The Permula Crusade

• 2 months later...

So, after my broken arm healed off for the most part, i’m starting to get back into hobbying. I allowed myself an Impulsor for my Bladeguard to ride in (and devout push out of! :biggrin.: ) and started assembling it yesterday. Will be done by tonight i guess.
So i mused a bit while working from home, how i would go about expanding my crusade further. I intend not to buy more squat marines, as i have a sizeable collection, lots of bits and a few legs left and still some backlog to paint up (though i go easy on myself on that part, seeing as most of them will be guarding the chapter keep at Shelve Prime…). Next on the wishlist is a Redemptor Dreadnought as well as more Bladeguard, as soon as that kit pops up for sale and the FLGS can open again.
I didn’t start writing any particular lists i want to build towards yet, so i’m thinking more along the lines of units working well together as building blocks of the greater whole (e.g. a 10man squad of Assault Intercessors with a Primaris Chaplain to preach of Divine Protection or aforementioned Bladeguard and their Impulsor). And that’s where i’d like some advice, what have you fine people found out works for you? I got to play two games at 1k points of 9th, i’m starved for rolling some dice and when i finally will be allowed to, i want to hit the ground running :wink:
For some more info, i’ll add the Primaris units i have so far:
Indomitus (Captain, Lieutenant, Chaplain, Bladeguard + Ancient, Justiciar, 10 Assault Intercessors, 3 Outriders, 3 Eradicators)
10 regular Intercessors plus some spare swordbrethren for different options
2 Primaris Lieutenants (one with Powersword, one with boltrifle)
1 Impulsor
Immediate wishlist: Redemptor, more Bladeguard
Also, i will update on painting progress, once there is some more to show off over the coming holidays and mandatory vacation!

As an afterthought, i find it hard to come up with an army composition that unites old marines with Primaris. On the one hand i don't just want to plug in a unit of terminators or a dreadnought, while everything else is new generation. In my headcanon the Primaris are their own fighting company deployed to reinforce and fight alongside the original crusade. I really want to explore the lore around old battlebrothers including the new arrivals, especially when it comes to hierarchy and veterancy. Anyone here that uses a mix of old and new units and has some solid fluff to show for it?

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart