✠✠ Challenge Against the Dawn ✠✠

Greetings Brothers

and

Welcome

to the

✠✠ Challenge Against the Dawn ✠✠

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/Challenge-Against-the-Dawn-Gif_zpsradwavlf.gif

The Enemies of the Imperium has pushed us on the very edge of a deadly precipice, The Imperium has literally been divided in two, both sides are suffering from alien invasions, daemonic incursions and renewed assault by traitors and heretics. It has come to a time where desperation has led to the revival of a demi-god and the birth of a brand new era, where the Astartes are reborn anew, where the old guard have been exhausted and newly forged warriors must be integrated to the Chapters of the Space Marines to replenish their strength, but not everyone sees hope in the coming of the light...

These Commanders of the Black Templars are such individuals, they have heard the muster of the so-called Primaris Space Marines and have questioned Guilliman to the purity of their strength and resolve, they are a newly forged blade, untested, unproven and untempered to be thrust in a war that has split the galaxy into two, a veteran warrior will not be placated by mere words, but deeds...

And while a new dawn might be coming, the night is still darkest just before the morn.
Will you be one of these individuals to stand defiant?
Will you fight against the coming onslaught of a galaxy that burns with darkness and destruction?
Will you Accept the Challenge?

✠ So What is this Challenge?

It started in Canadian_F_H's thread and somehow became an open season challenge, but... well... me and Brother Christopher had a chat in regards to how everyone is reacting to the news about 8th edition and the Primaris Space Marines... here is the quick conversation

specifically about the Primaris Space Marines :tongue.:

And a lot of those in the BT community alone had some trepidation and concerns in regards to these newcomers fluff and their shoehorn-ing to the Templars Crusades... and while we can't really do anything about it, except accept or relent to GW's decisions, we can still Challenge the Dawn of a New Era... and so a painting challenge is made.

Paint a quick 5 model Astartes Squad in Power Armour (or Artificer) before the release of 8th edition

✠ The Rules:

• Paint 5 Space Marines in Power Armour (or artificer) in the colours of the Black Templars
  • Paint them before the release of 8th edition and the Primaris Space Marines
  • If you accept the challenge then you may take a copy of the banner below to show that you have accepted the challenge
  • If you successfully complete the challenge a special Banner will be given to you
  • If you fail to complete the challenge then a Banner of Failure will also be given to you
  • Post here if you Accept the Challenge and a link to your Crusade's thread if necessary
  • Post a before and After Picture of the 5 Astartes you wish to paint either in this thread or in the thread that you have provided
  • If you're not satisfied and you want to paint another 5-then do so, but be warned, failure to complete the 2nd attempt means you get the Banner of Failure
  • DEADLINE UPDATE: June 17th 2017

✠ Notes:

• No, there will be no vows... there are no points to be used anyway... so no point using point system...
  • This is not endorsed by the Mods... but it would be nice if it were, or at the least if this thread was pinned at the top... until the 8th Ed. release
  • The Astartes does not need to be a squad, we're Templars we form groups according to bonds of Brotherhood and fellowship, not doctrine...
  • You can paint Characters too, as long as they're in Power Armour (or Artificer) to oppose the Primaris Marines.
  • No, we won't be putting your names on the first post... this isn't ETL nor a Crusade Expansion... although it would be nice if it were...
  • I know... my photoshop skills aren't that good, But I promise I'll make the banner better... :wink:
  • If you accept the challenge, then simply post below that you do and don't forget to get your banner (optional) and post links to your pictures

✠Banner of Challenge Acceptance:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/Challenge%20Against%20the%20Dawn_zpsbnxxzlfn.png

And May the Emperor guide your brushes Brothers...

As one of the original chalengee...

I hereby Accept the Challenge Against the Dawn and will paint a group of 5 Marines... which will be posted in the Vengeance Crusade thread before the release of Warhammer 40k: 8th edition...

And if I fail I shall post the Banner of Defeat for all to see...

Challenge accepted, as before 5 of the Emperors finest clad in the blacker than black power armour. 

I'm yet to decide which 5 will be submitted, but I have a good idea. Will update this in good time. (added)

Edited by Eberious

Figures a new challenge would come along when my painting station is in 50 various pieces distributed across the basement as chunks of particle board.  With no known deadline for 8th's drop, I'll have to sit this one out.  Bummer.

Five shall be number thou shalt paint and the number of the painting shall be five :biggrin.:

Challenge accepted!

Entry picture:

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t653/MarshWolfhart/Permula%20Crusade/WIP/klein%205%20against%20dawn_zpsdppfkd7r.png

I thought it befitting for this challenge to use those former ultramarines with that :Troops:  taint filed off :whistling:

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Figures a new challenge would come along when my painting station is in 50 various pieces distributed across the basement as chunks of particle board.  With no known deadline for 8th's drop, I'll have to sit this one out.  Bummer.

June 15th, Brother.

I have to bow out since my workshop is chock full of commissions and I have translation commissions to do.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

June 15th, Brother.

Yeah, too narrow a window.  I'll be lucky to have my desk up within 2 weeks.  Bummer.

It's great to see this thread thrive. Marshal Roujakis, you have my thanks for taking the time to set up this thread.

I accept the challenge and will be painting a classic las/plas shooty crusade squad. Is it ok if they are already primed? I actually primed the squad last night and started working on one (I can replace the one with a brother from the second squad I was planning on if need be).

Don't worry, that's fine. I suppose that we don't have any specific entry requirements.

Five shall be number thou shalt paint and the number of the painting shall be five :biggrin.:

Challenge accepted!

Entry picture:

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t653/MarshWolfhart/Permula%20Crusade/WIP/klein%205%20against%20dawn_zpsdppfkd7r.png

I thought it befitting for this challenge to use those former ultramarines with that :Troops:  taint filed off :whistling:

No better choice than to convert 'tactical marines' and make them more righteous.

Also, Monty Python references will never get old; I still want our Holy Orb back as a wargear choice.

As for my contribution, I managed to assemble the models below:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/crusaders/P1060229_zps0860hgfi.jpg

I accept the challenge and will be painting a classic las/plas shooty crusade squad. Is it ok if they are already primed? I actually primed the squad last night and started working on one (I can replace the one with a brother from the second squad I was planning on if need be).

IMG 0239

Here is the five man squad after my work last night. 
Edited by Conine

I, Khornehunter, accept this challenge.

For ten thousand years, we have crusaded, continuing the Emperor's work. Others have forgotten, content to shelter behind their bastions, merely protecting a small portion of the galaxy which belongs to Man.

But one cannot win against the alien, witch, and traitor by cowering behind lines on a map, waiting until they are put on the defensive. No! The fight must be taken to the enemy - to crush their fortifications, eradicate their strongholds, and annihilate that which defiles Man's sacred birthright.

Others have forgotten, but we still Crusade. And until eternity, we will Crusade.

For we are clad in the sacred Black, and it is always Blackest before the dawn.

EDIT:

The Templars for my vow.

gallery_45382_4545_478688.jpg

An Emperor's Champion (to be assembled), an Assault Sword Brother, 3 Initiates (one to assemble), and a Neophyte. Yes, a Neophyte. Not technically part of the Challenge, but I will paint him up all the same to honor our traditions, and to show the proper method of training new Space Marines.

Edited by KhorneHunter57x

I don't even play templars but I had some bits and I love some paimtimg challenges! I am in. 

I, Gkterminator, accept this challenge.

http://i.imgur.com/Fhcpaod.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lXPSJqL.jpg

Edit: here's todays progress

http://i.imgur.com/4m4TEW0.jpg

Edited by GKTerminator

I'd like to take part, but I actually started a small batch already - they were super old and poorly painted with a few dabs of white and metal, so I will be trying to rescue them as best I can. I didn't take a 'before' shot unfortunately, and although I only started on them a few days ago, they are definitely beyond the primer stage, but I'll happily supply you with a completion pic at the end ;)

In other words:

My honour is my pledge, this challenge accepted in good faith.

Count me in. Below are six Initiates that are early works of mine I've never updated and therefore stay at the back. Typically as my skill increases I'll strip out a squad of my army and repaint them on the side of a new project, since it's usually all the same colors anyways. This is the last of my CC Crusader squad Initiates before I overhaul my Neos.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu211/d3m01iti0n/Mobile%20Uploads/20170518_133359_zpssvlhh4af.jpg

I'll have them stripped and baseboard tonight. My Contemptor is also getting an overhaul as well so expect to see him too.

Edited by d3m01iti0n

I too started a batch of around 19 Initiates prior to this effort, so I will participate, but only with an Honor vow.

My honour is my pledge, this challenge accepted in good faith.

It cannot be said any better.

I don't even play templars yet but I had some bits and I love some paimtimg challenges! I am in.

FIFY

I already stated that I accept this challenge in Brother Christopher's thread, but I'll do it here for all to see!

Challenge Squad

I've had these unassembled for months now, so this is a great kick in the 4-point-of-contact to get these going. This is also my first painting challenge, so wish me luck!

EDIT: No, don't wish me luck! For The Emperor, Dorn, and Sigismund, I WILL PREVAIL!

Edited by SWORD BROTHER RYAN