+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

That's a really neat trick 9x19!

I use one similar for my GKs, but never thought to do it on my Aquilas! It looks like you actually layered and highlighted.

Need to remember this for my remaining squads! :D

Nice work everyone!

That's a really neat trick 9x19!

I use one similar for my GKs, but never thought to do it on my Aquilas! It looks like you actually layered and highlighted.

Need to remember this for my remaining squads! :biggrin.:

Nice work everyone!

When it comes to painting miniatures, I'm all about getting maximum results from minimal effort.   There are some areas where taking shortcuts is simply the best approach.  This is one of them, especially when you consider that most of your models are going to be carrying a bolter or similar 2 handed gun straight across their chest, spending a lot of time highlighting and perfecting something like that when it will never get seen is crazy (at least to me).

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Sneaking in under the wire....

Tactical Squad - VOW COMPLETE

IMG 20170915 234407

Painted up to a reasonable table top standard. For Hidden Hands of the Emperor these boys are done but, I'll take them a bit further over the weekend and post individual photos along with the Devastators and the Primaris Lt. in my 4th Company PLOG next week.

This challenge was great for me to get things done, now at the end I've managed:

Core Units - Complete

HQ - Primaris Lt.

Elites - Stern Guard Veterans

Troops - Tactical Squad

Fast Attack - Assault Squad

Heavy Support - Devastator Squad

Bonus Pips:

Flyer - Storm Talon

Race Bannon - Stern Guard Sgt.

Only thing I failed to get done was my LoW selection, the Obsidian Knight, slightly gutted I couldn't get a clean sweep!:rolleyes:

IMG 20170915 075357

Another week and I'd have had him at least to a table top standard, might have managed if I hadn't had to finish a section of the Tau Manta so the build could progress.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part, I think it was a great event and I hope you all got as much out of it as I did.

Bedouin2 will post up the final results in the near future and NiceGuyAdi will be preparing completion banners for everyone of the participants that show how much you achieved.

Cheers,

Valaas

Edited by Valaas

Yay. After months of bad photos I finally conceive of the brilliant plan to just borrow my wife's phone. Here we go. Last post, and for the final time, I proudly introduce;

LAND RAIDER CRUSADER AJAX!

gallery_95196_13406_219650.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_84365.jpg

STORM TALON GUNSHIP LIBERTAS!

gallery_95196_13406_49228.jpg

HUNTER DUST CLAD!

gallery_95196_13406_465496.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_533929.jpg

LAND SPEEDER STORM UMBRA!

gallery_95196_13406_114941.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_46015.jpg

THE MOTIVATED HARD CHARGERS ASSIGNED TO SCOUT SQUAD 3, FIRE TEAM 1!

gallery_95196_13406_59036.jpg

SILENT DEATH SNIPER TEAM, SQUAD 3, FIRE TEAM 2!

gallery_95196_13406_63330.jpg

SCOUT COMPANY'S RIFLE PLATOON, SQUAD 2, FIRE TEAM 1!

gallery_95196_13406_764415.jpg

SCOUT COMPANY'S RIFLE PLATOON, SQUAD 2, FIRE TEAM 2!

gallery_95196_13406_59861.jpg

SCOUT COMPANY'S RIFLE PLATOON, SQUAD 2 FULL ENSEMBLE!

gallery_95196_13406_518022.jpg

VANGUARD VETERAN TEAM 1; AKA "THE EDGE"

gallery_95196_13406_45807.jpg

CAPTAIN KYRIX'S COLOR GUARD and BANNER BEARER!

gallery_95196_13406_123040.jpg

CAPTAIN KYRIX and his PERSONAL BODYGUARDS!

gallery_95196_13406_86452.jpg

FAST ATTACK SQUAD 3, SECTION 1 "THE FLAMING FOOTSLOGGERS" (techmarines are almost done repairing their jump packs)

gallery_95196_13406_199328.jpg

FAST ATTACK SQUAD 3, SECTION 2 "THE GALLOPING GRAV WRANGLERS"

gallery_95196_13406_144768.jpg

3rd COMPANY'S CENTURION DEVASTATORS "HEAVY D AND THA' BOYZ!" (too many campaigns fighting Orks)

gallery_95196_13406_76158.jpg

3rd COMPANY'S LASCANNON DEVASTATOR ; LONG RANGE FIRE SUPPORT SQUAD "THE LASER-BRAINS"

gallery_95196_13406_164830.jpg

And, last but not least, the man with balls of solid rock, he got separated from his Cadian Regiment at the Battle of Atropos IV, and has proved his mettle on several occasions now, currently on special deployment serving with the hard charging brothers of Scout Squad 3, Fire Team 1 while he awaits the proper development of his gene-seed organs, I present to you Lance Corporal RACE BANNON, cool mofo complete with sunglasses (that he wears at night no less):

gallery_95196_13406_7860.jpg

And one last time, the full ensemble:

gallery_95196_13406_104850.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_705474.jpg

gallery_95196_13406_640478.jpg

Race as a guardsmen! :lol:

beautiful work everyone :tu:

I was not able to finish my Terminus Umbra. There are many excuses, yet the fact remains. :( Still, between a work shift and home factors, my completion this round was very good. The prize of the event for me was the Stormraven (ok, Blackstar): this model was always a dream since it was released, and it took this event to commit to it ^_^

Now then, off to finish the LR, then clean the back log!

So...when do we get our banner or whatever in our signatures?

Right... BACK OF THE QUEUE FOR YOU! Anyone else? Hmmmm?

Ahem, sorry about that. Got overexcited. Just waiting for the final tally (Bedouin's had a lot of real life stuff keeping him very busy lately) and once that's in, I should have them run out pretty quickly.

I haven't had a chance to chime in, but I really appreciated this event. It's the first painting event I've done and it was really fun to participate in something with a bunch of other random internet strangers.

Looking forward to proudly displaying the event in my sig so I can start by B&C swag collection!

I hear ya war009. If I didn't have a job, wife, kids, and work getting in the way of my hobby i'd have 10k painted already :rolleyes:

Really though finding that balance is key. I'm looking forward to the next painting event where I can participate!

Speaking of that, is there a general area on B&C where ongoing events are maintained or do I need to look at each subforum and see what is going on?

This event was a awesome introduction to B&C for me & thanks for letting me participate in it. Couldn't quite pull off the last pledge as my body was in complete ache mode from my trip but they're nearing completion now. Again thanks to all who organised this & participated, it was tons of fun

Barely made my vow.

I decided to go light this time because I knew I wasn't going to have time to get much done.

I now have more Assault Marines than I really know what to do with. I have fifteen and don't plan on running more than one squad at a time :FA::ermm: 

COMPLETION BANNERS FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS HERE

Okie Dokey, I've made a start on completion banners now, as you will be able to see from my signature below. I'm now making these up based on people's honesty on what they've completed, so to get yours, please PM me by copy/pasting the list below with the relevant units added in.

+++

CORE

HQ - [add relevant completed unit here]

Troops - [add relevant completed unit here]

Elites - [add relevant completed unit here]

Fast Attack - [add relevant completed unit here]

Heavy Support - [add relevant completed unit here]

BONUS

Flyer - [add relevant completed unit here]

LoW - [add relevant completed unit here]

Race Bannon - [add relevant completed unit here]

+++

I'll be doing this on a first come, first served basis. I'm also extremely busy with work and personal life stuff at the moment, so please be patient and understand that if I have any queries on the information you give me, I'll put it to the bottom of the pile and deal with it once I've got the easy ones done, so please make it easy for me and stick to the list template I've laid out above.

Ta,

Adi