Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How will the Sons of Sanguinius react to Primaris Astartes

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

ChapelXIII

ChapelXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguine Blades

I saw the news of the new Primaris Space Marines

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

I am interested to see what people will think of them in our forum. I have specifically built into the lore of my chapter, the Sanguine Blades, that they are very depleted. I imagine they will take the additional forces eagerly. From what I have seen the Blood Angels are in the same sort of spot. So what are people thinking with this. Do we suppose that the Blood Angels will take the boon? How will some of the other DIY chapters that share the angels blood react? 

• Helias Tancred likes this

Rocmistro

Rocmistro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

Do we know what the rest of the stats are besides the new longer range boltgun?

Arkangilos

Arkangilos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,707 posts
  • Chapter Name: Sanguinary Crusaders
I think they will. Sanguinius was a visionary and his sons have tended to support whatever brought a better future.

Previously known as Telanicus

IA Sanguinary Crusaders The Crusaders of Blood (Revised, still under some work) And WiP Page
IT Warriors of Cain Unholy Chosen The Chosen of the Unholy Imperium of Cane.

gallery_29004_10383_20021.jpg

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Sacred Rose

No only stats are for the MkII Bolter. No info on the Marines themselves or their points. Guess we'll see how this fluff pans out! Personally my BA army is nearly complete, and being so close to completion I'm loathe to move the finishing posts further away :P

gallery_27469_1702_14298.gifgallery_30308_9518_4931.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_11634.pnggallery_30308_9518_8793.jpg

gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

ChapelXIII

ChapelXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts

Looks like they are going to have another article about them by the end of the day. 

Rocmistro

Rocmistro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

If (and this is a big if) the primary 'upgrade' of new SM is going to be shooting related (ie the gun), I don't imagine they are going to play a big part in BA fluff.

What else do we speculate on these guys? Str 5? Tough 5?  Ld 9? 2+ Armor Save? 24ish points per model?

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 976 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels

No only stats are for the MkII Bolter. No info on the Marines themselves or their points. Guess we'll see how this fluff pans out! Personally my BA army is nearly complete, and being so close to completion I'm loathe to move the finishing posts further away :P

Straight up. At this point I'd rather start a new army than try to incorporate these models into my collection.

That being said I like how they are being introduced, and am interested to see the new vehicles and Dreadnoughts spoken of in the article.
  • Arkaniss and Helias Tancred like this

Brother Lemartes

Brother Lemartes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
Sounds interesting, just incredibly curious as to how they are going to balance these guys along with termies, sternies, VVs, and what not... they said there would be different types of squads for these guys, so I'm sure they will have a melee type version that may outclass our other melee units. I feel like it'd be somewhat improbable for all of our elite units and these new elite units to be all balanced and worth taking without some being just flat out better... I fear for all the termies I just made and the VVs I was looking forward to making! Also, that new dread better not out shine our dreads in CC! Lol

Edited by Brother Lemartes, 15 May 2017 - 02:50 PM.

NTaW

NTaW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 976 posts
They are going to outshine their predecessors in every way. In the article it's stated that the units come at a higher cost than normal marines, I assume that cost will be the balance.

Arkaniss

Arkaniss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 928 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Sacred Rose

It's one way of making Marines the elite army again if indeed they are as pricey as they imply. Though with them being flat out better then that does give a pointed conundrum to many players who enjoy playing the 'best of the best' so to speak. When your Marines aren't so shiny and the are outshone by new, better Marines... does kind of tarnish them.

I haven't made my mind up about them to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm genuinely not a fan or it's just me being an old player who doesn't like change sweat.gif 

gallery_27469_1702_14298.gifgallery_30308_9518_4931.pnggallery_30308_9518_3604.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_11634.pnggallery_30308_9518_8793.jpg

gallery_30308_9518_5514.png

Father Mapple

Father Mapple

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Suns
If they have 5s where Marines have 4s, a second wound, and are around the current equivalent of 40pts each, or around 3 current Marines, that'll be about right. The bump in toughness will mean a lot in the new wounding tables.

Edited by Father Mapple, 15 May 2017 - 03:54 PM.

Father Mapple

Father Mapple

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Suns
Well, about the time I hit edit on that last post, here is the rules article on e the primaris Marines.

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-4/

Edited by Father Mapple, 15 May 2017 - 04:05 PM.

Rocmistro

Rocmistro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 87 posts

So...2 wounds, 2 attacks and a longer range bolt gun. I'm not sure exactly where I see these guys fitting in just yet.  23 points?

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Chapter Name: Cacophony of Unbound Pleasure

I think the Blood Angels will welcome them but be careful around them with their twin curse until they are sure they can trust and accept them as part of the angels heritage.

I also don't see a problem with them. +1 wound, attack and one more inch movement plus a slightly better bolter for the lack of special/heavy weapons and more points seems fair to me.

I may get one small unit of the assault versions for my Knights of Blood depending on how the story progresses.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpg

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,163 posts
  • Chapter Name: Carmine Blades
That's just the first squad of them. You can guarantee there will be assault oriented variants.

I would rather paint an entirely separate chapter than include them in my current force. That's just me personally.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten, 15 May 2017 - 05:08 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,178 posts
  • Chapter Name: CSoV, TSons

The Crimson Sons of Vengeance won't be welcoming them into our chapter anytime soon. Robute be damned!

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector
Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium
Hobby Blog: The Repainting
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pnggallery_29004_10383_212.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_5192.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_4664_11830_5080.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.png

ChapelXIII

ChapelXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 234 posts

I like the fluff opportunity that these new marines bring. Schisms appearing between chapters that reject them and accept them, and even inside chapters that accept them there could be problems. I think that my Second Blade (Captain) Aziz will have a lot of issues with these new marines seeing them as impure and made without the Emperor's light. I'm actually loving the way this is playing out in my head. 

In terms of gameplay we have only just seen power levels which is admittedly very vague level of power. I really hope that this is properly balanced, and I think that it will be. They seem a bit stronger on paper, but I don't think they are going to usurp the role of the different astartes. Regular marines aren't made obsolete because terminators are a thing. This is just another level between those. 

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,806 posts
6 power for 5 of them puts them at identical to thousand sons rubric marines, who are/were about 23-24 pts last edition.

They seem a lot weaker than KSons though, so I wonder what rules adeptus Astartes shall have.

45bf9d3f-67ed-459f-ab16-6dae5f772a41_zpsgallery_58096_11765_15606.jpggallery_62972_10568_30745_zps7apczmbs.jp5cfc2df1-07de-4c53-a375-9692d63472be_zpsgallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pngXX

Cleon

Cleon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 144 posts

One thing pointed out on another thread is that the creation process for these new Primaris Marines has ore in common with the Blood Angels 'prep all the changes and then have them mature in the Sarcophagus' than the more codex 'implant the organs one at a tie over months', leading to the suggestions that the Primaris are in part what the Emperor was trying to do when he made the Angels a little different.

Still not sure HOW they are supposed to get to us with a giant stonking warp rift running across the galaxy between us and them, but I like that they at least have some similarity with our lore.

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

OPTIMVSCHRISTVS

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 140 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Infernal

Strongly considering taking my spare Prospero Mk.III bits and using them with these new kits...reformed Knights of Blood anyone?

we_badge_optimvschrist.png

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,967 posts

relief

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts

Strongly considering taking my spare Prospero Mk.III bits and using them with these new kits...reformed Knights of Blood anyone?

Gonna add at least one 5 man unit to my Knights of Blood I think. But I kinda want to wait and see how the story on Baal will play out since it would be pretty hard to justify Primaris Marines if something happens there that prevents KoB from getting them. :P

Brother Lemartes

Brother Lemartes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,198 posts
I'm really looking forward to these guys getting the Death Company treatment... preferably going crazy before reaching the BA on Baal causing guiliman to rethink a few things maybe...

I was thinking my chapter would definitely turn these guys away or be straight up hostile towards them, but if we see them suffering from our twin curses, my guys won't be able to turn them away for that would prove that they are still true sons of sanguinius...
  • ChapelXIII likes this

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts

I just hope Mephiston will still be the superior Marine. He actually worked hard for it and broke through the curse all on his own. It would just feel cheap on him if he'd be weaker than Primaris Marines in 8th.

• simison, Indefragable and Paikis like this

Boudan

Boudan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 450 posts
  • Chapter Name: Lamenters
I will definitely not be including them in my >5000 point Lamenters army. Likely I will switch to using the Primaris marines for the next great adventure.

Edited by Boudan, 15 May 2017 - 09:01 PM.

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei05_zpsofe6800D202-C166-4232-B95A-27C47046A9FC_zps59751E11-0F5D-4E99-ADEC-998E3E0C6E7D_zps8ED947B7-6559-47BB-932D-159A19B64104_zpsAAB59B84-0FC0-4F5E-A70E-E37C449080EC_zpsD105AE90-99E5-487B-B6DF-7E436EDE3AB0_zps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users