Nico's Praetorian Guard WIP Thread

The Mordian Strategem really is superb. Use it on a combined squad (another 1CP stratagem, combine 2 Infantry squads together) with FRFSRF... For me that's 16 Lasguns. In rapid fire range with FRFSRF that's 64 shots. About 10 6's on average giving another 40 shots... It's so good I'm expecting an FAQ / amendment to make it one additional shot with each 6 like the Imperial Fists bolter Strategem. Unfortunately that would make it pretty usless though.

@ walter h -- I've decided to just go with out of the box GW vehicles for all my armour. The conversion is just way too expensive and onerous and the size/shape is way too different for that vehicle to fly at a tournament.

@RangerBob24 -- cheers. Pretty good stratagem. The heirloom is fluffy but kind of "meh".

The Mordian Strategem really is superb. Use it on a combined squad (another 1CP stratagem, combine 2 Infantry squads together) with FRFSRF... For me that's 16 Lasguns. In rapid fire range with FRFSRF that's 64 shots. About 10 6's on average giving another 40 shots... It's so good I'm expecting an FAQ / amendment to make it one additional shot with each 6 like the Imperial Fists bolter Strategem. Unfortunately that would make it pretty usless though.

Yep...it is good.  May also limit it to a single volley from that weapon.  Meaning I shoot a heavy bolter and roll 6,6,6 to hit, that is 9 more shots coming out of that hvy bolter, where it may get limited to just 3 more shots no matter how many 6's you rolled.

Thinking how I plan to use it is with a Veteran squad with 3 Plasma, along with a Take Aim order. 

6 Plasma shots...even distribution is 5 hitting with 2 of those triggering the Volley Bonus and 4 more shots coming out with 3 of those hitting. 

No worry for overload with the take aim...so 8  STR 8 hits with a -3 AP and 2 wounds per failed save.

Trick is getting the Vets in a place to shoot only 12" away.

Also limiting Strategems to once per round makes me thin the change is not coming and will remain as written.  

Considering how the Regimental Doctrine for Mordians is kind of “meh” the Volley Fire Strategem helps close the advantage gap others have. What I like is how it’s not just spending one Command Point to do it but involves planning.

Addmission on my part, I didn’t notice the “with that weapon” stipulation. I really thought it was on the dice alone. -_-

Considering how the Regimental Doctrine for Mordians is kind of “meh” the Volley Fire Strategem helps close the advantage gap others have. What I like is how it’s not just spending one Command Point to do it but involves planning.

Addmission on my part, I didn’t notice the “with that weapon” stipulation. I really thought it was on the dice alone. :sleep:

I'm thinking the Mordians might be equal to if not the best  "Gunline" of the bunch.   That doctrine kicks the LD up to 8 for Vets, Standard nearby kicks it up to 9 to help prevent dudes from running.   Then the 4+ Overwatch with the Russes should also keep your lines intact.  

Just securing the objectives that throws the wrench into those plans.  ;)  

Thanks for all the feedback, comrades ... now back to painting. Unfortunately this army won't see the tabletop for a while but I am enjoying the painting. Much different from my DKoK. But with the shoulder straps and extra details Victoria packs into her minis not exactly fast to paint either.