+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

So I am in a bit of a bind of what to pledge next.

Right now I'm having a quick break and doing some building, I have a massive back log! Well for me anyways normally everything is waiting to be painted not built.

I will probably finish building my VV's this evening, however I certainly want to take a break from my Digicam scheme after spending ~4 months at the beginning of the year working on that. 

Which leaves me with either my Storm Talon which is relatively straight forward or more Guard which I have to admit I am really excited for this edition as I can play them as I've always wanted to and not get face stomped! :) That would mostly be troops though...:unsure.:

Would people be disappointed if I continue to vow a couple more Guard models before I eventually get to my Storm Talon? :blush.:

Glad you asked ^_^  I've mulled over this a while before committing cash to the model.

I plan to magnetize the nose weapons (AsC, LasC) as this will also allow for Plasma Cannons later if I wish.  These are the Stormraven's turret.

Hurricane Bolters come with the model and should get magnets as well.  To not damage the hull I may place the magnet under the top hull plate.  Earth magnets are pretty powerful,so any size in the weapon should "stick" to the hull well.

The Blackstars's missile pod will serve as the Typhoon Laucher.  But the Auspex plate will get a TL Heavy Bolter mounted onto it.  I have an old metal TLHB piece from the original Master of the Ravenwing in a Land Speeder.  It's perfect: not too big (i.e. gaudy), gets an old bit used, and uses all the parts native to the model so no heavy conversion work needed.  Like the Hurricane bolters, the HB and Missile Pod will be magnetized with the hull magnet under the top hull.  If I want to use Multi-Meltas though, that will require me getting another Auspex part and the actual weapons, but I'm sure that is not going to be a problem.  Yet, that is not a part of the current vow as I am not a fan of the MM for the Stormraven.  That may change of course ;)  This was the hardest part to consider and I settled on some considerations.  As my intent is to use the base weapons the real "challenge" was the Heavy Bolter mount.  Believe me when I was >.< this close to buying parts to "make" it. 

I'll use the two-missile bit of the wings. 

So, it's going to really maintain the Corvus Blackstar plan.  As you can see in the pic, I used plasticard to cover the Inquisitorial script - and let me just say that people who uses the stuff regularly have a LOT of patience.  It's my first attempt to use the stuff over a large area and I do not want to do that again.  Obviously, I'll shave off the Inquisitorial icons on the doors and rear wing mounts.

I have a lot of work to make these modifications :sweat:

I, Mr. Poe, for the glory of the Raven Guard and the Night Claws Chapter, vow to complete a Eversor Assassin by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

I've had some success with the other Eversor so I put together another one! It's a small vow but between magnetizing a bunch of VV's and moving this weekend this is about as much I can realistically commit. 

http://i.imgur.com/l8FwaFK.jpg

He's magnetized in the same manner as the other one. I tried to pose him in a more flunge maneuver, for all you fencing enthusiast :wink:

Vow finished, including sergeant Race Bannon.

aimg_34857yusu.jpg

Next vow:

I, MajorNese, for the glory of the Raptors Chapter, vow to complete a stalker boltrifle captain, a stalker intercessor squad (3) and 3 tarantula platforms  by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Of the intercessors, only 3 are built so far. The other 2 will need their shoulder symbols first...

stalkersmu9y.jpg

tarantulasqwuff.jpg

To give a current overview:

HQ:

-Captain

Elite:

-Primaris Ancient

Troops:

-Intercessors

-Sniper Scouts

Fast Attack:

-Assault squad

Including the currently vowed Tarantulas, I'm just one Thunderhawk short of one of everything. :happy.:

Edited by MajorNese

Vow complete! :D

gallery_87434_11578_490820.jpg

gallery_87434_11578_843027.jpg

Original post:

I, Duz_, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete one squad of Bullgryns by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.gallery_87434_12480_11431.jpg

Action shot! ;)

So deciding between Storm Hawk or Assault Marines next... the Hawk would certainly be quicker. But I had a thought about using my ASMs with my VVs with the RG deployment Stratagem ... hrmm...

Edited by duz_