Crimson Fist Paint Scheme

So with 8th edition just around the corner, I've decided to get rid of my Blood Angels and start a Crimson Fist force (love sternguard and centurions so why not rolleyesclean.gif ).

What Im unsure of is colour / paint scheme and I'm looking for advice.

I want to try and keep my army as close to codex:astartes as possible with regards to companies, squads, markings etc.

The majority of my force will be 3rd and 1st company and as i build out will add squads from other companies.

I'm not keen on painting the shoulder pad rims of the different companies different colours, but am thinking of doing them red across the lot (most will be 3rd company anyway) and painting the veterans rims gold. I would then mark up each knee pad with the relevant company marking. Will the red rims take away from the crimson fist?

Also i will be painting my sergeants heads red. While veterans will be white

Then I'm unsure on what colour to paint chest aquilas. I've seen some really good results from using either gold, silver or white and a few painted red (think this will be too much though). Im thinking to go silver for normal marines and gold for veterans.

What do you guys think? Is there a "Standard" that the majority of crimson fist players use?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that Crimson Fists are actually Codex adherent when it comes to squad colouring. The trim (as far as I can tell) - is always blue unless they're cool things like Captains (or some other mini that needs more 'bling').  Company markings are just done on the armour shoulderpads and knees ect.

• 2 weeks later...

Crimson Fists do not mark companies. Neither by trim or number on kneepad. This is why today's Primaris image is silly. Company numbers on CF and TEMPLARS. Lol.

Doh! I forgot that they didn't do numbers either.  Good catch. :)

So how do the Crimson Fists denote their company?

Not at all. The Sons of Dorn are not muppets and use heads-up-displays in their helmets to show the BLUFOR tracker, as well as know their Brothers well enough.

Archived