2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists - Sign-up

Hey Uveron,

another question if you don't mind. I've been lurking here for years but only recently made an account, is it appropriate to join the tale despite this? I've been planning a tale for the new edition, figured this would be a nice way to get more involved with BnC :)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_11287/med_gallery_78067_11287_550952.png

Born of Terror, made strong in Terror, endure through Terror.
The Nightmare wakes once more.

Do not fret - our lord is a man of Unusual Mercy amongst our dour brotherhood, and I assure you - it shall be swift.

I, the Psycho, commit the long-neglected forces of the Terrorborne (VII Legion - 52nd Company//Raid Battlegroup, cross-ref. Siege of Terra) to the challenge of the Bolter and Chainsword's 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. May it be that my glories in this task pave the way to my redemption for my previous failures and erase from my skin the stain of dishonor. This my oathword, my solemn vow. I defy fate, I refuse failure, I reject the inevitable.  I WILL succeed in my task, against all odds. I pledge this.

This is my oath of moment.

I, the Psycho, accept my role in this.
I promise to lead the VIII Legion into the zone of war, and conduct them to battle.
I will do so no matter the ferocity or ingenuity of the foe.
I pledge my knife to the VIII Legion.
On this matter, and by godless Night, I swear.

Ave Dominus Nox.

I, MindOfMetal, commit to the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I will be completing roughly a demi companies worth of Marine Malevolents led by this handsome chap.

Fantastic, Do you have any additional story in mind for you for your Marines Malevolent? No worries if you don't its something that will (Hopefully) develop over the rest of this event.  

Do we post progress updates in this thread or our own?

As Grotsmasa said, the actual event thread will be posted up on the first of june. A guide for what to post will be included in the initial post of that thread. 

Hey Uveron,

another question if you don't mind. I've been lurking here for years but only recently made an account, is it appropriate to join the tale despite this? I've been planning a tale for the new edition, figured this would be a nice way to get more involved with BnC :smile.:

Feel Free to join in, will be a great way to become more active on the board. 

I, the Psycho, commit the long-neglected forces of the Terrorborne (VII Legion - 52nd Company//Raid Battlegroup, cross-ref. Siege of Terra) to the challenge of the Bolter and Chainsword's 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. May it be that my glories in this task pave the way to my redemption for my previous failures and erase from my skin the stain of dishonor. This my oathword, my solemn vow. I defy fate, I refuse failure, I reject the inevitable.  I WILL succeed in my task, against all odds. I pledge this.

Welcome to the Tale! Looking forward to seeing this army develop. 

Probably a silly question, but are we allowed to build models now in prep? do we get points deducted for pre built models ?

I hope we can - I have started on a scratchbuilt Rhino substitute and a backdated Land Raider...

Yes you can! There may be some achievements based on conversions, but yes you will most definitely be able to use pre-primed and pre-built models.   

Working on getting excited and primed- RL has my mojo down a bit but I've parted with a few old pieces and am welcoming in some new- while avoiding the temptation of the MASTADON!!! (Reallllly want one for my iron warriors but looking at those knights and the stacks of unbuilt/painted stuffs and I says NÖ!!)

I'm also going to add the 20 blood angel tacticals that were the good deal into my IW vow of 25 tacticals, 8 cataphractii, 1 dread, 1 rhino, 3 thudd guns

I, MindOfMetal, commit to the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I will be completing roughly a demi companies worth of Marine Malevolents led by this handsome chap.

Fantastic, Do you have any additional story in mind for you for your Marines Malevolent? No worries if you don't its something that will (Hopefully) develop over the rest of this event.  

Do plan on a bit of back story for them. Mostly based around them trying to carve out a little stable area on the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum, with them 'recruiting' small bands of lost marines in order to 'help' them.

Well with a three day weekend and the above ok I have started to assemble my first three Thallax.

All cleaned and ready for the super glue, well mostly. ;)

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_13153/gallery_29932_13153_128663.jpg

Howdy folks. I humbly submit my WIP Flesh Tearers army efforts to this fun challenge.

I Wiqid, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, and pledge to complete 5 Sanguinary Guards, 10 Terminators, 5 Characters and 3 Dreadnoughts. 

Awesome! 

I, Rustam, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project is the Ultramar Auxilia 60th Armoured Cohort, supported by elements of the Ultramarines 3rd company.

Whatever is finished by october will be probably be used for this years Armies on Parade. The overall goal is to revisit the Battle for Macragge (and possibly Ultramar Campaign) with a few mates! 

Never let the future disturb you.

You will meet it, if you have to,

With the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.

- inscription upon the Gates of Magna Macragge Civitas, defaced by graffiti reading:

Our reason is hate, our kindness death.

I, Jüffös, commit to the Bolter & Chainsword 2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists. My project is to bring my Legio Tertia Decima Cohors Thalassana (13th Legion Cohort/Chapter of Talassar) to a reasonable size, starting with finishing off squads in various stages of WIPs, perhaps transitioning them over to the Grim Darkness of the 41st millenium, depending on whether I can resist buying Primaris Space Marines or not. I will finish my project by weathering my shiny blue boys to a more rugged look.

My minimum pledge is: 9 Tartaros Terminators, 9 Breachers, 8 Suzerains, 10 Veterans, 1 Cataphracti Praetor leading 5 Cataphracti Command Squad Terminators and 1 Primarch Guilliman including his private Land Raider.

Excited to be part of this, I always wanted to join an event like this, hoping to improve my quality and productivity.

Cheers,

Yves

Crumbs ... So it's moving to a June start?

I've been arranging budget for purchases I need to get started to tie in with a July start.

Hmmm ... Going to have to get my thinking cap on to change the order I do stuff.

I've been arranging budget for purchases I need to get started to tie in with a July start.

Hmmm ... Going to have to get my thinking cap on to change the order I do stuff.

IIRC, it's going to be a realitivly relaxed schedule, a single model for the first month should cover you :tu:

Count me in! I've decided to stop dwelling exclusively in the Heresy section and will be creating the Dekk-Tra company of the Vlka Fenryka, led by Bulveye.

Current units painted:

- Leman Russ

- Jarl Bulveye

Current units planned:

- Speaker of the Dead

- Rune Priest

- Iron Priest

- Seer (Navigator)

- Freki

- Geri

- Mastodon

- New Thunderhawk (still need to buy that)

And I also plan to build some infantry but will hold fire until the primaris have a SW kit or I find a nice way to convert them to the VIth since I want all of my marines in that new gorgeous scale.

I dantay_xv commit to this challenge...

I will be working on my Space Wolves as ever, with my project themed around the assault on Prospero... My army (or armies) are built around 3 cores Mobile assault (jetbikes, jump troops javelins and lightnings etc.) Infantry (nuff said, many half finished, or not started models there) and armoured assault (loads of tanks.. Mastodon built and in need of a decent paint job).

Hopefully this will help relieve some of my procrastination plus tie in nicely with the event running i the SW forum too.

IIRC, it's going to be a realitivly relaxed schedule, a single model for the first month should cover you :tu:

I'm building a board so need to work out how I'm going to break it down. Lol ... But I need to work out what I'm actually doing with it first. ;)

Do plan on a bit of back story for them. Mostly based around them trying to carve out a little stable area on the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum, with them 'recruiting' small bands of lost marines in order to 'help' them.

That sounds fun and open to some great conversion opportunities. Looking forward to seeing them.  

Howdy folks. I humbly submit my WIP Flesh Tearers army efforts to this fun challenge.

Welcome to the Tale. 

Awesome! 

I, Rustam, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project is the Ultramar Auxilia 60th Armoured Cohort, supported by elements of the Ultramarines 3rd company.

Sounds Good, the Battle of Macragge is a great focus for a project. 

I, Jüffös, commit to the Bolter & Chainsword 2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists. My project is to bring my Legio Tertia Decima Cohors Thalassana (13th Legion Cohort/Chapter of Talassar) to a reasonable size, 

Looking forward to seeing more! Sounds like you have a great plan lined up 

Sorry about that man. Month one does cover the first part of July so I hope it's not a major issue. (and the first month should have some simpler competition rules) 

Count me in! I've decided to stop dwelling exclusively in the Heresy section and will be creating the Dekk-Tra company of the Vlka Fenryka, led by Bulveye.

Welcome to the rest of the forum! Looking forward to seeing your models! 

I dantay_xv commit to this challenge...

Hopefully this will help relieve some of my procrastination plus tie in nicely with the event running i the SW forum too.

I hope it banishes all the demons of procrastination! 

Hey Uveron, if its not too much trouble, I'd like to change my pledge. With the news that 30k is staying 7th Edition, a lot of my local group is getting into 30k more, and I'd like an excuse to make use of a lot of the tanks that I bought for the old Anvil Strike Force, which in 30k I plan on using as Armoured Breakthrough.

So, if possible, I'd like to change my vow to the following:

Pilgrims of the Dark (my own custom XI Legion)

Space Wolves

Solar Auxilia

Viking-inspired Militia

Hey Uveron, if its not too much trouble, I'd like to change my pledge. With the news that 30k is staying 7th Edition, a lot of my local group is getting into 30k more, and I'd like an excuse to make use of a lot of the tanks that I bought for the old Anvil Strike Force, which in 30k I plan on using as Armoured Breakthrough.

That's fine, I have planned to let everyone change their projects upto the end of June, gives time for 8th to settle in people to change plans if needed. 

QUICK NOTE: 

I will have very limited access to the internet today. As such the event thread will probably be posted up tomorrow morning (US TIME) 

If things work out well for me there is still a chance it will be up this afternoon/evening, but I want to make sure the initial post is correct and not spend more time making corrections. 

I skidman will commit to finishing my pre heresy iron warriors of which there are currently 50 marines and 20 breachers 15 terminators and I will be adding tanks and support elements as I complete the infantry the will be a part of my 15th grand battalion

Archived