anyone switching legions for 8e?

hopkins

Not exactly,  just more or les going to keep pushing forwards with my 1kSons,  and all the various little side projects I've been wanting to do as part of a big,  shiny 'Warzone Fenris' collection.

I've only put together a couple test models for Alpha Legion,  and a couple Renegade warbands,  (The Scourged,  Oracles of Change & Magma Hounds).

However,  with the loss of all formations,  obviously I'm not touching anything now until we see how force orgs are going to unfold.

Then there's all the Daemons to keep moving forwards with...

But as mentioned by a few others,  I won't be buying anything CSM anymore until we get an actual god damned model range!!

I'm sticking with my Alpha Legion as usual.

Why not just say you can't decide and play any chapter/legion? biggrin.png

Hush...and get an avatar already! :P

I'm sticking with my Alpha Legion as usual.

Why not just say you can't decide and play any chapter/legion? biggrin.png

Hush...and get an avatar already! tongue.png

But I can't decide on one! :P

If anything, the announcement of the 8th has given me the push I needed to stop being lazy and fiddling with side projects and finally focus on my main army, which just happens to be Nurgle CSM. I say "main army" but the big goal is having four god-aligned armies, one Undivided and one DarkMech, but my Nurgle Marines are the only ones that can be called an army right now.

Get an Alpha Legion one and you're set... msn-wink.gif

That's the twist, he's had an Alpha Legion avatar ALL ALONG!

Midnight Blue, through and through.

YEAH!

*Scream it like its the opening credits of CSI.

---

Going to stick with my EC until I get the army painted but going to get a bit of everything (already have AL gearing up among others) and hopefully start a Black Crusade.

I do plan on using either Black Legion or Word Bearers as a sort of parent organization just to maybe make more sense of combining cults and using non-cult marines or other forces.

I do plan on using either Black Legion or Word Bearers as a sort of parent organization just to maybe make more sense of combining cults and using non-cult marines or other forces.

I tried to do it before but did not get far. Hopefully in 8th I can make some headway.

For myself I like the idea of the Black Legion leading collected warbands of other traitor legions as an incursion force. It just seems like a good thematic army to build when you want everything. Heck, I had been thinking about making an Alpha Legion army with a few actual marines painted in XX colors. The rest would be painted in loyalist colors with these funny squiggly lines hidden on them that look like hydras...

This is all part of a crazy idea to build several Herald of Ruins and Shadow War teams that I can combine together into larger armies to use in 40k.

I have been through so many Chaos armies. My loyalist armies were not so great in 7th, but that's not entirely true as I had a good run with Ultra's. Grey Knights were pretty bad, Deathwatch probably the worst in 7th. But Chaos wise... so many armies over the years. I still have KDK, World Eaters, and of course Thousand Sons.

- Deathguard: Did these guys a few years ago and honestly I'm not as smitten with the models as I thought I'd be. But I know many will love them.

- World Eaters: Years of chasing after people only to get shot in the face by some race that looks like a fish yet walks like a mule. Now 8th promises to change that (to some degree). THAT is very tempting.

- KDK: same as above except far more successful than World Eaters. I've just never been a huge Daemon fan and that is what made the army work. (Wonder how on earth they will work in 8th considering all the changes to 'free' and summoning, and formations)

- Black Legion: This is the army I've wanted to love for years. Just never got into it. I tried so many times but it was always lacking in the sort of depth and character that I look for.

- Thousand Sons: Man did I play the crud out of this army in 7th. I think I love some aspects of it as much as I hate others. (I really hate being pigeon holed). I know myself well enough to admit I WILL be thoroughly tempted by new Havoks, Traitor Marines, etc. The BIG question is: Do the new (yet to be released units) mesh well with keywords like: "Thousand Sons" or "Tzeentch" or whatever gets me point for being fluff???

Thousand Sons were tremendously tactical for me to play in 7th. I loved trying every variant of them within the Grand Coven Detachment, but I did fatigue of the book keeping. The models are still my favorite. The background (going as far back as the Heresy) is amongst my favourite. The characters are all deeply flawed and quite lovable to me. I want some small but critical things to change, but I do love this army. I don't think there is any models I've enjoyed painting more than Magnus,  Ahriman and Exalted Sorcs.

Been playing Nurgle since Realms of Chaos, not gonna change.

But I also have Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, Emperors Children, Daemons, Renegade Guard, and a few World Eaters and Tzeentch Renegades.

I dont think I need to start a new army, maybe Renegade Nucolamarines for the lulz.

I sold off all my 40k stuff being the impulsive twit I am. So I am starting from scratch, I will rebuild my Tsons because the new models rock and Ahriman was always my favourite and I am glad to see the new model is closer to the Jess Goodwin concept art. I am tempted to start a Word Bearers army with the new box set. Death Guard Elites and convert the Primaris into Word Bearers. Always wanted to  do WB ever since that old PS game, was it Chaos Gate?

my first purchase in 14 years(after selling off everything before heading to college), was the BaC box. I'm still not sure what to do with them and all the other bitz I've scored off of eBay. My first move was to start green stuffing that contemptor for the love of Nurgle though so that army is definitely in the works. I wanted to build up some kind of Tzeentchian counter point army(I'm envisioning a daemon world that all my dudes are based on). Waiting to see what the new marine toys look like for conversion fodder, and to see if a tank heavy force is going to be viable. Steel Bretheren maybe?

Already playing 8 Legions since 2nd Ed., out of 9, so no switchings for me but I will expend most of them.

Meanwhile, I'm likely to add some Khorne Daemonkins: most probably the Eightscarred.

Celtic_Cauldron

Archived