Primaris Marines Characters?

Well, they could actually improve stats of special characters without changing anything in the lore, just adjusting and balancing their power to show their prowess and legendary status.

I'm not against the idea of "primaris enhancement", I just find funny that people seem more okay with this than with the primaris marine concept per se :D . Moreover, than a primaris marine is stronger or just better than a normal space marine, doesn't mean chapter masters and other famous characters should be suddenly overshadowed, they are supposed to be masterful warriors and/or strategists, towering (figuratively or literally) over regular troopers, no matter how improved they are.

Regarding the actual miniatures, they could give them a slight size boost just to make them stand out a bit, if I recall correctly some of the FW character miniatures are already a bit larger than normal marines.

That's just the thing. People won't like their special characters being overshadowed by some random science experiment which would happen if existing Astartes get upgraded.

If everyone is a special Primaris. Then logically no one is special and the minimum bar for Astartes is just moved up which in turn makes no difference to the setting as a whole.

It's clearly just a plot device to bring Primarchs back and do some new stories.

Regarding the actual miniatures, they could give them a slight size boost just to make them stand out a bit, if I recall correctly some of the FW character miniatures are already a bit larger than normal marines.

Wow, reading this brought a nagging, unpleasant thought to my mind. Now I'm worried that GW will go with DOW3 aesthetics, and this is something that might turn out to be the final nail in the coffin for 40K (for me, of course).

Brother Christopher, I haven't seen anything of DoW 3 so surely I was not referring to it :D. I was just suggesting adding a couple milimeters of height to their current depictions, just so they aren't completely dwarfed by primaris marines, I wouldn't want them towering over all marines.

And Mellow, I still believe no special character would be overshadowed, most characters are not special just because they are slightly better than other marines, they are known because of extremely heroic deeds or because of their exceptional capabilities far above their brothers, the new marines being "better" (we still don't know how much better are they supposed to be) than normal marines does not mean they will be better than the heroes of the current chapters. Actually,it could be that, if it is confirmed that all Primaris are vat-grown, they do not have well defined personalities, and in consequence having a primaris rising above the others is unlikely. That would make an important difference between old and new marines, with the former contributing their individuality and the latter becoming the line or shock troopers. About the primaris officers we've seen, they might be just line officers to organize the primaris, but not being exceptional individuals.

Brother Christopher, I haven't seen anything of DoW 3 so surely I was not referring to it biggrin.png. I was just suggesting adding a couple milimeters of height to their current depictions, just so they aren't completely dwarfed by primaris marines, I wouldn't want them towering over all marines.

I mean to say that what you said caused a random association in my mind - I weren't referring to anything specific in your post, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

In DOW3 Angelos is HUGE. The Primaris Marines deviate from the typical 40K aesthetic and, considering AoS and the enormous heroes there, I dare (and dread) to imagine they might turn things up to eleven with the possible Primaris Characters.

I don't think this is an overgeneralisation, though I'd want it to be.

Gabj00LPjMs.jpg

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/DoW-III-Space-Marine-Angelos-2.jpg

The thing is, the Marines of the 41st millennium were already a more brainwashed version of the forefathers that preceded them.

The Primaris models have some serious potential, but their introduction and inclusion into the background of 40k is hot garbage.

GW should have really chosen the simplest route:

The Emperor has revealed to Guilliman a project He had authorized 10,000 years ago.

Cawl has been working on this project in secret by the Emperor's decree. Primaris Astartes!

The Emperor now commands his space marines to initiate the genetic upgrades to become a Primaris.

Loyalist Space Marines would have no choice but to follow. Even to a minor degree. 

Hopefully, the Primaris chapter fluff will be general enough to have fun with.

I guess this counts as a New Founding, eh? 27th Founding, 0/999999.M41 ?

I am going i put forward that existing SM will get a Primiaris Light upgrade that won't make them the same size as Primaris Marines, but will just be a stat boost so no conversions needed. This will allow existing Marines to catch up with all the other Factions that have been juiced up to the new Primaris standard as well as keep the existing SM product line relevant. In addition since they won't be full Primaris Marines, they will keep the chapter specific rules and gear that is associated with them (GH packs, BA Assault Squads).

Brother Christopher, I haven't seen anything of DoW 3 so surely I was not referring to it biggrin.png. I was just suggesting adding a couple milimeters of height to their current depictions, just so they aren't completely dwarfed by primaris marines, I wouldn't want them towering over all marines.

I mean to say that what you said caused a random association in my mind - I weren't referring to anything specific in your post, which I wholeheartedly agree with.

In DOW3 Angelos is HUGE. The Primaris Marines deviate from the typical 40K aesthetic and, considering AoS and the enormous heroes there, I dare (and dread) to imagine they might turn things up to eleven with the possible Primaris Characters.

I don't think this is an overgeneralisation, though I'd want it to be.

Gabj00LPjMs.jpg

http://pro.bols.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/DoW-III-Space-Marine-Angelos-2.jpg

Space Marines grow all through their lives; the effect is most notable in the most successful Marines. As the Marine survives combats and wins trophies, the respect of other Marines will produce in him an effect somewhat similar to adolescence in the human male: puts on muscle, becomes more aggressive and assertive, and generally throws its weight around. If it wins the ensuing challenges of single combat, it may become a Sergeant, noticeably larger and tougher than average Marines. Once it begins to grow, a Marine will generally keep getting bigger and stronger until he is beaten by a bigger or more cunning Marine. Captains and Chapter Masters, the rulers of companies and chapters, are very large Marines indeed.

Okay sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;)

Archived