✠✠ Challenge Against the Dawn ✠✠

Brother, while the zeal is accepted, unless these 5 graduate from being meatshields Neophytes, then they not accept the challenge of the dawn... as it only allows Power Armour or Artificer Armor or some kind... but if you do have 5-man Initiate squad or you plan on improving these guys armor to Power Armor class, then you can go right ahead...

Brother, while the zeal is accepted, unless these 5 graduate from being meatshields Neophytes, then they not accept the challenge of the dawn... as it only allows Power Armour or Artificer Armor or some kind... but if you do have 5-man Initiate squad or you plan on improving these guys armor to Power Armor class, then you can go right ahead...

I have 5 Initiates but they're primed already. That seems against the spirit of the trules. :sad.:

I have 5 Initiates but they're primed already. That seems against the spirit of the trules. :sad.:

Primed is fine as long as they aren't 25% painted... by that I mean mostly just primed and no highlights or base colors.

Go ahead! 5 days to go, a day for one Initiate then! An initiate a day keeps the xeno, witch and heretic away.

Oh and to everyone who has accepted this Challenge...

I live in Australia and I know that the day comes earlier for us than you blokes oceans away, so I will be forgiving, I'll ensure that when I check it will be the last minute of the 16th of June in USA...

Oh and to everyone who has accepted this Challenge...

I live in Australia and I know that the day comes earlier for us than you blokes oceans away, so I will be forgiving, I'll ensure that when I check it will be the last minute of the 16th of June in USA...

And 30 minutes later in Newfoundland ;)

Urgh, at work just now. My PC has issues starting up, as in it generally wont as of today. At least tis what the missus is telling me. Sooo, depending on what I need to fix it I might not have the ability to post pics by the deadline. What I will do, if my word isn't enough, is to take a photo beside my digital tv service providers channel menu to show date and time. As it can't be changed from the settings menu.

Can you take a low res pic from your phone and then send it to someone else to post?

Then after the PC issues are sorted out, you can add higher res pics later.

Basing is drying, pictures to come tomorrow and confirm completion of my oath.

The one thing I'm honestly not happy with yet are my crosses. I'm a total neophyte with freehanding.

I empathise brother, decide to put crosses on the helm of my initiates and it was a right pain to do! As in all things practice makes perfect, can't wait to see the results though!

Erm, I don't have a phone. But I have my daughter's hudl and looks like I got a decent pic. However she has filled the memory with ..cough...artistic pictures..cough., . So I best not remove any, so leaves me taking one pic at a time and uploading etc etc one at a time. Right, time to see if I can get this thing to paste the pic link in my thread... :s

It is incredible the painted miniatures on display on this board! Truly our Crusade is blessed by some very masterful artisans! I have completed the challenge and have my marines to contribute. We will defend the Imperium as we always have and always will. With blade and bolter, with faith and fire!

http://i.imgur.com/uF1hw0f.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/SBsiMMj.jpg

Edited by CaptnRussia

Well, challenge completed. First two images show the promised Initiates, latter show their fellow brethren begun prior to the challenge. My crosses have only one way to go in the future, I hope. No crusade name or badge has yet been ascribed, and they will need to earn their personal heraldry on the battlefield. One brother, or at least his pauldron, made a sacred pilgrimage.

Against the Dawn

Contra Lux

Crusaders

Inwit

Edited by OthnielsBlade

It's great to see the completions rolling in!

Andrew, your 'Gathering Storm' Templar is outstanding!

Thanks! I couldn't pass it up, he looked cool even without a full helmet and I had that bike sergeant torso from Dark Vengeance just laying around... :D

Thanks! I couldn't pass it up, he looked cool even without a full helmet and I had that bike sergeant torso from Dark Vengeance just laying around... :biggrin.:

The Ravenwing Bikers and Command Squad box are an almost everything knightly-monk and grimdark. I'll be using some DA Vet backpacks in the near future especially for their candles&swords motif.

Edited by OthnielsBlade

Quick question, do we have till the end of tomorrow ? As want to make a last minute head swap on the last guy. Currently has a SW bare head, it's rather dated and only just started painting it and it's going to be sod. Will still be bare headed, just with a better more Templarish one.

Going to make the swap anyways, just need to know I can take a little more time with it.

And as an answer to Brother Cristopher's ^^ original Challenge...

here are my 5 Initiates from Squad Rolan and they are just in time to strike before the dawn :biggrin.:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/WIP/DSC01469_zpszjfp7v2j.jpg

Telok blocked another attack with his elbow, smashing the arm of another Astartes before filling his enemies' chest full of explosive bolts, despite their individual superiority over their fallen counter-part, there was no question that they were severely outnumbered and will be soon overrun. They were sent here as part of the scouting force for the Indomitus Crusade, a newly enhanced Primaris Squad with colors hailing from the Imperial Fists Chapter sent ahead to reconnaissance a world which once belonged to the Dark Hawks Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes, what greeted them were the once proud Dark Hawks, except they were mutated beyond saving, their minds warped beyond madness and their savagery was beyond belief. The entire Dark Hawks Chapter was assembled on this planet when a warp storm blew overhead, cries in the Astronomicon and the screaming of the chapter's librarians were heard through the entire sector, their fate was unknown, and being a successor of the Imperial Fists, Telok petitioned Lord Guilliman if they could be sent to investigate, that was a week ago. Now Telok was here, surrounded by hordes of foes that he once called brothers, he swapped another magazine from his spent Bolter as they moved further into the hall, they have been fighting through the Chapter Fortress for hours, each mutant they come across a once noble Battle Brother. "Another chapter lost", he thought to himself, "how many more Chapters out there have been wiped out in a day due to the madness of the warp."

An auspex return from his helmet visor confirmed what he expected when they entered the next room, movement, multiple targets from all entrance points, so these mutants weren't devoid of tactics after all, they prepared an ambush. "Brothers, stand your ground, they are coming." he voxed to his squad, each Primaris moved into position, Bolters trained through entrances and arch ways preparing for another Assault. The enemy came, and their numbers were even greater then before. "Open Fire!" he yelled int the vox as overlaying fire erupted, each Bolter round crashing onto armor chipping off ceramite and mutated flesh, for each one that fell another 3 would take its place, there were Chapter Serfs, Neophytes and Veterans among their enemies their howls of madness mixing with the cacophonous thunder of the Primaris Bolters. The first Primaris to die was Jurdan, a mutant Librarian vomited Plasma at the yellow armored warrior melting him into a pile of green and yellow slime, the creatures were among them now, lashing at their new Mark X armor with barbs, whip-like tendrils and claws, most were powerful enough to take huge chunks off of their armor. They were being pushed back, the enemy numbers overwhelming the Vanguards of the Indomitus Crusade, Frock was the next to die, a talon as long as a mans hand stuck out the back of his helmeted head. There was only 3 of them left, and there was more of them coming. Then the archway behind them explodes in a shower of debris and dust as a clanking armored behemoth lumbered into the room, with a terrifying howl from its in-built vox casters, the madness-driven Dark Hawks Dreadnought entered the fray.

The situation was grim, their lives were going to end at the hands of their mutated brethren, they were merely fighting due to the bitterness of their demise, sent to a world that was momentarily swallowed by the warp, their geneseed unrecovered and their duty to report the status of the Dark Hawks, undone. Without warming, the ceiling collapsed, more debris came down from the sky, Telok braced, anticipating more enemies to come at them with their unreasonable wrath, the Dark Hawks on the ground were flattened by the massive falling pieces of the roof as a black iron raptor hovered in the skies above haloed by the light of the planet's sun, the last Primaris looked up as five black armored warriors fell from the open hatch of the Stormeagle, Jump Packs roaring as the Space Marines descended on wings of fire. white pauldrons trimmed with red and a stylized black cross showed the livery of their chapter. The Black Templars showered the enemy with bolts from their pistols as they descended, and fire fell from above as two of the knights bathed the mutants with holy flames from their flamers. They crashed onto the ground, massive armored boots pulverized either tiles or enemies underfoot, with chainswords roaring, they slaughtered their foe, taking the moment of surprise to strike down hard and cruelly, they turned the once hallowed halls into a slaughter house. The lead knight, charged towards the Dreadnought, with a thunderbolts roar, he leap through the air assisted by his jet pack and landed on the massive armored sarcophagus and with a two handed grip planted his power sword through its vision slit. The Dreadnought convulsed, then it slumped as if a puppet with its strings cut, limbs as thick as an Astartes torso dropped lifeless at its sides, the knight jumped off, pulling his sword free, before the dead machine crashed onto the floor moments later. Overhead, the sound of more roaring turbines could be heard as more black hulled drop ships zoom past the hole in the roof, each one marked with the heraldic cross of the Templars. Rolan opened a vox-link to the Primaris leader as he hefted his power sword over his shoulder "Hail Brother Fist" he said "the Scions of Sigismund, have arrived."

18 Hours left Before the Dawn of 8th Edition, the rise of the Primaris and the Turmoil of the Storm... stand fast, stand resolute...

edited: due to cringe-worthy writing...

Edited by Marshal_Roujakis

My crosses have only one way to go in the future, I hope.

Do not worry brother, this is a skill we all must invest time into. You should look at some of the "spiders" on my earlier works.

I have barely gotten much better, yet I persevere.

Also, no one will grudge you if you go back and tidy up crosses. That's another step I've added to delivering a figure to the battlefield.

Cheers,

In honor of the tradition around naming crusades about obscure sects and the constant struggle I had with them in my EUIII campaign as France, I'll be launching the small-scale Waldensian Crusade. This Crusader squad will be using some homebrew rules to participate in a local Shadow War campaign. The barrels will get drilled next week when I can get back to my regular workstation. The mold lines on one of my Initiates might require a backpack swap. First time hobbying in a while, hadn't planned to start a whole army but I might be getting the zeal.

med_gallery_23932_13263_1052620.jpg

med_gallery_23932_13263_547146.jpg