Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

bloodhound23

bloodhound23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 162 posts
Excellent daemon prince. I've always thought the tiny head in traditional depictions of the grim reaper add to the creepiness, rather than detract, and I'm glad you've done the same thing here.

Swarmlord Unleashed

Swarmlord Unleashed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,333 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hive Fleet Chimaera, Renegades

I love that Daemon Prince, though it does remind me of a certain MMO character...

Necro_warframe_01.PNG

Not entirely inappropriate! 

Well would you look at the time, it's zombie o'clock!
sml_gallery_55866_13614_5370.jpgL_T_3_2017_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpggallery_60566_6038_377.gif

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,788 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters

Everything on this thread is incredible -- even in the face of the looming release of shiny new Nurglite models. Your conversions are just fantastic! The possessed Vindicator and Dreadnought are super-original, and that has to be one of the best and most creative Nurglite Daemon-Princes I have seen so far. The Grandfather is proud! :)

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 991 posts
  • Chapter Name: Flesh Tearers

Say whaaaaaaa...!!!

These conversions are awesome!  Amazing that you can take a random assemblage of bits and reenvision it into something that looks so cohesive.  And without greenstuff.  Simply great and inspirational.

ETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_02.jpg

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Status update. I've been working on things but I haven't gotten around to showing any of you. But so you know, I've decided to finish off my planned 1000pts 7th list despite the close drop of 8th. If I finish this up quick enough I may fit one last 7th game in. I'll have to reorganize the army anyway, but I feel as though I sound stay committed to the plan. So for show today is the last two units I had to build. My troops. Didn't have time to take good photos so I'm sorry about that but I'll have better shots(and painted models) very soon.

Here's a shot of everyone together
2017-05-30_22.28.53.jpg

Spoiler

Now for the customary replies section

I love that Daemon Prince, though it does remind me of a certain MMO character...

Not entirely inappropriate!

Heh. I play that. So it wouldn't be unexpected to see things I like bleed their designs together in my work.

Everything on this thread is incredible -- even in the face of the looming release of shiny new Nurglite models. Your conversions are just fantastic! The possessed Vindicator and Dreadnought are super-original, and that has to be one of the best and most creative Nurglite Daemon-Princes I have seen so far. The Grandfather is proud! :)

Oh wow thank you. You know you're one of my biggest sources of inspiration? So that means a lot coming from you.

And yeah the new Nurgle releases were polarizing for me. On one hand they look amazing and fit perfect with what I've already done, on the other I feel like it sets me back to square one again.

Say whaaaaaaa...!!!

These conversions are awesome! Amazing that you can take a random assemblage of bits and reenvision it into something that looks so cohesive. And without greenstuff. Simply great and inspirational.

Hellbrute is pure kitbash but everything else does have some minor green work fyi. But thank you. I buy kits just to cannibalize them. I've bought 3 hellbrute boxes and built none of them. Used almost all the parts though. I have a very spontaneous building routine. I make a rough plan and then just kinda wing it as I go. I just keep one main thought in mind: 'the mark of a good conversion is that it doesn't look like a conversion at all'

Edited by TURBULENCE, 31 May 2017 - 12:39 PM.

• Vairocanum, KrautScientist and Sagentus like this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Warriors
Oh my, oh my!

These are fantastic conversions. I really need to copy everything you have done here because I am jealous that I don't have any!

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Executioners: Badab War Tale of 8 Gamers

Lord Commander Eidolon

Lord Commander Eidolon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 525 posts
  • Chapter Name: Emperor's Children Legion
This is shaping up very nicely! I'm really liking the converted/kit bashed marines, I'm very tempted to do some of my own Death Guard when the boxed set hits!!

"Only by Imperfection can we fail...''

Fulgrim, the Phoenician, the Illuminator, the Prefector of Chemos

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpg

http://www.bolterand...rds-perfection/

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Looking through the leaks of what can take the death guard keyword, I've decided to kit bash a few possessed together.

Edit. Built another one.

2017-06-04_00.29.48.jpg2017-06-04_03.25.07.jpg
Spoiler

Should have more soon. Can't sleep tonight. Hope you enjoy

Edited by TURBULENCE, 04 June 2017 - 07:28 AM.

• Sandlemad, Biohazard, Vairocanum and 3 others like this

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts

Looking excellent!

Draakur

Draakur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,503 posts
Amazing thread! Please keep the awesomeness coming!
... A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men...

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,634 posts
Loving the Possessed, but god damn, that Daemon Prince is magnificent. I can't place the kits you've used to save my life, though.

If you're using grimdark unironically you're part of the problem.

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,280 posts

Wow those posessed look fantastic! The pincer guy is especially cool, where did the backpack come from? Looks like a MKIII backpack as a base, but not sure about the other parts. Looking forward to seeing more!

Y0524hx.jpg

uQdAaic.png
BnDcQss.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts

Loving the Possessed, but god damn, that Daemon Prince is magnificent. I can't place the kits you've used to save my life, though.

The DP is pretty much cawl's upper body + morghast arms, wings and legs. Skull is from an AOS ork kit. The new boar riding ones.

Wow those posessed look fantastic! The pincer guy is especially cool, where did the backpack come from? Looks like a MKIII backpack as a base, but not sure about the other parts. Looking forward to seeing more!

Tanks off the back of multiple tech priest domnius

Edited by TURBULENCE, 04 June 2017 - 10:34 PM.

Bob Hunk

Bob Hunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 388 posts
  • Chapter Name: Imperial Fists

Wonderful stuff, love the daemon engines! B)

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,788 posts
  • Chapter Name: World Eaters

Those latest guys are fantastic -- and they match the look of the new "official" Plague Marines so well! Seeing your conversions made me instantly pick up my own bitzbox and come up with a new Plague Marine conversion as well. Excellent stuff! :)

• Eldrick Shadowblade likes this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,335 posts

These are glorious!

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

wWHQjAC.jpgCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

El_Dicko

El_Dicko

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
Oh man these are great, I remember seeing that siege tick awhile back. Stoked to see what else you come up with!

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Small update. Some WIP of the starter box. Some minor changes really. But i think they go a long way

2017-06-19_12.55.20.jpg
2017-06-19_12.54.30.jpg

Expect a lot more work to be done soon

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
So here's some WIP of my drone mods. Once I trade for my second one today I'll have to figure out how to make that one stand apart from this one as well. But all in all I'm happy with thing 1 here. Loving the new starter. So much detail.

2017-06-21_10.57.06.jpg
2017-06-21_10.56.35.jpg
  • El_Dicko likes this

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
Something a little special today. Two very related WIP hq characters. For some background, awhile back I started building a Praetor for a friend who has been runnung HH death guard. When I started putting the Lord of castigation, many similarities emerged. So my headcanon has made the two one and the same pre and post heresy. Here are the two together so you can see for yourself

2017-06-23_22.35.52.jpg
  • Vairocanum, Overlordgaz and El_Dicko like this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,280 posts

Love seeing 30k and 40k versions of the same character! Blight drone is looking cool too, looking forward to seeing more!

Y0524hx.jpg

uQdAaic.png
BnDcQss.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
So I took a small break to work on a side project, but I'm building death guard again. This is still very WIP but I've started throwing together a Hellforged contemptor using the BAC plastic contemptor. Armed with butcher cannon, Chain claw and soulburner

2017-07-02_00.44.25.jpg

Spoiler

Edited by TURBULENCE, 02 July 2017 - 04:50 AM.

• Vairocanum, hushrong, Teetengee and 3 others like this

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,280 posts

The Nurgle contemptor is looking fantastic! Looking forward to seeing what else you add to it!

Edit: Also nice posing on Farsight!

Edited by Vairocanum, 02 July 2017 - 09:51 PM.

Y0524hx.jpg

uQdAaic.png
BnDcQss.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,995 posts
Oh snap! That contemptor is wet!

TURBULENCE

TURBULENCE

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 188 posts
It lives! I kinda dropped off the map here but real life kicked in hard. Between my parents moving and a crisis with the GF, my hobby time was crushed. But with life settling back down I have some updates. Sorry for the bad photos. Phone broke and I had to get it replaced. New one has an even worse camera. Really need to set some money aside for a proper cam.

P_20170817_125818_LL.jpg

Squad 1 of the new plague marines is almost finished. Still have done cleanup to do, and I might fiddle with the two more simple easy builds before I move to paint.

Also decided to tear apart the blightbringer to use as squad 2's champion, and have him replaced by this swell guy instead.

P_20170817_125900_LL.jpg

Thanks for looking.
  • Vairocanum and ElDuderino like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users