Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Primaris Space Marines and the Space Wolves

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,297 posts
Repulsaor can carry 10, so a "mixed" of Hellblasters and Intercessors can objective sit pretty damn hard, while engaging multiple units at 30" with decent heavy support from the tank. Granted a metric ton of points, but Primaris ain't cheap.

The intercessors, yeah they have extra toughness and a extra wound, but just fall flat with no special weapons and no transports. They are immobile and while they would be great if they could get in land raiders/stormwolfs to hold objectives, being unable to restricts them greatly.

Reivers offer a support role with being able to get into position quickly and holding their own in a fight. They also have a range weapon making them more versatile than the intercessors.

Pretty sure you meant that Reivers have a melee weapon that makes them more versatile.
Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

Caldersson

Caldersson

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood of Fenris

Repulsaor can carry 10, so a "mixed" of Hellblasters and Intercessors can objective sit pretty damn hard, while engaging multiple units at 30" with decent heavy support from the tank. Granted a metric ton of points, but Primaris ain't cheap.

The intercessors, yeah they have extra toughness and a extra wound, but just fall flat with no special weapons and no transports. They are immobile and while they would be great if they could get in land raiders/stormwolfs to hold objectives, being unable to restricts them greatly.

Reivers offer a support role with being able to get into position quickly and holding their own in a fight. They also have a range weapon making them more versatile than the intercessors.

Pretty sure you meant that Reivers have a melee weapon that makes them more versatile.

reivers default is melee weapons, they have a optional range weapon too.

Challenges Completed:sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg<p> Looking to buy Wulfen or SW Termie shields, send me a PM.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,072 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
Intercessors don't get higher Toughness, it's Attacks and Wounds. Only Primaris in the Gravis version of Mk X Armour get the extra Toughness, and Intercessors aren't in Gravis.

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,297 posts

But that is just a carbine isn't it? 24" range assault 2? I would think keeping the melee weapon and pistol would be more versatile than pushing the carbine onto them.
Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

Triszin

Triszin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,389 posts

But that is just a carbine isn't it? 24" range assault 2? I would think keeping the melee weapon and pistol would be more versatile than pushing the carbine onto them.

Im thinking 4 carbines might be a sweet spot, just enough ranged fire power to irritate targets a bit away

banana

Karhedronuk

Karhedronuk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 607 posts
My Space Wolves have received their first squad of Primaris reinforcements. I am planning to walk them up the battlefield with Bjorn so that they can overcharge all day and reroll 1s. Given the mono-pose nature of the models I have built them vanilla rather then wolfifying them (I see them as new arrivals to the Fang). If I get more Primaris stuff in future, I may decorate them with some more appropriate pelts and tails.

post-887-0-90724900-1501018033.jpg
  • Garreck likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users