Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust [reaper... Lance?]

So I've posted bits and peices of this project in various threads. But I'd like to put together a collected log. So without much preamble I present my slowly progressing but never finished Death Guard.

IMG_20170124_204318_2.jpg

Sorcerer

IMG_20170109_172100_2.jpg

Havocs

IMG_20170124_204530_2.jpg

Chosen

IMG_20170124_204411_2.jpg

Hellbrute

IMG_20170114_032920.jpg

"The seige tick" possessed vindicator

IMG_20170111_175258_3.jpg

And i'll show an early WIP of a deamon prince of you're all interested. Not much to show yet beyond a torso and head though.

Some stellar conversion work here. I've just finished reading Master of Mankind and your Hellbrute looks like how I imagine a certain machine in the story. Great job and looking forward to what you crank out next.

Wow thank you Everyone. The tick does attract a lot of attention, so since it was asked for the most, let's start with that.

IMG_20170111_175258_2.jpg

IMG_20170111_175335_2.jpg

pixlr_20170111193138590.jpg

This build was a kind of on the fly mad science project. An exact parts list is hard to recall. But the obvious required kits are a onager and a forgefiend. Then it goes all over the map, kataphron track guards and other details, hellbrute missile launcher, there's a juggernaut headplate in there and a skavend special weapon team Gunbarrel for the demolisher. I really had fun making it and would do it again.

Now the other big one. This is the last in a line of kastelan robot based chaos conversions. Parts wise it's a kastelan wit hellbrute and forgefiend parts for armour and various mechanicus bits for detail. The extra pictures are kinda dark for now. Sorry about that.

IMG_20170114_032951.jpg

IMG_20170114_032940.jpg

IMG_20170114_032933.jpg

Some stellar conversion work here. I've just finished reading Master of Mankind and your Hellbrute looks like how I imagine a certain machine in the story. Great job and looking forward to what you crank out next.

Thank you. Funny though how people imagine things in books. I saw the machines in master of mankind totally different to anything I've created.

maaan that hellbrute and siege tick

amazing!

what did you use for the beer gut on the sorceror? and i can't identify the biyt you used over the head of the hellbrute, that idea is really really cool

The gut is a plage bearer gut. Just cut away from the body and tried to fit in a wedge like space I left behind when grafting Khârn's leg to the chosen torso. The hellbrute head is two hellbrute shoulder pads glued together, with the tanks from the same kit plus a servo skull to finish off the deamon automata's face.

You certainly have some talent for conversions, really like the helbrute and vindicator, clever use of the forgefiend. How did you do the Havocs with AC's ?

Also, show us the DP! :P

Thank you, the havoc AC's are plastic HH bolters with dunestrider AC barrels.

Those conversions are so cool, man. Holy :cuss. And seamless, too! I was legitimately about to google 'Siege Tick' because I thought a new model had been released without me knowing about it or seeing it on GWs preorder section. Not joking. 

Thank you Everyone. I'm glad to hear the latest addition is well received. Now on to replies.

Really liking the DP ... not sure if you have noticed but there is a gap down the front of the plate on the torso that might need some green stuff, unless thats intentional ;)

Not intentional but I'm okay with it. May scratch in some cracks to make it look more intentional. BUT more or less I'm okay with a few imperfections in a Nurgle force.

Cool daemon prince, mesh between mechanical and bone looks great! The head looks a tad small to me, but chaos is random anyways so it still looks good!

Thanks the small head is the way I wanted it. I wanted his proportions to feel vaguely wrong.

Archived