It could just be that mark 9 armor is going to be another suit for these new marines. Like the walking dudes use mk10, but jp guys have a mk9 with better integrated jump packs then the older armors? We really won't know till GW says though.

Be on the lookout for a new FW release post 8th launch.

Minotaurs in MkIX armor that are somewhere between regular marine and primaris sized.

^wild unfounded guesswork.

But seriously, they could be throwing FW a bone with this.

In a side by side, you can see the progression from MkVIII Erant to GK Aegis to MkX Gravis. As Aegis is produced by the AdMech, and the AdMech produce both the Erant and Gravis, it's not a stretch to think Aegis is the missing MkIX.

SJ

Although I'd thought that Aegis armour was actually developed *before* Mk.VIII - and that, if anything, Mk.VIII incorporates features which were first seen in mass production on the Aegis [like the raised collars etc]. 

Now, to be fair, there ARE artist depictions of what *appears* to be Mk.VIII-ish armour in-use during or before the HEresy [the Index Astartes article on Imperial Fists, is the best example for this]. 

But yeah, it seems curious that Aegis Armour - which is decidedly a non-mainstream pattern of plate for highly specialized use - would be assigned a production mark. 

And whilst we don't have full information as to whe whens and whenfores for either Aegis or Mk.VIII plate's production and distribution - the numbers available and in circulation for the Chapters in M.41 rather strongly implies that it is a more recent innovation (of the last few centuries or at most a millennium or two), whereas Aegis armour appears to have been in-use with fluff depictions of the Grey Knights about as far back as we can tell. 

Although this all gets a bit thrown around by the idea that Mk.X armour has been apparently in development for the last ten millennia on Mars or something [i'm not fully o-fay with the Gathering Storm fluff].

An additional possibility is that the 'Gravis Armour' [the 'not-terminator' plate of the Primaris Captain] will wind up representing Mk.IX - however,  given Terminator armours are a side-development and not generally given main armour mk.s, it's' unlikely. 

I was wondering, with the Primaris Marines coming out with Mark X armour, what happened to mark IX? Did GW forget how to count or was there something that I missed? Please tell me if I missed a space marine codex only release or if I am making sense.

honestly, I am fulling the Alpha legion to show up with mark 9 armor. when GW finaly does them, and have the lore be the alpha legion stole the plans and destroyed the backups, making cawl start from scratch

Gravis could be the MkIX version, but since they haven,t said so we don't know for sure.

I myself had assumed Gravis to be MkIX but it seems Gravis power armour is merely a modification of the MkX Tacticus suits. So what exactly MkIX is, is anyone's guess. unsure.png

Archived