Ragnar, Primarch of the Wolves

Grimtooth

Get your attention?

Alright, so there is some discussion in the 8th Edition forum about the situation that the BA find themselves in according to the new lore out and the very negative view if GW were to try and crap out a way of resurrecting Sanguinous.  However, I posted a theory that I thought of and then put myself into their shoes if Russ was undeniably as dead as Count Goldilocks.

With RG and his Mars Nerd doing all these fantastic things with 2.0 Marines, what if they were able to somehow create a new primarch?  I am not talking a clone of Sang or in our case, a clone of Russ, but more of a gene heir to Russ.  All primarchs are basically gene fathers to their respective SM chapters/legions anyway, but lets say that these two bozos somehow were able to create a brother primarch of Russ to step up and lead the chapter in these trying times.

But, I then took it another step forward, what if these two bozos instead of actually creating a primarch, were able to instead somehow infuse/modify/enhance one of our existing icons in the chapter and elevate him to a gene heir of Russ?  Which leads to the title of the thread.

RG comes along and says to Logan, "Hey Grimar, my pet nerd and I have discovered a way to elevate you to over 9000 power level and I have chosen you to become the successor primarch to the Space Wolves."

Personally I would think that Logan would be very much like Russ.  Russ saw the need for the Legion to change, to become something else and in this wisdom he left Bjorn to usher in the new Wolves.  Hence Logan would see that the crusade to come would need a different Wolves chapter and instead point to Ragnar as the one to lead the wolves as a successor primarch to Russ.

Just some theorycrafting of what seems like would be an interesting twist into the storyline. 

Well, it's certainly a theory, I'll give you that unsure.png.

That said, the starting point is just to far out there imo. If they were going to go that way, I'd have expected no loyal Primarchs returning. The Traitors are out in force, so Cawl breaks out the super serum to upgrade the extant Chapter Masters so you'd get 2.0 Calgar too, instead of Gulliman (would've been a better idea too, imo). Also, I thought it was obvious how they'd bring back Sanguinius for the BAs? The Sanguinor, already a warp echo (or whatever) of Sangy ascends to/is possessed by the full Primarch, in the same way that Karl Franz became Sigmar in Fantasy End Times. The Ferrus turns up with the LoTD, Dorn wasn't actually killed, and there's a complete happy family of Loyalists tongue.png.

Gotta confess here that recent events in the fluff overall kind of make me miss the earliest days of the lore, when Ragnar was a blond and the Wolves were based on Lucan...

So in keeping with that ancient spirit of "who knows what the :cuss is true," I would be OK with that line of plot development.  I half suspect that the Primaris only exist as a way to get a "soft reboot" of Astartes overall anyway, so something like this might be more likely than not. 

Logan as a new gene-father would create interesting directions for the story to go.

The image of being "upgraded" into Primaris is conjuring a whole lot of sick images in my head, which unfortunately, would mean I'm a depraved person to be able to think of such sick images.

Maybe for once it'll be relatively innocent, just stick a wolf in a sacrophagus ala Blood Angel or Captain America in the first Chris Evans movie, then BOOM! comes out a Primaris.

the more sick images involve "insertion"........ oh God am I sick.

Hi, I don't intervene much (more of a lurking type of wolf you know ;-)), but it come close to my feeling about the development of the primaris range of miniatures.

My feeling is slightly different though. Not a Ragnar primarch. But a Ragnar primaris.

So, here where it comes from in my disturbed brain :

- actual marines can be improved as primarines. Ok.

- ragnar model is one the oldest, if not the oldest, character models (1992). Lots of people were expecting him to have a new model with warzone Fenris or at least Wrath of Magnus.

- He represents in my mind the first V2 character (might be wrong, it's a sort of a "madeleine de Proust" to me). What better symbol would it be for GW to have Ragnar lead this new era of the space marines, 25 years after its first release ?

Again, I might be wrong, but to me, what a wonderfull feeling (haa my teenager years…) it would be if he were to be the first primaris character model of the range. And that would totaly explain the absence of a new model during the last campaign setting.

My two not completely objectives cents.

Okay, Avatar of a Primarch or some such is a bit out of left field...

But now that we know he can be made into a Primaris Marine (And he is the best Candidate from our Chapter. Prophecy, Russ-like character and appearance, young, no new plastic model during 7. Edition or Warzone Fenris...)

What if he (among others, for other Chapters, like He'Stan, Shrike and Cato) becomes the PRIMUS of our Chapter's Primaris recruits and veterans?

Yes, that title is bland as hell and uncreative, but along Tacticus Armor and other bad pseudo-latin names it goes unnoticed...

...and they could tie it back to HH Praetors, Primus Medicaes or so, so it gets that nostalgia-flavouring.

I have pretty much backtracked all on an actual Primaris upgrade being nothing more than a Primaris Light so that existing chapters get a minor boost. Hence no actual Primaris SW, but upgraded SW with Primaris Light.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived