Alessia's Order of Our Martyred Lady

Hi all! Just finished up 3 more battle sisters, a Seraphim and a Vet Sister Superia. Yay! It was hard work with it being so hot, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

That's 12 battle Sisters painted in all now. 

http://i64.tinypic.com/2wgahdu.jpg

Gosh darn, just realised I haven't highlighted her gold.

http://i67.tinypic.com/afcyrn.jpg

My fav so far. Vet Sister Superia Franny Devaux

http://i66.tinypic.com/dxy1at.jpg

Thank you Dante! They look much better in person. I used to have a light box, which was amazing for pics, I must get another. Inspired by your deep fluff, I've decided to name all Sisters of Superior rank or higher :)

Next Phase: Finish painting Immolater 1. Build Immolater 2 (my weakest skill, eek) Paint 2 Melta Sisters; paint 4 Seraphim.

Nice highlighting, and like I said in that one other thread, I love your canoness' lucerne hammer (though I can't say the same for her anime/Escher hair. :tongue.:).

And building old plastic rhinos... That might be even worse than drilling barrel holes in metal models. I was so glad to see the chassis updated. :laugh.:

Thank you SlaveTD. I've got more free time coming up next week, for lots of painting! Really hoping to have 500 points painted by the 12th of this Month.

Cheers KnightotR, I was so hoping we could take thunder hammers this edition, alas! And how dare you! She has the same hair I have :P

The way that hammer conversion is angled looks really natural, to the point where I hadn't even thought about how good it looked before.

(and I agree there is a striking similarity in hair :P )

Edited by Servant of Dante

Yeah, putting on stand alone pistols can really be a pain. I had to dig up practically every left handed bolt pistol I had when I did up 15 of my 30 Death Company as Bolt pistol and Chainsword, they really can be a pain. :tongue.:

If it's really being an issue, I'll apply the glue and hold the piece in place for a minute or 2 (that part can be really frustrating, since my hands shake sometimes, and I'm not nearly old enough to be having that issue), then once it's semi-dry I prop the model up using whatever I have laying around at an angle where the pistol stays in place, or I clamp the base with an electrician's vice and set the vice at an angle that, again, lets the piece stay in place.

Edit: and I've still never really fielded all 30 of those Death Company. I've had the models for like a year and a half now . . . but then I started Sisters, and kinda lost interest in playing Blood Angels :D

I think the fact she is finecast and the pistol is metal didn't help. I will take an updated picture next week, when I'm back at my flat. Using a vice is a great idea, I could really do with one. Gosh 30 death company sounds epic. I do really like Blood Angels, great fluff and the prettiest marine miniatures :)

Sorry to hear your still having the shakes. It can be caused by so many things e.g. diet, too much caffiene, medication e.t.c. My brother's been effected by arthritis since he was 19,so dont rule it out. You should definitely get it checked out.

Thank you Bjorn! I thinks the power maul is a good option to balance the low strenth, as well as looking cool. Plus 4 points is awesome! Looking forward to whacking some traitor guard with it next week :D

Haha I know my diet is crap, maybe I should get it looked at . . .

The BA are still special to me, first army and all. And their fluff is certainly great! And that pistol is metal? Ouch, yeah that must have been a pain.

I really like the paint scheme - definitely table ready and will really look the part.

I'm quite new to this forum too - how did you post pics straight to the site?Ive been using links to Flickr but there must be an easier way!

To post an image, you first either upload it to your B&C gallery, or to some other image hosting site. Then right click the image and copy the image address. Then use the image tool when writing your post to insert he image (is the icon that looks like a photograph in the toolbar at the top of the reply box).

Here's the official B&C guide to posting and hosting images: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/141716-posting-and-hosting-images-at-the-bc/

I'm not that tech-savy myself, so if you need further help, I'd suggest sending a message to a Mod. I believe Olis is the one who helped me out when I had this same question a while back.

Edit: Sorry for taking your thread a bit off topic, Alessia :)