GrimDark Blood Angels Blog 24/09/19 *new warlord conversion*

neonmole

Hey guys,

Here’s the full army shot (that I think was demanded by Jonke!).

Unfortunately I don’t have access to a nice table or mat for a backdrop, so my painting tray and floor will have to do! At least the light is good here today in London!

KkwkzzI.jpg

Will report in full from the other side. I will definitely take good pictures this time!!

Cheers

Your painting and list is such a great inspiration!

I 'm trying to move into the new age of Primaris with the following target list:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/361587-the-new-ironhelms-2000-pts-twin-primaris-battalion/

Based on your experience, I guess it's OK for non-competitive at least.

And so far the progress on models:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356757-the-new-ironhelms-spyros-42000-painting-blog/

Man, thanks for putting this out there.  Between you and Luthermax (I think is their name) I'm inspired to try this method myself, but going for Lamenters.  Changes I'm thinking is to shade with purple instead of blue, as I'm worried that blue will turn the shaded areas to green with the yellow.  I have a few yellows to try.  I'm thinking also trying the order of line shading with wash and general wash.  I'm going to see what the nuln oil looks like, and then test one with lining with nuln and general washing with seraphim.  I'm trying to create a rich, almost yellow-orange hue, similar to your assault marines heads, but I want to create that contrast that you created.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...