The Inquisition War

Mellow

Just wondering if anyone considers this Trilogy to be "canon" or not.

Personally I'm inclined to think that it is until a new BL Novel is released that contradicts it.

... and yes I'm specifically referring to the whole split personality thing going on with The Emperor.

I don't think there has been stuff that has since contradicted, certainly from BL,although Forge World, White Dwarf, Codices may very well have done so.  Interestingly the forward from Carrion Throne suggests that Chris Wraight built on Watson's world, I think they were the first Warhammer books he read, as well as the world created by Abnett.  He also referenced the old bumf favourites, Czevak and Kryptman for example.

Personally, they weren't my cup of tea but I was a lot younger when I read them.  I think 40k has moved on significantly since they were published and even reading them when I did they came across as a product of the 80s.  I'm not articulating this very well though.  Basically, I don't think they've been superseded but I'd hope they're not the foundation stone which underpins everything.

Just wondering if anyone considers this Trilogy to be "canon" or not.

Personally I'm inclined to think that it is until a new BL Novel is released that contradicts it.

... and yes I'm specifically referring to the whole split personality thing going on with The Emperor.

It is not canon anymore.  Especially with the already released 2017 stuff and upcoming Wraight awesomeness of the Emperor's Might.

' Interestingly the forward from Carrion Throne suggests that Chris Wraight built on Watson's world' - R_F_D not even closed.

They are an absolute antithesis of one another.

Possibly. Lets just say its more likely and dramatic. Hes supposed to be void whale sizish now.

Theres no records of the Emp talking to romuppuet.

He could have mind bolted his knowledge into jesusiluiman, but he hasnt got a beard, or a mo. So F im.

Maybe he said yourrrr ffffffffarkking late to the ppparty bbbbbitch.
Its a penitent crusade for you.

Possibly. Lets just say its more likely and dramatic. Hes supposed to be void whale sizish now.

Theres no records of the Emp talking to romuppuet.

He could have mind bolted his knowledge into jesusiluiman, but he hasnt got a beard, or a mo. So F im.

Maybe he said yourrrr ffffffffarkking late to the ppparty bbbbbitch.

Its a penitent crusade for you.

lol. Are you sure you are a Khorne follower? You are too clever than them ;) I smell Tzeentch somewhere :)

I always liked the split personality thing The Emperor was doing. It did fit with the lore at the time that he was made of Shamans.

Plus with lots of voices all speaking at the same time I imagine he would have sounded like the Borg. Which was mildly amusing.

"Resistance to the the Omnissiah is futile!"

'I always liked the split personality thing The Emperor was doing. It did fit with the lore at the time that he was made of Shamans.'

- in general Emperor could do anything he wants - his powers range from Merlin to Azura to Jesus to Thanos to Galaxus etc. etc.

Archived