anyone switching legions for 8e?

hopkins

i've decided after years of drybrushing boltgun metal and rust for my nurgle marked iron warriors, i'm done with them

i've got a load of nurgle daemons and blight kings (hopefully use as possesed) primed, so makes sense to go for the new starter set death guard and an alliance of nurgle. my maulerfiends and cultists (plague monks) can be on secondment too

anyone else swapping allegiance?

CZjW2I7WwAEL0v-.jpg

Always going to have my Iron Warriors as my main force in Warhammer 40,000.

I will be starting the new Nurgle army, just really like the new models, the once we've seen so far are how I've wanted Nurgle Marines to look. I'm pick up the Graven Warden, friend got them for me as they where that Warhammer World during the weekend & I've got classic Nurgle Dreadnought waiting for this.

As said else where on the forum. This is going to led to a Blak Crusade force. I'm also waiting on new Chaos Marines models to start my - Black Legion (base on my very first force). World Eater/Daemonkin. Night Lords. Red Corsairs. Maybe Fallen Angels.... ph34r.png

Just Chaos is my main faction, always enjoy gaming with & enjoy hobby building/painting.

Always going to have my Iron Warriors as my main force in Warhammer 40,000.

i expect nothing less from you biggrin.png

oh yeah, new terminators, marines and abaddon would be an instant black legion speartip for me

I'll be going full forward on the Death Guard - does it count as switching if I've not done them properly in 40k before? I've sold all of my other Chaos Marines (80% Black Legion, 20% DG/homebrew warband).

There will be no more old CSM kit purchases from me though, if GW want my $ they have to earn it with new kits

Guest uk_crow

As I collect HH iron warriors I will be starting a 40K force that shows how they've transisitioned from fighting the long war for 10000 years - kitbashing ahoy!

As I will be picking up the 8e starter set I will also have a small DG force as well, I can't imagine I will be expanding the force beyond what is included within the starter set.

Definitely, yeah. Before I thought the old CSM kits were okay-ish but the more new plastic GW releases the more i shift towards calling them fugly... (that one was deserved for Oblits before). Can't wait for CSM to get a new model range!

I'm sticking with my Alpha Legion as usual.

And I'm dumping my Iron Hands for the edition and coming back to the Alphas, my first love, come hell or high water. Already got them all pulled out of storage and ready for paint!

Staying with 1k Sons.  I had been considering Death Guard as well for a few years though I saw a meme with Plague marines that said "poop for the poop god" and thought yeah maybe not, lol.

As great as the new models are it will depend on the amount of grins on the models.  The bells I am cool with but the grins are killing me...

I'm somewhat of an impulse buyer when it comes to Chaos, more so than pretty much anything else. I read one piece of fiction and I'm hooked on Night Lords, then I find an old article and I'm back in love with the Death Guard, but then when I can't make up my mind I fall back to the Black Legion for sake of a 'melting pot'... and then the Death Guard models get previewed. Right now I have no damn idea what I'd want to focus on.

So in the end, my inconsistency and flip-flopping attitude has meant I haven't bought a Chaos model in years. But eh, with a new wave of Lil Timmy's buying into the Gullicast Ulternals I'll probably take the plunge again out of sheer spite. Most likely scenario is I just keep (slowly) adding to my eleven year old Imperial Guard, especially now I'm getting concerned they'll be squat'ed. It's all going to come down to how good the Death Guard models as a whole look and if we hear any rumour rumblings for updated 'vanilla' CSMs between now and release.

When I first started with 40k, my first love was chaos(WE and DG in 4th ed).  I sold off most of my chaos forces when AOS was release and started Khorne Bloodbound.  I still have all my khorne daemons and Nurgle Daemons, which I use for sigmar.  I am waiting to see what they release with the new kits and the rule set.  BUT, if the Death Guard release turns out great(which it looks to be), I will be restarting my Death Guard and bring my Nurgle Daemons to 40k.  I will probably never go back to WE, khorne bloodbound does it so much better rules wise and model wise.  If the new rule set does not work, I might drop 40k all together. 

So basically restarting then doing a new legion.  

P.S. I might start a small AL, IW, NL or Sons force for shadows war, but that a maybe. 

Always been a Word Bearer and its not likely to change, I just hope we get some better options than playing another codex (summoning) in 8th. I'm fine with allies and buffing up a few daemons on the table but I don't want to have to haul a bunch of extra summoned squads around alongside my tide of cultists.

The fact that we are getting combined dexes will make it hard not to buy other factions.  Not just Chaos (will make it wasy for me to start that demon army) but I also play Nids and Harlies.  I have Necrons and Eldar on the shelf though will have rules for them just the same,

Archived