anyone switching legions for 8e?

hopkins

@Excessus: Alpha Legion. Never liked the painting scheme. ^^

Celtic_Cauldron

This sounds like something a XX legionary would say. "Me? No. No, I'm not in the Alpha Legion".

And they usually go around painted in everybody else's color...

Suspicions are on the rise.

The Nine Legions project will continue through 8th with abandon. I'm gonna sort out my Alphas and World Eaters/Harvest first, since that's what I currently have ready to go, then I'll see what direction the new rules inspire me.

There's also a couple of warband schemes I'd like to try out, probably do them in the Call later this year. I'm trying to build a 'generic tester army' in non-Legion colours.

Dragonlover

Switching, no, but I've more or less decided to paint the vast majority of my "normal" CSM as Word Bearers. Run those along my World Eaters, which are either Berzerkers or Juggernaut riders (bikers). Still devoted to Khorne, of course, but maybe a side list with sorcerers to try now and then.

Well, I've got twentyish chosen, some bikes, a brute and a dozen termies in Black Legion colors (and a squad of justarians), and thirtyish raptors/talons in Night Lord colors. It will come down to the question of a new Abadon model or new regular chaos marines for me to choose one of the two.

Actually another Legion might be on the horizon. Not because of 8th but because of next years ETL. Last year I started Iron Warriors because I got sick of painting Word Bearers and Deathguard, if I fancy a change then I guess its Night Lords. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I actually think I will be switching to Black Legion. Previously I have been hanging on to WB partly because I wanted to do a 30k force of them as well but with the announcement that 30k will be sticking with 7th for now I am putting that on hold...since I made that choice it is fairly liberating and now I can just focus on BL kind of like I had wanted to from the start ;).

Even if I always will be a Night Lord at heart, something is pushing me to start a small warband of renegades biomechanical space marines. Will wait to decide on the rules until the codex comes, but <Red Corsairs> or <Word Bearers> are very tempting.

Archived