Chaos Gate/Infinity Mirror Terrain

So I did some science.

I then followed this science with heresy, because it's awesome, and here's what I ended up with: a dormant Chaos Gate, about half an inch thick. When activated, it produces a glowing tunnel that gives the appearance of being several feet long.

Why? For the glory of Chaos, of course!

UPDATE: Brief (6 min) how-to-build video: https://youtu.be/JHh7IZqpGoY

http://i.imgur.com/bcQrfnOl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Xb3drUpl.jpg

Edited by TheEyeOfNight

Wow, great responses, thanks everybody. aiur has it right, it's a ring of LEDs between a flat mirror and a one-way mirror. Keir's also right, googling infinity mirrors is how the idea came about.

It gets great reactions, and really isn't that difficult to build. I may do a how-to at some point, but in the meantime thanks for all the support!

Dude that is metal as hell

I'm.... I'm totally going to rip you off. I've been wondering what to do for a portal diorama annnnnnnnd

Mhm. That right there. That's it.

Rip away, fellow Frater. Will have a video up in the next day or so to show how the trick works

• 6 months later...

Ooooo... Thank you! *Idea stored away for future consideration* I think I'll be able to use this concept to very good effect in future projects.

Thanks, glad you like! They're not hard to put together, just take some hobby-hours. I've got a project log going on at the War Budgies YouTube channel, making four more (themed for the chaos gods) for a friend of mine, if you want some WIP of other versions

Oh, I had a look, and sub'ed. You gotta start somewhere. I appreciate you taking the time to explaining how it works and demonstrating the assembly. Creating content can be a daunting prospect, so I wish you luck and inspiration.

I'm looking for ideas on a scenery level of scale that involve lighting effects for future studio projects, particularly if they can be done without too much effort or outsourcing of complex components. This idea fits the bill so well, I have to say thanks again for showing it. It's all but certain that it will get incorporated into a production kit (or several) at some point in the future. Have a look at my WIP plog Legion Rising and scroll back a few pages to find my building of a Shield Generator that incorporates a plasma globe, and you'll get more of an idea of the kind of things I come up with.

In fact, once it reaches production (and this idea will become something, just not sure what it will look like quite yet) I'll be happy to provide a few to you as some form of compensation for giving me the idea. What goes around comes around, as they say. It's the least I can do for such a solid idea that I can explore and adapt into something.

Ah yeah, Dark Works! My Chaos Land Raiders thank you heartily for the years of service they've gotten from their treads, far superior to the Aquila-stamped loyalist nonsense they came with. Happy to be of help, it's not a new idea but it's one I don't think is being taken advantage of in the terrain community.

You may not have come up with the idea, but you're the first person I've seen showcase it, so for that I'm happy to return the favor in some way. Thanks for the patronage, I'm glad the tracks have served you well. Much more great stuff is on the way.