+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

+++ THE CALL TO ARMS HAS BEEN MADE...

WILL THE SONS OF CORAX ANSWER? +++

RG_Event_Banner_v6.jpg?raw=1

In the wake of the Storm of Chaos breaking across the breadth of the Imperium, Rouboute Guilliman has called the Indomitus Crusade to take the fight to the enemy wherever they rear their heads. 

Guilliman's first request for aid has been sent out to all the first founding Chapters demanding they and their successors join the crusade at full chapter strength. With the Raven Guard heavily committed across the Damocles Warzone and the losses incurred during the fall of Cadia and during the Crusade to bring Guilliman to Holy Terra, the Raven Guard have called upon all the Sons of Corax to muster. Between them they can achieve a Chapter strength force and gift Guilliman's crusade the skills of the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor'.

"Victorus aut Mortis" 

As a temporary replacement for ETL, to continue the momentum of the 'Talons Reach' event and to celebrate the coming of 8th Edition, the Raven Guard Forum is Hosting the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' challenge.

The challenge is open to the Raven Guard (40K & 30K) and all successor chapters, both known and created by you and will run from the 15th of June through to the 15th of September.

The rules are simple: vow to paint any unit/units you'd like for your army. Unlike the ETL, as we are not competing against other forums, you can vow allies, as long as they are Imperial e.g. Inquisitor, Elysians etc.

Each vow should be for the same unit type,  so, if I want to vow a  tactical squad and a scout squad, then you make 1 vow but declare both troop types. There is no limit to the number of vows you can make during the challenge. A vow must be completed before making another vow.

Each Vow should be: 

I, (name), for the (Chapter name), vow to complete (model/models) by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Each vow should be accompanied by a before photo, showing the model/models in their pre-painted state (under coated is fine) (with the exception of the Race Bannon bonus, see below). Upon completion, post a photo of the completed model(s).  More than one angle would be nice, but not required. 

It is preferred the quality be at least for table-top use with three different colors used (washes do not count).

The progress will be updated every few days and will also include a running total of our total forces, cheering milestones as we hit them e.g. Company strength.

All participants can use the 'Oath Marker' below in their signatures to let everyone know that they are taking part:

LJcJiF.jpg

Awards:

Upon completion of the event all participants will receive a personal banner with a 'pip' awarded for each troop type completed (this may be adjusted if different titles are used in 8th):

• HQ
  • Elites
  • Troops
  • Fast Attack
  • Heavy Support

If a participant manages to complete a vow for each of the above, the Aquilla on the banner will also be 'lit'.

There will also be three bonus awards available during the challenge:

• Race Bannon Challenge - complete a model to represent our hard working Raven Guard moderator, it can be a character or a rank an file trooper. I know a few have done this already so rather than you making another one, you can post your completed Race. (easy win for those who have done one before).

If a participant completes the Race Bannon Challenge a Laurel Wreath will be added to the unit type 'pip' i.e. If a Sternguard Veteran Sergeant is modeled as Race, the Laurel will appear around the Elites 'pip' on the Banner.

• Flyer Challenge - A bonus 'Pip' will be awarded for those participants who vow and complete a Flyer choice, though this is not required to 'light' the Aquilla.

• Lord of War Challenge - A bonus 'Pip' will be awarded for those participants who vow and complete a Lord of War choice, though this is not required to 'light' the Aquilla.

So get your brushes ready......the Hidden Hands of the Emperor ready for WAR!

Edited by Valaas

Hidden Hands of the Emperor Stats

# of Participants: 23
# of Active Vows: 19
# of Completed Vows: 37

HQ: 17
Elites: 27
Troop: 65
Heavy Support: 21
Fast Attack: 38

Flyers: 3
Lords of War: Hellhammer, Imperial Knight

Allies present: Vindicare Assassin, Imperial Fists Vigilator, Lord Commissar, Eversor Assassin, Bullgryns

Race Bannons: 6

Milestones Reached: Company Strength

Bedouin2: Master of the RitesShadow CaptainScout Squad w/ Sniper Rifles

Chaplain Dosjetka:

Claws and Effect:

Damo1701: Shadow Captain / Assault Squad / Intercessor Squad / Land Raider Proteus / Inceptor Squad / Hellblaster Squad / Primaris Lieutenant / Primaris Ancient / RB Contemptor / Fire Raptor Gunship / Gravis Captain / RB Lieutenant / Deimos Vindicator Laser Destroyer / Sicaran Punisher / Apothecary / Devastator Squad

duz_: Lord Commissar / Hellhammer / Bullgryns / RB Lieutenant

Filius:

Khine:

Kua:

MajorNese: Scout Squad w/ Sniper RiflesAssault SquadPrimaris AncientGravis Captain / Intercessor Squad / Stalker Captain / Intercessor Squad

Mr. Poe:  Scout Squad w/ Sniper Rifles / Eversor Assassin

NattyMac: Tactical Squad / Shadow Captain Solaq / Murderwings

NiceGuyAdi:

Nusquam: IssodonPrimaris LieutenantPrimaris InceptorsIntercessor SquadImperial Space MarineHellblasters / Aggressors / Repulsor

Pentharian: Umbra Talon

Race Bannon: Primaris LieutenantLand Speeder TempestVindicare AssassinLand RaiderTactical Combat Squad / Dreadnaught / Count As Stormtalon

Rocmistro:  Scout Squad w/ Sniper RiflesBike SquadAssault Squad on footVanguard VeteransLand Raider Ajax

Shrieker: Imperial Fists VigilatorPraetor / Mor Deythan

Spazmolytic: Intercessor Squad / Hellblaster Squad / Inceptor Squad / RB Primaris Lieutenant

theduke08:

thewarriorhunter:

Valaas:  Stormtalon / Sternguard Squad / Assault Squad

war009:

The Yak:

Edited by Bedouin2

Great to see everyone excited.....remember the event starts on the 15th of June (next month). We've gone 'Live' now to give everyone a heads up and give you some planning time before the event kicks off. 

P.s. and to give us a bit more time to get banners etc finalized :wink:

Edited by Valaas

Great to see everyone excited.....remember the event starts on the 15th of June (next month). We've gone 'Live' now to give everyone a heads up and give you some planning time before the event kicks off.

P.s. and to give us a bit more time to get banners etc finalized :wink:

To be fair, I think this is what I've been waiting for before doing any more painting since Talon's Reach.

I have a couple of trays here, one primed, one not. So, I'll vow a squad at a time as I have coursework to do inbetween... lol

Yay, productivity boost. :teehee: Though I might have to look up what's the background of Race Bannon (the comic (?!?) character, not the moderator).

Let's get started...land raider is too far painted to enter, so let's move on to the next unit.

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a tactical squad by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Yay, productivity boost. :teehee: Though I might have to look up what's the background of Race Bannon (the comic (?!?) character, not the moderator).

Let's get started...land raider is too far painted to enter, so let's move on to the next unit.

I, MajorNese, for the Raptors, vow to complete a tactical squad by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

You've got some time for some planning (*and to get your Land Raider finished) before the challenge kicks off. Won't start until the 15th of June. :wink:

You've got some time for some planning (*and to get your Land Raider finished) before the challenge kicks off. Won't start until the 15th of June. :wink:

Damn...should read more carefully. Well, then it's time to finish the LR and a bit of AdMech first. And planning isn't necessary, just grabbing the top of the Tower of Shame (untouched sprue collection stack) is enough. :happy.:

hmmmmm damn you guys....maybe I could just uhhh work on my Adepta Sororitas as allies :whistling:  yeah.....just to enter the Race Bannon Challenge since my Sisters don't use allies

Question just so I am aware and don't cheat:  My raptors are base coated in OD Green is that still allowed as they are only base coated that color and no other colors are present 

hmmmmm damn you guys....maybe I could just uhhh work on my Adepta Sororitas as allies :whistling:  yeah.....just to enter the Race Bannon Challenge since my Sisters don't use allies

Question just so I am aware and don't cheat:  My raptors are base coated in OD Green is that still allowed as they are only base coated that color and no other colors are present 

If you wish to use the sisters as allies , that's fine, as we said its more relaxed then ETL and is more geared for you to paint the armies you want including some allies.

As for the OD green, up to you as to what colour of undercoat you use so fine with me (unless Race thinks differently).

Ya, the intent was to get stuff painted, yet still make it personally competitive.  So, the base coat (and nothing else) is honorably preferred :tu:

Which is the point of the "pre-" picture: visual proof the model wasn't a few brushstrokes away from being finished - which would be cheating anyway, thus a stain on your mortal soul ^_^

Ok I wanted to double check.  you guys are gonna make me build another predator........:rolleyes:

I, Shrieker, for the XIX Legion, vow to complete by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

• HQ: 1x Raven Guard Commander and 1x Imperial Fist Vigilator ('They look like Race Bannon!')
  • Elites: 5 Tartaros, 5 Mordeythans
  • Troops: 15 Imperial Fist Breachers
  • Fast Attack: 2 Land Speeders
  • Heavy Support: 2 Rapiers

It feels like there's a Lord of War choice missing, but that'll do for now :-)

-Edit- got too excited, vowed before start ><. Oh well, allows me to assemble most of these in time!

Edited by Shrieker

Since you've updated the OP banner to reflect the new 8th unit choices, is the intent to add dedicated transports as a 6th catagory to light the banner? Or rolled into troops?

My understanding is transports are more separated and clearly defined in 8th, so I am just. Curious how you want to handle it?

Since you've updated the OP banner to reflect the new 8th unit choices, is the intent to add dedicated transports as a 6th catagory to light the banner? Or rolled into troops?

My understanding is transports are more separated and clearly defined in 8th, so I am just. Curious how you want to handle it?

Good question ITVyper,

Given that we have not long finished the Talons Reach event, that was all about the transports and other vehicles. We are going to remove the dedicated transport pip. If you want to paint a dedicated transport for a vow, a pip will be awarded that corresponds to its associated unit e.g. a rhino attached to a command squad will receive the HQ pip.

That way no one is force to paint another transport, if the painted them all already for Talons Reach.

No turning back now, the Hidden Hands banner is now in the B&C scrolling header

Edited by Valaas

Yay, productivity boost. :teehee: Though I might have to look up what's the background of Race Bannon (the comic (?!?) character, not the moderator)

Look up the Johnny Quest cartoon from the 60's or 70's. He was the pilot/bodyguard.