Garden of Nurgle, garden of rust [reaper... Lance?]

Minor update. The ripped apart blightbringer has been reassembled into the champion of squad 2. His charges should start following shortly (parts are mostly laid out, conversions pretty well planned out as well)

P_20170818_132219.jpg

Also turns out my phone camera isn't so terrible after all. Just really slow to focus.

• 2 months later...

Still slacking on the painting front, but after getting some games in I'm back to the cutting room floor, building up new conversions.

Seeing as my labour of love, the siege tick, is a defunct option now, I've begun a 'predator' variant. Naming is escaping me though, as the Vinci was the siege variant. Any ideas what title to stick in front of the tick's name?

Either way, its approximately 50% competed, here's where it's at so far.

P_20171101_123305_LL_1.jpg

P_20171101_123334_LL_1.jpg

And I've nearly completed my light modifications to the new Typhus

P_20171101_123510_LL_1.jpg

C&C always welcome as usual.

It's it just me or did all my pictures turn to dead codes?

Anyway, replies time, yes the Tick is getting a set of back legs like it's older brother, also getting a havoc launcher opposite the autocannon. Though this time instead of using a hellbrute ML(as it will look to close to the ML on the blight hauler; once they release it that is. Grr.) I have something custom built up.

And I wanted to avoid using the Rhino chassis in my army, so this is it's alternative. Except for actual rhinos. It's already a strech that plague marines could fit in a rhino, I'd hate to see them cram into that daemon machine.

Instead I think I'll convert plaguebursts into rhinos if I need them, but thinking of going dreadclaws instead for transports

Yeah they look fine now.. Weird, but oh well. Have some support staff to share, two of them (based ones) have been done for awhile, just kinda forgot about them.

P_20171103_224754_1.jpg

from left to right, a possible plague caster idea I'm working on(as the official one is being chopped into a second blightbringer) and then a Biologus Putrifier and a Foul Blightspawn.

I also built up two 'big' zombies to add variety to the poxwalker horde.

P_20171103_224806_1.jpg

hope you enjoy. Also still seeking naming help for the predator tick variant. I keep pondering on it but keep drawing a blank.

• 6 months later...

I realized I haven't updated in a long time, and 80% of my pictures seem to have gotten broken... Going to have to do something about that if I can...

But I thought some people might like to know this project is far from dead, and I'm still working on a few new ideas.

Though I took a break from it, and need to get back to work, my Leviathan is coming along nicely.

pixlr_20180504010606169.jpg

I also, just for fun built a custom moriat character, and wrote some rules for him.

pixlr_20180504010515689.jpg

And two of my Death Guard squads are up to a full seven members.

IMG_20180504_005755.jpg

IMG_20180504_005937.jpg

I've done more, but I'll wait till there's paint on some things to share all that as well.

Hope you enjoy.

They all look amazing but I really have to say the conversion of the moriat is seamless seriously man you've slotted those bits together amazingly if it wasn;t for the duel colors from the plastic it would look like a GW kit. He looks great too. 

I agree with Mech, if it wasnt for the different colouration of the plastic Moriat would look like a GW kit. you have an amazing ability to convert things without the use of GS, I envy you ;) 

Thank you very much everyone. And as far as conversions go, as I like to tell my gaming group, you don't need a lot of skill to achieve what I do, you just need the vision. Though it does help that I spent years building and experimenting and wasting good plastic on failed ideas before cycling around back to where I began, building and painting death guard.

Sadly quite a few pictures will be non-replaceable. They were on my old phone, which did not survive it's last fall. Some I can retake, but others, certain models changed too much to slot back into the posts I made.

As for the Moriat, I was just struck by the idea. Destroyers and Moriats are some of my favorite 30k concepts, so I just had to take that into 40k and nurglify it up. Even if I never get to use him in game.

But I will, my friends are alright with his homebrew rules, though point cost might take a few games to hammer out. I'm also slowly building and rules writing some standard nurgle destroyers as well. But I ran out of bodies just shy of finishing the squad, and I need to get some gargoyle wings for their jump packs so they match the looks of their Lord here

Shame about the photos, one of the reason I use the B&C gallery is to prevent loss of pictures. 

If I where you I'd get a bunch of fresh ones and shove them in an edit to your first post with a note so anyone following through knows that they can skip to page 3 if they like.
As for rules I'm sure a Lord with jump pack is a valid starting point for him then see what you can come up with from there.

Shame about the photos, one of the reason I use the B&C gallery is to prevent loss of pictures.

If I where you I'd get a bunch of fresh ones and shove them in an edit to your first post with a note so anyone following through knows that they can skip to page 3 if they like.

As for rules I'm sure a Lord with jump pack is a valid starting point for him then see what you can come up with from there.

That's quite a good idea. Thanks for that, when I have time today I'll do just that.

The moriat is more of a champion and less of a Lord, to be honest, so I started there. Adjusted his stats to be more like a plague marine (t5, slower move) and flipped the exalted champs ws and bs. Oh what the heck I'll just post the full rules I made for him.

Silas Kerrion

hq

m:10" ws:3+ bs:2+ s:4 t:5 w:4 a:4 ld:8 sv:3+

Special rules:

Death to the false emperor

Disgustingly Resilient

Jump pack assault

Lone killer: this unit is not effected by friendly aura abilities or warlord traits, in addition this unit may not be selected as a warlord or assigned a warlord trait.

Equipment:

Jump pack

Plague knife

Krak grenades

Blight grenades

Rad grenades- 6" grenade 1 no damage, on a hit enemy unit is at -1 t until start of your next shooting phase.

Phospex bombs- same as Mortarion except once per game only

X2 Relic ectoplasma pistols- each is 12" pistol 2d3 s8 ap-3 d2, bearer suffers a mortal wounds on a hit roll of one

Faction keywords:chaos, heretic astartes, nurgle, death guard

Keywords: unique, character, infantry, jump pack, fly, plague Marines, destoryers, moriat

That is an UPDATE!

The leviathan with the headswap and spinal cord already had my jaw dropping. I even think I see a loud speaker next to his head. If so that's awesome!

The moritat is even more awesome. get use of bits right there! And there are squads of seven to back them up!

Love the spine on the Leviathan, is that from the Vampire Counts line?

Looks like it might be the one from the regular Helbrute model actually.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Yeah, helbrute one. Just snapped into sections and laid out

Archived