Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust [reaper... Lance?]

I love that Daemon Prince, though it does remind me of a certain MMO character...

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/6/64/Necro_warframe_01.PNG

Not entirely inappropriate! 

Everything on this thread is incredible -- even in the face of the looming release of shiny new Nurglite models. Your conversions are just fantastic! The possessed Vindicator and Dreadnought are super-original, and that has to be one of the best and most creative Nurglite Daemon-Princes I have seen so far. The Grandfather is proud! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Status update. I've been working on things but I haven't gotten around to showing any of you. But so you know, I've decided to finish off my planned 1000pts 7th list despite the close drop of 8th. If I finish this up quick enough I may fit one last 7th game in. I'll have to reorganize the army anyway, but I feel as though I sound stay committed to the plan. So for show today is the last two units I had to build. My troops. Didn't have time to take good photos so I'm sorry about that but I'll have better shots(and painted models) very soon.

Here's a shot of everyone together

2017-05-30_22.28.53.jpg

2017-05-30_22.18.49.jpg

2017-05-30_22.25.25.jpg

Now for the customary replies section

I love that Daemon Prince, though it does remind me of a certain MMO character...

Not entirely inappropriate!

Heh. I play that. So it wouldn't be unexpected to see things I like bleed their designs together in my work.

Everything on this thread is incredible -- even in the face of the looming release of shiny new Nurglite models. Your conversions are just fantastic! The possessed Vindicator and Dreadnought are super-original, and that has to be one of the best and most creative Nurglite Daemon-Princes I have seen so far. The Grandfather is proud! :)

Oh wow thank you. You know you're one of my biggest sources of inspiration? So that means a lot coming from you.

And yeah the new Nurgle releases were polarizing for me. On one hand they look amazing and fit perfect with what I've already done, on the other I feel like it sets me back to square one again.

Say whaaaaaaa...!!!

These conversions are awesome! Amazing that you can take a random assemblage of bits and reenvision it into something that looks so cohesive. And without greenstuff. Simply great and inspirational.

Hellbrute is pure kitbash but everything else does have some minor green work fyi. But thank you. I buy kits just to cannibalize them. I've bought 3 hellbrute boxes and built none of them. Used almost all the parts though. I have a very spontaneous building routine. I make a rough plan and then just kinda wing it as I go. I just keep one main thought in mind: 'the mark of a good conversion is that it doesn't look like a conversion at all'

Wow those posessed look fantastic! The pincer guy is especially cool, where did the backpack come from? Looks like a MKIII backpack as a base, but not sure about the other parts. Looking forward to seeing more!

Loving the Possessed, but god damn, that Daemon Prince is magnificent. I can't place the kits you've used to save my life, though.

The DP is pretty much cawl's upper body + morghast arms, wings and legs. Skull is from an AOS ork kit. The new boar riding ones.

Wow those posessed look fantastic! The pincer guy is especially cool, where did the backpack come from? Looks like a MKIII backpack as a base, but not sure about the other parts. Looking forward to seeing more!

Tanks off the back of multiple tech priest domnius

Those latest guys are fantastic -- and they match the look of the new "official" Plague Marines so well! Seeing your conversions made me instantly pick up my own bitzbox and come up with a new Plague Marine conversion as well. Excellent stuff! :)

So here's some WIP of my drone mods. Once I trade for my second one today I'll have to figure out how to make that one stand apart from this one as well. But all in all I'm happy with thing 1 here. Loving the new starter. So much detail.

2017-06-21_10.57.06.jpg

2017-06-21_10.56.35.jpg

Something a little special today. Two very related WIP hq characters. For some background, awhile back I started building a Praetor for a friend who has been runnung HH death guard. When I started putting the Lord of castigation, many similarities emerged. So my headcanon has made the two one and the same pre and post heresy. Here are the two together so you can see for yourself

2017-06-23_22.35.52.jpg

• 1 month later...

It lives! I kinda dropped off the map here but real life kicked in hard. Between my parents moving and a crisis with the GF, my hobby time was crushed. But with life settling back down I have some updates. Sorry for the bad photos. Phone broke and I had to get it replaced. New one has an even worse camera. Really need to set some money aside for a proper cam.

P_20170817_125818_LL.jpg

Squad 1 of the new plague marines is almost finished. Still have done cleanup to do, and I might fiddle with the two more simple easy builds before I move to paint.

Also decided to tear apart the blightbringer to use as squad 2's champion, and have him replaced by this swell guy instead.

P_20170817_125900_LL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Archived