Alessia's Order of Our Martyred Lady

For the lenses, I'm going to call this push blending. Basically paint your lense a base colour, I went with Mephiston red. Do as many layers until its completely opaque. You then want a high light and a shade colour. I mixed Khorne red with some army painter matt black, for my shade. I picked a bright orange for the highlight, I think its Fire Dragon Orange? Now you want to really water these colours down, much more than you usually would. First apply your shade to your brush, then starting in the middle of the lense, push the paint up to the furthermost back corner of the lense. You need to start light and push heavier towards the corner. You then need to do this for the highlight again from the middle, but push towards the opposite corner. This will then give you the effect of many layers. Finally a dot of pure white in both corners.

Thanks for that, don't worry - you explain very well! 

So glad you all likey!:D

As you can imagine, it takes too long to do all that blending on a whole army. I wanted my Sisters to actually get finished lol. I started a Dwarf army with all the armour push blended, never got finished.

Its not so much a club, as a gathering of friends round my appartment. I always bake muffins and cake though ;)

So glad you all likey!:D

As you can imagine, it takes too long to do all that blending on a whole army. I wanted my Sisters to actually get finished lol. I started a Dwarf army with all the armour push blended, never got finished.

Its not so much a club, as a gathering of friends round my appartment. I always bake muffins and cake though ;)

Nice. I do the same!

@Beams Its just the done thing :biggrin.: Plus its much nicer for a home to smell of fresh baked goods than Promethean!

@Dr_Rum Well if you ever fancy the commute, your more than welcome :yes:  

Just had my 4th 500 point game. This was against my brother's Imperial Guard. Closest match yet, it came down to the last nail biting dice roll. Unfortunately I lost, but we had a great time. Those pesky Guard blob squads are nasty. Can't believe how many shots they put out with 1st rank 2nd rank fire. I still only managed one 2+ roll for faith, I guess the Emperor is testing me. I've only fought Orks and Guard so far, hoping to play a non horde army soon lol.

After a good few battles under her. Alessia has learned new focus and devotion, battling against the hordes of despicable traitor guard. This new fanatical focus, has lead to compliance and a move away from her more Unorthodox tactics. As such, she has been seen fit for promotion to Canoness Commander, of a small convent of Order of Our Martyred Lady. To mark this occasion she has been gifted a bracer, a relic from the Order, as well as a custom Storm Bolter, her new badge of office.

http://i68.tinypic.com/sdeg5e.jpg

She was never quite "finished" or I probably wouldn't have. Her arm holding the Inferno pistol had been bugging me too. Plus the storm bolter has been doing wonders for me in game, and her loadout is so cheap.

My luck is so bizarre. I can make a 2+ armour save no problem, but anything else, nada. Glad I'm not the only one though :teehee:

I used that exact same Sister Superior model for my Heavy Bolter Retributor squad back in the day.

She still holds the record for most devastating hit. She got Rending from the Act of Faith on her Boltgun and shot a Blood Angels Stormraven that was transporting Dante, 5 Loaded Sang Guard and a Death Co. Dread. She blew it up! Dante failed his save and died (no Eternal Warrior back then) and everything else died as well. 800+ points gone from a single Bolter round.

This was out of the old White Dwarf magazine dex. One of our early 6th Edition games.

Hopefully her spirit lives on in your Sister Superior. Expect great things!

Also, I dig your lenses. Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

That's so awesome Deffnob! The emperor certainly protects those who stay true to the holy trinity :D I hope she will carry on the brazier for your amazing Superior. 

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've just moved to a new apartment, so I've had all my miniatures and paints in storage. I finally moved in to my new place 3 days ago, yay! Unfortunately my phone died, which had my camera on it, :sad.: I have however been busy and I have finished painting my 500 point force :D I have converted most of my Sisters to have storm bolters, as they are all the smexy! I've just had to add 2 more Sisters, with the new 2 point Stormies lol. As soon as my new camera arrives, I will be posting all the new stuff, plus a whole army picture.

So what's next?.... Why continuing my force to 750 points! I'm basically adding a Repressor and Seraphim, oh yes! (happy Seraphim dance with Dante) :)

I've also got 2 or 3 matches this week. I will be playing Imperial Guard and possibly Craftworld Eldar. I might also be able to squeeze in a game of Shadow War against my brothers Inquisition force. My friend Urshula also has her new Death Guard ready to play for both games, gulp! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya everyone! After a much too long hiatus from moving, I'm back! And I bring with my finished 500 point army, yay! I've had so much fun painting and gaming, I've decided to carry on painting up to 750 and possibly 1000 points! :woot:  So next to do, to take my army up to 750 points, Is adding a Repressor and Seraphim unit. I'm converting the Repressor from my old school Immo and I already have the Seraphim models. I'd really like to get to 1000 points so I can add an Exorcist, but it will depend on funds.

"Additionally" I recently picked up a copy of Space Crusade from a charity shop. Epic nostalgia feels! :biggrin.: Not that I'm old enough to have played it when it originally came out, but it was my first introduction to Games Workshop and 40K. Would people be interested in seeing me paint it up? Obviously I will still be playing Sisters. :wink:  Thank you internet rule wizards! X

http://i65.tinypic.com/15n9jfb.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/rlz489.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/296bxmw.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2j1r5gp.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2hia36d.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/314dxqp.jpg

Really like the colours, the red and whites especially but an extra special mention is needed for the blue on the Immo :thumbsup: Will you be painting the trims on the transparent canopy? It's tricky, but really makes a difference. Looking forward to the future additions, though I can't help but think a Celestine (old or new... or both!) would look great in these colours :biggrin.:

Thank you very much noble Fish Warrior! The blue was really fun to do and gives the Immo that extra pop! I wasn't sure about the Canopy. I can't decide to just paint the trim, or paint the windows blue as well. I guess I can just paint the trim first and see if I like it :)  As much as I would like to paint Celestine, I don't use special characters. I could potentially convert her a bit, as I would really like a jump pack canoness :D