What are you excited about for 8th? Ultramarines specific

Captain Idaho

Re-rolling to hit and wound is pretty good. If it is the whole roll and not just 1s, I dare say he is stronger than before. Sure, he used to have more diverse buffs, but most of those were marginal at best. Knowing from SW and Ulric how strong a 6" Preferred Enemy bubble, I was surprised to see that G offers whole re-rolls on him.

Ok, so I have looked at the numbers in the new leak thread. Dante is 215, and looks pretty good, Calgar is still 250. Soooo.... I guess he's gonna a be monster. Let him stay the greatest non-primarch hero the Empire has. Relic blades are now S+2, AP-3, D3 damage. Without any penalty now (of course). These things will leave nothing unscathed. The terminator captain is still more expensive that the gravis one, so maybe after all marines aren't dead.

Tyrannic War Veterans are returning as a stand-alone unit.

The Imperial Space Marine is also a stand alone unit with a points value!

Captain Centos is lost to the annals of time...

Command Squads are now "Company Veterans" and that's pretty cool, since it's a squad of 2-5.

Well Baal Predator have been leaked, here:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/5ccb6f551055943

So you can extrapolate for other Predators. Even points costs. Note that the Predator Autocannon packs more punch than the Dread one.

Grey Knights have been leaked too... Draigo is 240... Still less expensive than Calgar, despite being a psyker and a monster in CC...  On SW leaks you can see Grimnar being 190, and 230 on his Santa's sled... What have they done with our Chapter Master at 250? Please GW don't screw this up...

Cassius is also "comparatively" more costly than before (given the adjustment of the point costs of other characters). Maybe he is a proper CC character now :)

Full leak in the rumours section. Looks like being a Chapter doesn't come with specific rules but unknown at this timenif the page was just missing.

Also, I am now looking forward to having Apothecary choices running around without a smelly old Command squad. Terminators would love them!

I've seen the rules, I think Guilliman is basically mandatory for the list I'm planning.

He'll bolster shooting to units around him significantly, best to advance him behind some tanks potentially? I'm anticipating the FW units like Sicarans, etc. He'll function as a very strong counter charge unit. His Ganuntlet makes him Str 12, His sword is Str8 but also has the ability to cause an additional D3 Mortal Wounds on a roll of a 6.

His Shooting attack is better against weak, numerous units but less effective against elite infantry. He also adds 1 to advances and charges, adds command points and gives re-rolls to Morale tests. Unfortunately he can't ride in a Landraider or benefit from the Apothecary's healing.

Calgar is great though feels a lot more generic. Nice damage protection from his armour.

The Librarius psychic powers are brilliant, Tiggy and a few Psykers will be important. Primaris Marines can't ride in any existing transports which is odd. Honour Guard are in squads of two and can look out sir within 3" of a character once a character has taken a wound.

Lots of things are more expensive so in comparison Calgar probably isn't too expensive.

Tacticals are much cheaper in comparion to things like Terminators. It worries me somewhat that prices for things is going to end up with games of hordes vs hordes.

OK, so if you take the Prmarch he basically dishes out better buffs than any other HQ choice, although a few offer different things.

Calgar is a budget Guilliman - worth taking if you want more points elsewhere.

Tigarius is fantastic, he still re-rolls psychic tests although he doesn't seem as impressive as he used to be and can only cast two powers.

Telion is great as a budget HQ. He can grant a squad of snipers +1 to hit, and they all have 2+ saves in cover. I think this will be useful for character hunting!

Chronus is decent for his cost. A good buff to a vehicle, and is actually a pretty decent little character once out of it!

Honour Guard are good for helping keep characters alive, but they can be picked off. Techmarines are actually good at fixing vehicles and are worth consideration. Apothecaries are also a useful unit, can easily see how they can help keep Centurions or other Multi Wound models going.

Archived