Alessia's Order of Our Martyred Lady

Hi everyone! I've started a thread for my army here, under advisement :smile.: I've got enough miniatures for about 750 points or so. Which isn't too bad, since I originally only started just for playing SWA, but I've jumped on the hype train for 8th! Yay!

So here is my army so far. Only 9 miniatures painted, but I'm happy with the standard (gaming standard?) and they are fun to paint. Much quicker to paint than my other army of Iyanden Eldar. SO MUCH YELLOW :wallbash:

I've since painted holes on all my bolters!

http://i66.tinypic.com/2e4eoop.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vblci8.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zocb46.jpg

This is the list I'm aiming for. I will update as we get details of 8th edition. Comes in at 505 points, but my group will let me off 5 points if I bake choc chip muffins :biggrin.:

-------------------------------------------

Hq

Palatine Alessia Lachance (Canoness)

-Power Weapon

-Inferno Pistol

Rosarius

--------------------------------------------

Troops

Battle Sister Sq

Heavy Flamer

Melta

Immolater

Battle Sister Sq

Heavy Flamer

Melta

Immolater

Fast Attack

Seraphim Sq

2x Hand Flamers

Heavy

Retributor Sq

4x Heavy Bolters

---------------------------------------------

Edited by Sister Alessia

I you're planning on getting your Canoness into close combat, the Mantle of Ophelia is basically mandatory, at least in 7th. With instant death looking like it's going away in 8th, it shouldn't be too much of an issue I guess :D

I'd recomend some priests (for the Retributors in particular) but again we'all have to wait to see how they work in 8th

Those models look really nice. I'm going to try and get some models painted up in Valorous Heart colors over the summer, but I've only ever painted a couple dozen models period, and it took me like 200 hours of work to get 20 done last year (and it was a struggle to make myself do the work), but I digress. Really cool stuff, and the point is I hope I can do something that approaches this :D

Those robes in particular are just beautiful, as I've mentioned before.

Quick fluff question: your Sisters are OML, and you've named your Canoness. Is the idea that she's the Canoness Superior of the Order? Since Verridian was released I'd kinda been assuming she was OML's Canoness Superior, but there's no official word on that I suppose. Otherwise, is Alessia a Canoness Commander or a Canoness Preceptor . . . ? It's only important if you want it to be important, but I enjoy these details.

Thank you Aquilanus!

Awwww thanks Dante, I try my best! I used to be alot neater, but I have arthritis and get shakey hands. Since I'm blending the robes, neatness isnt as important as technique :) Have you got a model gallery? I would love to see your army!

Yes Im abit worried of being a T3 squishy, i will definitely add the mantle in higher points! I have beaten an Ultramarine leader though! It was pure luck he missed with all his attacks lol.

Oh yes, I love the fine fluff details! I'm not sure if Veridyan is 'the' canoness. Fluff wise im saying Alessia is just a Palatine. She trained under Celestian Superior Miriya and unfortunately picked up some or her bad habits. So she hasn't risen any further in rank, as she doesnt do things by the book. Plus I dont think I have the wisdom, Or experience, to lead all of the sister of our martyerd lady yet lol.

No problem! The link in my signature is to my Order's thread. Though you'd have to click over a couple pages to got to the painted models. I tried doing a squad of 20 for last year's ETL, but I didn't finish till after the deadline. Most recently I painted Canoness Raedia, wielding her badge of office, the Teeth of Vengeance. The names of my order might be a bit over the top, but meh. I'm pretty proud of that Evicerator conversion (2 space marine Chainsword's), and though my painting skills aren't great (no hilighing even) I'm very happy with how she looks. You will notice I scraped the Inquisitorial =][= off of the Canoness model before I painted it :P I don't have arthritis, but I get shakie hands sometimes too. It varies, and I'm not sure why. It's probably obvious I'm on the younger end of the Frater around here, so maybe it's just my eating habits :P

But I'm letting myself get off topic. What I think is more polished than my painting is my Order's fluff. It's the first post of the thread.

I had a normal Sister survive 3 or so rounds against a captain on a bike with the Burning Blade. He missed all his attacks once or twice, and the time he got 3 hits he got triple ones to wound :D one of my favorite stories.

My Order is only about 150 Sisters (not that I own that many models, just in fluff), so they don't have any subsidiary Canonesses, just the Canoness Superior. And since I'm planning on starting a Valorous Heart army, that's going to be a Commandery size thing, so it's led by Canoness Commander Luxia Telnayan (I'm using the oop Sister Superior with Plasma pistol and chainsword for her, the one with a fleur on the helmet). Whereas Raedia likes to roll around in an immolator with a command squad of 5 heavy flamers, Luxia has 4 heavy bolters and a Blessed Banner in hers. I haven't painted any models for that army yet, but I'm planning on it, if I can convince myself to sit down and paint at all.

Well, if you have any thoughts feel free to post in my Order's thread. It might technically be over the 3 month inactive line, so I'll go bump it just in case. Looking forward to fluff/model updates.

My Sisters had their foray in battle! It was both of our first game of Nucromunda (Shadw War) on Sunday. We elected to just do a standard killteam fight to learn the rules and since he hadn't made his team yet, he used my guest Eldar.

I concentrated my storm bolter and 2 bolter sisters on pinning his shuriken cannon, which I managed for most of the game. I then worked my leader and heavy flamer slowly over to his leader, for a cool showdown! We both had 1 kill and 2 downs, it was brutal :) We agreed on a draw, as we ran out of time, but I did down his leader for extra kudos! 

I'm going to be working on painting the terrain before our next game, as well as continuing with my Sisters. It was slow going learning the rules, but it was so much fun! I think we both know the rules well enough for a much quicker game next time. Also we have another girl on board playing orcs, yay! All in all, I was very happy with my team. It was very cool having my storm bolter, be something special and awesome :)

http://i63.tinypic.com/rtg5mf.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/wjsw7c.jpg

Glad you've got a healthy community to play with (though the more I hear about 40K in the U.K. the more it seems NOT having a local community would be out of the ordinary :D )

I've only played 1 game of SW:A with Sisters, and I really didn't enjoy it that much, but I think that's because we tried playing with about 10 people on one board, and ended up with the ridiculous condition that every time a model ran you rolled a die and on a 1 or 2 it fell flat on its face, so my Seraphim spent more time on the floor than actually moving.

I did have a lot of fun with a heavy bolter Sister. She kept knocking down cultists even after she fell off a 3 story building :D (lost a WS and a BS, but still)

We do have a rather fab lil group, it must be said :) We all live quite far apart though, and with work etc we don't get games that often. 

I think SWA is best played with house rules. It's such an old ruleset, it really does need a bit tweeking.

I don't actually own the rules myself, and I never played actual Necromunda (though I have a roungh idea between SW:A and reading the 40K second edition rules). I suppose I prefer to play things as written if at all possible. What was really annoying in that game were the mission rules, and the number of players :P though it was funny seeing everyone freaking out about the Harlequin Solitare jumping around the board.

Yeah there's a mission that lets you do a bunch of people apparently? Either way I have no problem house ruling missions to allow for more players

And I have no issues with house rules in general I just tend toward RAW

But yeah it was about 10 kill teams on 1 4x6 board

Thank you very much WarriorFish! I've nearly finished another 3 sisters, which will give me 2 squads of 6 and my leader. I've also started work on a Seraphim squad. I love the models, but I don't like the 2 sticks which are used to make them appear in the air. So I'm currently trying out different basing options. I've also got an old 2nd edition Immolater in the pipes :) 

I've got 1 old and 1 new :) Emperor bless my brother for having good taste way back when. Keep your eyes peeled for 8th rage quitters, you can find some great deals. Next update (with pics) should be Tuesday. I'm having so much fun gaming and painting with this army! I should have another match of SWA this week too! X

Hi everyone! Just a small update. I've got a few days to do some work on my SIsters, yay! These are all still super WIP and need lots more doing. Really excited about my first Seraphim, can't wait to do more blending on those robes. 

WIP

http://i66.tinypic.com/a3fe4h.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/2vts95d.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/wl23xz.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/b5ljy9.jpg

Edited by Sister Alessia

'Starship Troopers' seems good as long as you do not read Robert A. Heinlein's original novel, whose many discussions on "duty" will be appreciated by any Imperial loyalist.

Besides, the power armor the novel described in great detail, is completely absent in Paul Verhoeven's film adaptation. Can you imagine an Adepta Sororitas movie in which the Sisters are not only not wearing power armor, they also refer to the "God-Emperor" in a mocking manner? (Verhoeven, having grown up in Nazi-occupied Netherlands, is not a fan of the fascism the Imperium promotes as an ideal.)

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker