Iron Hands and the Primaris Marines

Filius

If I recall correctly, Medusa is currently directly within the new warp scar. At any moment we will be assailed by all manner of abominations and daemons. We can not survive on our own. To reject the assistance of Roboute Guilliman (heir to the Throne, the grand commander of the Imperium and a close brother to our father) is at best a decision based on foolish pride, and at worst a suggestion made by decievers and saboteurs. Think brothers. If Roboute's identity was false, why does he carry the Emperor's blade? Why would he be accompanied by the incorruptible custodes, the Emperor's own companions?

A storm has come to Medusa. Welcome our "little" brothers, and show them why we were once called Storm Walkers.

Edited by BassWave

Guilliman's busy saving his own homeworld on the far side of the galaxy.  Need I remind you that the Iron Hands have long held to the idea that the strongest are strong alone?  We've held off the Archenemy before.  We will do so again.

I say break out the forbidden tech and let primaris join up so we can steal their toys and say they got lost.

IRL I will be givimg them robot heads and gubbins to fit with the fluff for my clan of not very nice IH (they artificially induced a supernova in a populated system that was being attacked by my friends hive fleet in a campaign)

Although we Iron Hands are the strongest of the original Legions, we should also consider that the creation of the Primaris marines was done by the will of the Omnissiah. Through his regeant, Cawl, they have been made to reinforce the Chapters and cannot be turned away at this critical juncture. Medusa lies directly in the path of this new blight upon the Imperium... are we not pragmatic and logical, as well as proud? The flesh may be weak, but the Omissiah is perfection. If it is by his will that the Clans be reinforced by these Primaris marines, then I will accept their aid.

However, as they are yet unproven and not born of Medusa, they will not be given my full confidence. They are an asset to be used, but not trusted. Logic dictates no other alternative in these dire times. We cannot afford the luxury of putting our pride before the survival of the Clans.

I'm looking to convert my Primaris marines into Iron Hands, I have a large Cult-Mech/Skitarii army lead by Cawl, so the Iron Hands feel like the most logical ally.

Fluff wise, would painting them up as Clan Dorrvok make the most sense? Dorrvok would have the most Medusen born, minimally augmented aspirants, so I guess would have the least biological resistance.

My fluff justification for them accepting Primaris gene stock, is that the Clan identifies the need to increase its number of full battle-brothers, due to the proximity to the Cigatrix Maledictum. The Primaris Marines mature quicker, and are more biologically resilient, so are able to survive expedited bionic augmentation.

Even though we abhor the flesh, being brutally effective and inflicting the maximum amount of pain to our enemies is our true goal. No other loyalist legion can say the same. Not the moraly bound ultramarines, the stiff Imperial fist, or elusive ravens.

We are driven to do these things no matter how we regard them, as long as it gets the job done.

The primaris marine is a new tool in our arsenal. We will use it mercilessly just like everything else in the endless war against Chaos. It will have no more honour than the servitor in the arming chamber and will serve it's purpose.

Medusans have long ago learned the hard lessons of their home world, and they will waste not.

• 4 weeks later...

As an aside, I wonder if the bionic parts from Anvil Industry meant for terminators will fit primaris marines.

med_gallery_99481_13493_139001.jpg

They most certainly do. This is from one of the "Large Leg" kits from Anvil Industries. All of their bionic stuff is super great.

And to be on topic, I have only taken a single Hellblaster Squad for my army with the reasoning that Hellblasters have new technology from Mars; technology the Iron Hands wish to utilize. I can see the Primaris Marines being seen as outcasts until they prove themselves to the native Medusans. Or one of the ideas I have been stewing about is that the Primaris Marines I will be utilizing are (with the exception of the squad sergeants) entirely cybernetic. Basically just animated suits of Mark X armor.

• 2 months later...

As an aside, I wonder if the bionic parts from Anvil Industry meant for terminators will fit primaris marines.

med_gallery_99481_13493_139001.jpg

They most certainly do. This is from one of the "Large Leg" kits from Anvil Industries. All of their bionic stuff is super great.

And to be on topic, I have only taken a single Hellblaster Squad for my army with the reasoning that Hellblasters have new technology from Mars; technology the Iron Hands wish to utilize. I can see the Primaris Marines being seen as outcasts until they prove themselves to the native Medusans. Or one of the ideas I have been stewing about is that the Primaris Marines I will be utilizing are (with the exception of the squad sergeants) entirely cybernetic. Basically just animated suits of Mark X armor.

Honored Battle Brother, this information pleases the Iron Fathers of Clan Shaulron. While we accept the beauty of the Hellblaster formation, our Clan Father has declined reinforcement from Intercessor Primaris, instead suggesting that honor be bestowed upon the commander of our close brothers in the recently devastated Emperor's Shadows successor. We will await further data before incorporating them into our ranks.

• 2 weeks later...

The argument about the Primaris being "not of Medusa" seems to be moot:

a) the original Primaris Space Marines kept in stasis on Mars were recruited from their Legions' original homeworlds immediately after the Heresy, so presumably the original complement of "sons of Ferrus" were indeed Medusan.

b) Cawl supplies the means of making Primaris Space Marines to all chapters, so they could make as many Medusan Primaris as they like.

Flesh may be weak, but that doesn't mean starting with stronger flesh isn't better. I definitely think opinions will be divided. I also think it would be interesting to see how existing Iron Hands-derived chapters treat any new all-Primaris successors.

Edited by mhacdebhandia

I haven't given this any thought at all until I saw this topic today. My DIY successors fluff has been largely untouched since Primaris Marines were announced because I wanted to get the general gist of them before deciding on whether or not they would take any into their ranks. By and large the Steel Wings are fully manned and as yet have no need of them. That said, they do follow their parent Chapter, the Iron Hands themselves in their mind set and probably view them as thinly disguised Heresy. Were it not for Guilliman's patronage, they might have paid Cawl a visit...