==][== The Brotherhood Champion Thread ==][==

Valerian

Brotherhood Champions

At the forefront of each Grey Knight Brotherhood fights a single Champion, a warrior who has forsaken all other martial disciplines to pursue perfection with the blade.

Whilst a Brotherhood Champion holds foremost responsibility for the martial training training of new recruits, on the battlefield, his chief duty is to act as bodyguard to his Brother-Captain.  The skill and knowledge of such an officer is not easily replaced, and it is only proper that they receive the foremost protection that the Chapter can provide.  Each Champion therefore stands ready to die in his Captain's stead.  That said, such a heroic sacrifice is seldom necessary, for only the deadliest (or luckiest) of opponents stand any chance of breaking a Brotherhood Champion's guard, let alone surviving his vengeful return strike.

Should a Champion be struck down, it is unwise to count him out of the fight too readily.  Upon receiving a mortal wound, a Brotherhood Champion unleashes a pulse of psychic energy into his Aegis suit - one final burst of forbidden magic for one final portentous deed.  This dying impulse impels the suit to temporarily re-knit sinew and bone, and gives the fallen Brotherhood Champion the opportunity to strike one last blow for his battle-brothers - an attack all the more deadly for its unexpected source.  This last act thus performed, the Champion's soul finally passes beyond, his body to be later recovered and interred in the vaults of Anarch, so he may continue to guard against evil in death as he did in life.

This thread is dedicated to the Brotherhood Champions of the Grey Knights Chapter.   Members of Titan are encouraged to post pictures of their own Brotherhood Champions, provide their own fan-made fluff for them, and, once 9th edition is released, to share their preferred Tactics, Tips, and Tricks related to using them in games of Warhammer 40k.

EDIT:  Please post pics of your completed models here; Work in Progress photos can go in the Halls of Titan thread, instead.

• 5 months later...

Always wanted to field this unit in my army, but I was never a fan of the old metal model. I've been hoping and waiting for GW to live up to their own "no model, no rules" shenanigans and release a bad-ass model of this character, but well... So, this is my take on making a BroChamp from the regular strikie-kit. Snatched an iron halo and a scenic base from a SM Captain and added some extra purity seals and a skull. I think it turned out decent enough, though he still looks more like a Justicar than a self-resurrecting master swordsman.gallery_102199_13828_1224700.jpg

gallery_102199_13828_1260057.jpggallery_102199_13828_1094011.jpg

I admire your painting skills.

I do agree that he looks a bit too much like a regular jusyicar though. I reckon the tabard works well there, and maybe some other touches.

Torso of a Dark Angels vet could work, but you'd need something to fabricate the psychic hood again.

Still, very good looking model!