Knights

Dread

other thing now though is that anything above str 4 will be wounding on a 5+. still not totally terrible, but just something to think about as you fight stuff now.

can't wait to see how many wounds a titan has now... that will be tasty!

As long as everything is priced accordingly, I'll all for it.

That's the real caveat to most of these reveals, I feel.  While some stuff will be getting a big boost in terms of power in 8th (inevitably), GW will have a TON of work ahead to get the points costs evened out.  Luckily, they've already said that these points will be printed in a "compendium" format similar to AoS so they can be adjusted as needed (annually?).  This is a massive step in the right direction to give us active balancing to the game rather than a 2-3 year cycle where one codex (*cough* Eldar *cough*) rules the roost due to ridiculously undercosted power-units.

There is some leaked Chaos Knight info out now.

I know it’s not Imperial Knights but if you ignore all the associated chaos rule parts, you can get an idea about the Knight weapons etc.

In this thread here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/

http://i.imgur.com/Hmpm1X8.jpg

doing a bit of mathhammer, the Avenger cannon seems like the strongest all round choice. The Inferno cannon is marginally better shooting at T8,3+ (though noticably better v. T8,2+), but even with the increased number of shots vs. big units it doesn't match the Avenger for anti-infantry, even against TEQ . The battle cannon is only good for its range, now.

doing a bit of mathhammer, the Avenger cannon seems like the strongest all round choice. The Inferno cannon is marginally better shooting at T8,3+ (though noticably better v. T8,2+), but even with the increased number of shots vs. big units it doesn't match the Avenger for anti-infantry, even against TEQ . The battle cannon is only good for its range, now.

between the two which do you say is better, the cannon or the inferno cannon?

between the two which do you say is better, the cannon or the inferno cannon?

Gatling cannon, I reckon.

* It's only marginally worse than the inferno cannon against most vehicles

* The only targets that the inferno cannon has a clear advantage against are things like Land raiders, and even then it'll take so many rounds of shooting to kill that you really want to be engaging it with your reaper chainsword instead.

* based on the cost increase of transports I reckon we're going to see more dismounted infantry on the battlefield, and the Avenger eats them for breakfast. 2 damage will make it particularly punishing against the new primaris marines.

Well, the spoilers are all over the internet  for full knights, points, wargear, etc. (https://imgur.com/a/NHfZX)

Total Unit Costs (Mandatory Wargear, No Upgrades);

Gallant - 389

Warden - 466

Paladin - 458

Errant - 430

Crusader - 512

If the Warhammer40k PR team on facebook's hints are legitimate and matched games are played at 2000 pts, looks like the 5 Knight list (outside of Gallant spam) is not realistic, which is too bad for Knight purists like me.

Edited by Spanish_Muffin

You can split your attacks freely between all of your melee weapons in 8th and split your attacks between different targets, so you might choose to allocate two attacks to Titanic Feet (for six stomps) to clear out the rank and file while using the other two to swing your Reaper Chainsword at a more significant threat.