2017 - A Tale of Hobbyists - Sign-up

I, Jaxom, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I pledge an Imperial crusade force of Astra Militarum reinforced by Primaris Astartes and maybe some Adeptus Sororitus.

If I'm not too late.

I, 200Plus, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project is the relief of Fallujat II.

Communications with the Fallujat system have become sporadic and warnings dire, an initial Ordo Xenos element was detached to investigate and subsequently lost. Further elements of the Holy Ordo were prepared and a call was issued for reinforcements to gather to fight the menace believed to be present within the system. Shockingly, a Strike Cruiser bearing elements of the Marines Malevolent have responded to the summons. For good or ill, the Fallujat system will be cleansed.

I skidman will commit to finishing my pre heresy iron warriors of which there are currently 50 marines and 20 breachers 15 terminators and I will be adding tanks and support elements as I complete the infantry the will be a part of my 15th grand battalion

Welcome to the Tale, do you have any more fluff on the 15th Grand Battalion. 

I, Jaxom, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I pledge an Imperial crusade force of Astra Militarum reinforced by Primaris Astartes and maybe some Adeptus Sororitus.

Looks good, do you have a theme to this force? Aka whats it a crusade for/of 

If I'm not too late.

I, 200Plus, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project is the relief of Fallujat II.

Communications with the Fallujat system have become sporadic and warnings dire, an initial Ordo Xenos element was detached to investigate and subsequently lost. Further elements of the Holy Ordo were prepared and a call was issued for reinforcements to gather to fight the menace believed to be present within the system. Shockingly, a Strike Cruiser bearing elements of the Marines Malevolent have responded to the summons. For good or ill, the Fallujat system will be cleansed.

Looks Good! Fluff sounds great! 

Note to all: Project thread will go live in next few hours. Just working on it now... I had 0 time this yesterday to do any work. Will try and get something together shortly. 

I MrBadweed, pledge myself to the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, my goal will be to FINALLY start and end an army for 8th edition. My project will be a yet unnamed and unfleshed warband of the Black Legion led by Ekron Fal and, if im diligent, the Primaris marines of the Dark Imperium set as adversaries.

" Abbadon's triumph was shortlived, for as the warp thundered through realspace so did the god's warriors. No united front to the warmaster's crusade, but a fragmented horde. Moved by their own grudges, interests and the goading of deamons, Hosts and Warbands reneged their oaths to the Warmaster's cause to rampage across the reeling Imperium. Only the true Legion remained focused on the task at hand, for Terra still stood.

To that end, Abbadon tasked Ekron Fal, Warlord of the Ezekarion and Lord Harrower of the Sin-mat-Ikali, to conquer, hold and fortify the Belis Corona Sub-Sector, eastern bridge between the two halves of the sundered Imperium and key route to Terra.

They were greeted with the blood and fire of avenging sons."

Looks good, do you have a theme to this force? Aka whats it a crusade for/of 

That'll coalesce more once I get my mitts on the updates to the setting; my current thoughts are something along the line of disparate IG elements meeting up at a Vraks-like world. I like the idea of tying it to the Indomitus Crusade, my DIY Chapter's Master fanboying out over RG when the Master shows up for new gear and geneseed at Mars after being cut-off from the rest of the chapter and getting some Primaris handed to him.

Ok, Ok, I'm sold! The bit about allowing me to finish off uncompleted stuff swung it for me! I can get those Apothecaries all done and dusted!

So I will be vowing a crusade era Emperor's Children force, a kind of Pride of the Legion force, with lots of elites /unique units and characters from the Black Library novels. I'll nominally base around Solomon Demeters 2nd Company!

I glomshark can hopefully participate in the event with a Betrayal at Calth boxed set which is split as follows.

15 man Alpha Legion  Tac squad 

15 man Iron Warriors Tac squad

5 Iron Warriors Terminators 

1 Iron Warriors t contemptor  Dreadnaught

1 Alpha Legion Chaplain 

1 Iron Warrior Captain in Cataphracti Armor

All tentative pending budgeting  issues 

I, Umbros, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I pledge to complete a contingent of Primaris Howling Griffons and also some scenery.

The immaculate marble halls of Mancora had not provided the triumphal return he’d expected or hoped for. An unease lingered in the banquet halls and the chapels and the shrines. Men he’d proudly called brother; men he’d fought side by side with kept their distance, eyes narrowed and fearful.

He felt the unease within himself. The Codex was revered and had brought victory after victory. He’d rigorously enforced it, even sparred with brothers of other chapters about the folly of defying it. The genesis of the finest strategic mind in the Impierum. Yet here he stood, a defiance of the codex made manifest. He could not shake the dissonance.

There was only one thing that set Alessio’s mind at ease. War.

Changed my mind - white is a pain to paint.

The Bethalmean 757th has just been redirected to engagements on the mud flats of Xentath II. They will be refitted from winter uniforms to uniforms and armament that match the environment they will soon be in combat in. There they shall be joined by a new, Ultima Founding chapter of Primaris Space Marines, the Ash Walkers. 

I, BlueBelly1863, commit to participate in the Tale of Hobbyists 2017. I'll be working on a force of Imperial Guard, to be joined by Primaris Space Marines once I acquire the new starter set sometime down the road. Might try to get some scenery done as well. Really looking forward to this! 

I, Brother Captain Firelupus, commit to the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyist. I shall reinforce my chapter of Dorn's Wolves. 

Elements of the reserve company's under the command of Captain of the 6th.

6th company

8th company

9th company 

10th company

All, 

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. "Real Life" hit hard this last week. Getting back on track today. Let me know if I have missed anything! Like a change in project or even a Pledge. 

I MrBadweed, pledge myself to the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, my goal will be to FINALLY start and end an army for 8th edition. My project will be a yet unnamed and unfleshed warband of the Black Legion led by Ekron Fal and, if im diligent, the Primaris marines of the Dark Imperium set as adversaries.

Wellcome to the Tale! 

That'll coalesce more once I get my mitts on the updates to the setting; my current thoughts are something along the line of disparate IG elements meeting up at a Vraks-like world. I like the idea of tying it to the Indomitus Crusade, my DIY Chapter's Master fanboying out over RG when the Master shows up for new gear and geneseed at Mars after being cut-off from the rest of the chapter and getting some Primaris handed to him.

Ok, Sounds Good! 

Ok, Ok, I'm sold! The bit about allowing me to finish off uncompleted stuff swung it for me! I can get those Apothecaries all done and dusted!

So I will be vowing a crusade era Emperor's Children force, a kind of Pride of the Legion force, with lots of elites /unique units and characters from the Black Library novels. I'll nominally base around Solomon Demeters 2nd Company!

Iam Glad, Welcome to the Tale! 

I gianlucafiorentini123, pledge myself to the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, my goal is to expand my Black Crusade force with some of the new Primaris to face up against them. 

Does your Black Crusade have any other information? 

I glomshark can hopefully participate in the event with a Betrayal at Calth boxed set which is split as follows.

15 man Imperial fists Tac squad 

15 man Iron Warriors Tac squad

5 Iron Warriors Terminators 

1 Imperial Fist contemptor  Dreadnaught

1 Imperial fists Chaplain 

1 Iron Warrior Captain in Cataphracti Armor

All tentative pending budgeting  issues 

Is there a set theme to this project? Other than Iron Warriors V Imperial Fists 

I, Umbros, commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. I pledge to complete a contingent of Primaris Novamarines and also some scenery.

Welcome to the Tale! 

BlueBelly1863, commit to participate in the Tale of Hobbyists 2017. I'll be working on a force of Imperial Guard, to be joined by Primaris Space Marines once I acquire the new starter set sometime down the road. Might try to get some scenery done as well. Really looking forward to this! 

Welcome to the Tale! 

I, Brother Captain Firelupus, commit to the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyist. I shall reinforce my chapter of Dorn's Wolves. 

Welcome to the Tale! 

I am in. In the absence of the ETL this should spur me on.

I, Daemonifugue, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My overall goal will be to finish of my existing Alpha Legion cell and build the extra units to bring it up to 2000pts. Who knows, there may even be time for some objective markers & scenery.

I'm game for this. Think I'll be painting Dark Vengeance (Black Legion) and Dark Imperium (Death Guard) with a smattering of Khorne to mix it up. Aiming to paint 100 models for my Chaos force for the rest of this year. 

Further to my original pledge I would like to change the scope of my project a little as already indicated in the other thread with the first two pledged units.

It will still be for the glory of the Omnissiah, I just have one or two smaller projects first.  To tie it all together I have come up with some work in progress fluff.

The Defense of the Elysium Forgeworld

Founded by an expedition originating from the primary forge on Elysium Mons on Mars, Elysium is only nominally in Imperial space lying far beyond the official reach of Segmentum Tempestus and Segmentum Pacificus.

My pledge will focus on the Imperial forces stationed on Elysium during a Xenos* incursion into nearby imperial system.

My first focus will be the Scathian XX Auxillia Regiment. An abhuman regiment comprising of Ogryn. In addition to the normal BONE enhancements of select Ogryns the Mechanicus has modified several Ogryns Bone’eads with more advance cognitive units allowing these to serve as officer equivalent. The Mecanicum has also supplied the regiment with some specially adapted weapons to give the regiment some longer range firepower in the absence of traditional heavy weapon support that a normal regiment would have.

My Second focus once I have finished with the Ogryn force will be the Elysian Athanatoi, the elite Tech-Guard of the Elysium Forgeworld. I will flesh these out as time goes on. They will be count as space wolfs and based on Stormcast Eternal on Gryph-Chargers and related Stormcast that came out at the beginning of the year. I bought the models with the intention of converting to use as Thunderwolfs but did not get much further.

I may from time to time also work on my Mechanacum Taghmata for 30k as per the original pledge, representing other force of the Elysium Forgworld either in the present or during the Horus Heresy.

* Necrons, specifically I have an ongoing project to salvage and refurbish my 2nd edition metal Necrons. 

I ST. Lazarus, Commit to participate in the Bolter and Chainsword 2017 Tale of Hobbyists, My Project the Black Templar crusade to liberate the ork occupied Cardinal world of Lazarus.

My project will be a infantry focused black Templar army using the new primaris marines backed up by dreadnoughts.  A general theme of relics will go thru the army and I will be using the 3rd edition’s starter box art as the guide for my art direction. 

This should be fun :) I, fisheyedbunny, being of sound mind commit to the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project will be starting with Primaris Howling Griffons and expanding out to include some other Imperial support options

This should be fun :) I, fisheyedbunny, being of sound mind commit to the 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My project will be starting with Primaris Howling Griffons and expanding out to include some other Imperial support options

Good to see more Howling Griffons brother, looking forward to see where it leads....

Haha, I changed mine to Howling Griffons too. How weird. I couldn't get a tester for the Novamarines to look good so I went to the army that I first tried to make back with the 3rd edition starter set. Needless to say ten year old me couldn't manage quartered yellow and red... 

Fluff wise it's still a bit up in the air due to the advancing of the timeline though the basis of it can be found <a href="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320825-the-black-death-the-black-legion/">here</a>

but I'm going to change some of it around a bit to fit in with the new marines.

Rough idea is that this Black legion and attached warbands were fighting the 5th company of my custom marine chapter the 'Crusaders' but then left leaving behind a planet in the clutches of a cultist uprising before moving onto the current campaign. However, the newly issued Primaris marines have tracked them down extracting revenge for their new parent chapter.

Still time for me to jump in?

I, FirstSonofHorus, commit to participate in the B&C 2017 Tale of Hobbyists. My aim will be to complete a cadre of Captain Calvatus's Ultramarines Primaris strike group (with a few friends tagging along). 

Going back to my roots. The army I started the whole hobby with. 

Archived