Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust [reaper... Lance?]

+200 points for the Total Recall references!  That knight is corrupting along beautifully!  Somewhat simple, yet powerful conversion on the head. BRAVO!  I really need one of those things, if only I can convince the wife. ;)

If they had sold it to us as anything else besides total recall it would have been... Okay, barrable at best. But it even lacked the open ended conclusion that made the original so memorable.

Anyway, I've begun work on the second questoris Knight. Not much so far but it's a start!

pixlr_20180702202837402.jpg

New knight is looking interesting. It's well on its way to being a great nightmare machine with those updates you've shown. Will you bee adding more to where you had cut out the faceplate? That big fist is also looking pretty darn sweet with the blades for fingers.

Your knights are looking amazing. The temptation to get onboard and 'nurgle up' some knights is huge now with the release of Renegade knight rules.

I'm loving the Total Recall style little arm, it is unsettling your right. I keep thinking about it being inside the rib cage. :sick:

Your thread is great. I've been reading it for a while actually but not posted. I keep trying to find the pics of the 'Siege Tick' but can't seem to get the pics to work. I thought I would reply when I found them but it might be a hosting issue. I'd love to see them.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad people like the claw as much as I do. Faceplate will remain as is, I cut things away so you could see the machine face under it... Just a little. And there's actually two little arms down there. One is a tiny little single clawed thing taken from a servo-skull.

Once again I'm getting ahead of myself and I started detailing the first Knight a little more.

pixlr_20180703114209869.jpg

And yes it was a hosting issue. A lot of my stuff got wiped. I did however manage to recover the images of the 'tick' even though it's kind of useless now, I still loved building it.

Man, if I can get my hands on a fiends body with exhaust stacks and that dune crawler bit. Yeah. I might be doing that so I can have one too!

The added detail on the knight is also looking properly wicked! I am really digging the rear of his armor with the honeycomb mesh.

The tick is great! I’m not disappointed. Thank you for reposting it.

I was happily going back through the thread enjoying all the pics. I got back about as far as Krautscientist saying ‘everything on this thread is incredible’ and none of the pics before that would load. Noooooo!

Your latest Knight is looking amazing, great parts you’ve picked. Loving the beads, fab job lining them all up!

The Knight is coming along so well -- I can safely say that I didn't have in mind something so very cool when suggesting those alterations to the head -- you have really knocked it out of the park with the three eyes and horn emerging from beneath the faceplate! Love the lance as well! Excellent work all around.

And yeah, could we see that plague tick painted one of these days -- pretty please? ;)

Man, if I can get my hands on a fiends body with exhaust stacks and that dune crawler bit. Yeah. I might be doing that so I can have one too!

The added detail on the knight is also looking properly wicked! I am really digging the rear of his armor with the honeycomb mesh.

Thanks. Everyone should have there own tick, it's a blast to see people's expressions when they see it in person. And the mesh on the Knight was an afterthought. I had originally only removed one vent up top and was going to do some ork style repair work over it. Then I went on vacation, and visited a friend. He had a bunch of amazing bits of scrap metal from his work, including that mesh. He gave it to me when my eyes lit up. I still have a bunch of it too. So expect to see it a lot more.

Holy crap that knight is superb. And the tick! What made it useless?

The stats of the vindicator in 8th leave a lot to be desired, and it's no longer a legal choice in my death guard army. But I am working on a predator version right now. And I may do a third, Homebrew deamon engine version.

The tick is great! I’m not disappointed. Thank you for reposting it.

I was happily going back through the thread enjoying all the pics. I got back about as far as Krautscientist saying ‘everything on this thread is incredible’ and none of the pics before that would load. Noooooo!

Your latest Knight is looking amazing, great parts you’ve picked. Loving the beads, fab job lining them all up!

Happy to share it. I'll be trying to recover what I can, but a lot of pictures are lost to broken phones and the like. A few things I can just take new pictures for though. And honestly the studs are far from perfect. But it's nurgle and I can paint away any mess. They're not beads either, but cheap bedazzlement 'pearls' I picked up from a craft store.

The Knight is coming along so well -- I can safely say that I didn't have in mind something so very cool when suggesting those alterations to the head -- you have really knocked it out of the park with the three eyes and horn emerging from beneath the faceplate! Love the lance as well! Excellent work all around.

And yeah, could we see that plague tick painted one of these days -- pretty please? ;)

Take the credit, you got cursed a lot while I was doing the alterations. The lower part cracked in half at one point and I may have prematurely blamed you for ruining the whole Knight.

And hilariously, the tick has already been primed and started on. I just abandoned it after 8th happened and I also changed up my planned color scheme after starting it. But I'll get it done, as practice if anything else.

Impressive conversion work. I very much dislike Nurgle and his followers, but you've done a great job so far! :tu:

boo, I'm Nurgle for life. But I will be doing a heavily customized freeblade at some point for my ordo xenos army. So you have some imperial work to look forward to.

Useless or not, I'll be looting something from The Tick. Creepy and cool. SPOOoooooooon!!

Loot away. I want to see ticks everywhere. I Invision them as the creation of my own custom hellwright model, so he would be happy to see them spread to other warbands.

Thanks all, more updates will be coming this week.

That's fair. It is a nice model and it's nice that its not another STC box.

My only honest regret of selling off my DG is that my plagueburst went with it. That little beast was righteous.

Archived