutorial video.  For the most part, I magnetized about 1/3 of the Terminator melee weapons (for easy swap in of a Warding Stave, Halberd, or Hammer) to future-proof them a bit.  The remainder just got either a Sword or Hammer glued on, as usual.

I also magnetized the Special Weapon "gunners" in Power Armour, so I could swap between Psycannons and Incinerators.  Definitely glad I did that, as the utility of each of those definitely has had huge shifts on edition changes.  

I did magnetize the model pictured above at the shoulders and wrists, so I could swap out between Hammer, Sword, Halberd, or Warding Stave, but I didn't do that for all of the squad members.  I'm glad I did this, too, as edition changes have made a big difference in what you'd want in a squad.  The rest of the squad members got either Halberds or Swords glued on.

Like you, I also did some backpack magnetizing, so I could swap Strikes for Interceptors.

Overall, it wasn't too bad, and well worth doing for certain models (especially Justicars, in my opinion).

V

• 2 weeks later...

I would strongly recommend using magnets in the hands and arms as above.

I tried to skimp on magnets with my first lot of GKTs and drill in paper clips to the weapons. They keep falling off to a stiff breeze. :(

Next box of terminators will see those hands being glued onto the new set and the others properly magnetised.

Archived