Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Returning Member

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Predator-joe

Predator-joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts
  • Chapter Name: Angels Vengeance

Firstly I want to say how amazing it is to see B&C still up and running after all of this time and its great to be back. Checking my profile you can see I'm not technically a new member. I joined all the way back in 2009! I was the sort of member who liked reading everyone's posts and comments but never actively took part in the discussions. I was active until 2011/2012, that is when I stopped playing warhammer, went to university then got a job. There were multiple reasons I stopped playing which I won't go into detail here. Despite not having played for over 5 years now I always kept up to date with what was happening, mainly through belloflostsouls and miniwargaming. 

So if anyone has read this far you maybe wondering why I am back on B&C and its simply because of the interesting developments around 8th Edition and Lore surrounding it. This had only been through reading articles etc but seeing the return of a primarch, brand new and improved space marines and a huge change in the rules I had to see what all the fuss was about. 

One regret I had was never completing my Liber Astartes, The Angels Vengeance Chapter. I took part in the Liber Astartes campaign that dated back to 2011 I believe and received an email last year about its updates. Back then I was never able to put my chapter on the site due to technical issues and shortly after I lost my PC and ALL of my notes, and multiple documents on my chapter. All I have now is a distant memory of never completing my chapter which is still tucked away under my bed. (P.S. if they are not already, strike them off the list for the campaign please) 

So my plan is to rebuild the lore of my chapter using what little memory I have of them and finally but my unease at rest. I doubt I will ever play table top again but I be damned if I don't get my chapter made on this great website. I will begin posting updates of my chapter in the relevant place once I figure out how to approach it. If there are any pieces of advise you have I would love to hear it. I know theres a guide on here but it is very old, if its still relevant for today I will use it. 

• Jolemai and Antarius like this

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 17,830 posts
  • Chapter Name: Hunter Legion

Welcome back joe :)

gallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_9518_1600.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.pnggallery_30308_3239_4912.pngETL_Medal_04.gif
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Cataphractii | IG Commissar | CSM Daemonettes | =][= Inquisitor | AM Knight | DE Repaint?

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 427 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines

Welcome back brother!

BnC is the best location in the web for the hobby. Looking forward to seeing a new chapter being build. :)

Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,190 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crimson Guard

Welcome back to the B&C! :tu:

gallery_45765_12908_58195.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

"There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. He is doubt, and fear, and despair.

Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion he is." - attributed to Rogal Dorn

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

Dosjetka vs Hobby Butterfly Syndrome - Current project: Crimson Guard (17th October)

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 841 posts
Welcome back :)

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,265 posts

Hello Joe. I do believe it was me who put out the call. If you pop down to the Special Projects subforum, there's sub-sub-forum for the Liber Campaign (the choice was to either punt it over there or nuke it, seeing as it had been sitting, gathering dust for waaay too long) and Ace Debonair headed up the efforts to conclude the work done and lay the old spectre to rest. As it stands, I believe Ace more or less completed his task but we haven't seen him for a while, unfortunately.

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Predator-joe

Predator-joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome guys 

Olis, I will have a little check on it and see what happened.  Was all so long ago I had basically forgotten it all.  

Already drafted up a summary for my chapter so should be posting on the liber astartes page soonish. 

Servant of Dante

Servant of Dante

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,335 posts
  • Chapter Name: Order of the Valorous Heart

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about losing all that work. I'm a much newer member, so I didn't join the B&C till years after you were gone before :D

Sister Alessia

Sister Alessia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts

Welcome back! So sorry you lost all that work. It's definitely an exciting time to get stuck back in :) 

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 10,514 posts
  • Chapter Name: Blood Angels
Welcome back to the B&C :)

Predator-joe

Predator-joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Alessia and Dante, Yeh was more concerned about loosing my PC at the time was only later i realised all my work was stuck on it. Thankfully I never forgot the main theme and story of my chapter so I have something to work with. 

choppyred

choppyred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 72 posts

Welcome back Joe, once a warhammerer always a warhammerer!

• derLumpi likes this

Predator-joe

Predator-joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 148 posts

Many thanks again for the warm welcome.

Just a quick update with my Chapter: First draft is written up with over 6,000 words! Going to proof read it as well as make my summary more summarised :P. It should be up on the liber pages next week and will link it on here once I put it on there. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users