✠✠ Challenge Against the Dawn ✠✠

Challenge Accepted.

I've picked the soon to be Marshall of my long running crusade and 4 random brothers.

Please excuse the bookshelf photo, I'm in the midst of setting something better up.

Challenge Models Pre-paint

Edit: All models well under way, thought I'd show off a little teaser for my Marshal.

Teaser for Marshall

Edited by Reeeen0690

O, Emperor, in wrath rejoicing at bloody wars; fierce and untamed, whose might power doth make the strongest walls from their foundations shake. All-conquering Master of Mankind, be pleased with this war's tumultuous roar. Delight in swords and fists red with alien blood, and the dire ruin of savage battle. Rejoice in furious challenge and avenging strife whose works with woe embitter human life!

This little challenge has given me a good excuse to practice making tabards for the first time on the snap-fit marines I got to bolster my bolter brothers! I hereby accept as an initiate of the Black Templars and will paint up at least 5 marines to the highest of standards in the face of the unknown that dawns before us!

http://i.imgur.com/NAMcMq3.jpg

Edited by CaptnRussia

Here, at last, are my 5 Initiates prior to painting. A couple small repairs to be done; but they will soon be clad properly. I have about 7 more, some in the background, that I had begun painting prior to the challenge.

challenge

All I've got is my phone for pics; image size will hopefully be larger in future.
Edited by OthnielsBlade

The Real Life Crusade needs reinforcements. Sadly, I cannot devote more time to the hobby, and I found painting up these Marines to be extremely frustrating - there is always something that can be improved, added, etc. This does not only distract me from the said Crusade, but -- more importantly -- drives me mad zealous.

That is why I decided to rush the models and declare them finished for the purposes of this challenge. Admittedly, I will get back to these models after the dust settles to redo a thing or two and finish the bases.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k260/krj_38/crusaders/P1060327_zpsvoyszzgl.jpg

Sadly, I cannot devote more time to the hobby, and I found painting up these Marines to be extremely frustrating - there is always something that can be improved, added, etc.

If we were perfect, there would be no incentive to improve. Michelangelo continued to push himself to get better his entire life, so cut yourself some slack.

Your vow looks great!

Challenge Complete!

Against The Dawn Squad

5 Crusaders ready to get :censored: done!

-Sword Brother with Power Sword and Plasma Pistol, Holy Orb of Antioch, BT Purity Seals, and a Lantern

-Initiate with BT banner reading "AGAINST THE DAWN", Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, and BT Purity Seals

-Initiate with Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, BT Lantern, and BT Purity Seals

-Initiate with Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword, and 2 draping parchments

-Initiate with Bolt Pistol, Power Fist, and BT Pouch with Grenade & some gold beating stick (I don't know WHAT the :censored:  it's supposed to be!)

Started on or about 05.18.17 M3, completed 06.10.17 M3. 23+ days.

I'll post up some individual pics in the "Keeltonian Crusade" thread when I have more time.

Edited by SWORD BROTHER RYAN

The Initiates are almost complete- basing was drying at this point, and I think all remaining work is one brother's missing hand, another's face highlights (the curse of bare heads), their Templar Cross insignia, and any small touch-ups or extra detailing.

Nearly there.

Edit: the bald brother had a slip with the Nuln oil, and it's given him some highly comical 'eyebrows'. I'd almost leave them as a lark if I wasn't so new to these challenges.
Edited by OthnielsBlade

Seeing some fantastic stuff go up here and gained plenty of inspiration for future modelling efforts.

My own Vow is now complete and though I still find myself not entirely happy with them, if I keep fiddling they'll never be done. 

So... for now here are my 5 completed models

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/Reeeeeen/DSC_07221.jpg

I think I'm most pleased with how this guy came out tbh

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/Reeeeeen/DSC_07201.jpg?t=1497097888

After this guy I'm going to be spending a lot more time on my next set of models, reposing and using alternate bits to make them stand out a bit more from the rest of my rank and file guys.

[quote name="Reeeen0690" post="4779349" timestamp="1497184344

I think I'm most pleased with how this guy came out tbh

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/Reeeeeen/DSC_07201.jpg?t=1497097888

Love the dynamism in his pose! Edited by OthnielsBlade