What Chapters would you like to see the return of?

Iron Hands.

The real ones, I mean.

Eh?

The Iron Hands from before the "upgrade" that started with the 5th edition Codex: Space Marines and revealed itself in all its "glory" with the Clan Raukaan supplement. I confess I hardly knew them before the latter dropped, but it was the main reason (or rather the final nail in the coffin) we have seen so few Iron Hands armies on this forum for the past few years, all of which sought haven in the Age of Darkness.

More background reading for me, then.

Berserkers of Uran. Hand some Primaris to them and the Carcharadons, and the Galaxy will be a big, bloody exclamation mark. On fire.

the relictors and other astartes praesus. they were put at the frontier of the eye of terror to help block the invasion of chaos. since all of the things going on and the 13th crusade being rolled back the astartes praesus has not been mentioned.

I'd rather established successors like the Scythes and Crimson Fists weren't sullied with this Primaris nonsense. Similarly the Astral Knights sacrifice should not be sullied by attaching their name to Cawl and Guilliman's Frankensteinian  experiments.

Bolster some Ultra successors no one cares about.

(Not a Primaris fan)

Ah, the Astral Knights. Because real men don't wear plot armor.

That said, successors are exactly the chapters I expect to refuse primaris space marines, because they're not big sellers like the First Founding lot.

Iron Hands.

The real ones, I mean.

Eh?

The Iron Hands from before the "upgrade" that started with the 5th edition Codex: Space Marines and revealed itself in all its "glory" with the Clan Raukaan supplement. I confess I hardly knew them before the latter dropped, but it was the main reason (or rather the final nail in the coffin) we have seen so few Iron Hands armies on this forum for the past few years, all of which sought haven in the Age of Darkness.

Ah, so the Wrath of Iron Iron Hands, the real ones.

I hear ya.

Marines Malevolent. They're basically the original RT "Arsehole Space Cops with a Superiority Complex" in modern-day 40K and the thought of the most horrible, cruel and downright nasty "loyalist" Astartes of all time getting Primaris reinforcement is hilarious.

i second this, i just wish they had a better colour scheme.

Marines Malevolent. They're basically the original RT "Arsehole Space Cops with a Superiority Complex" in modern-day 40K and the thought of the most horrible, cruel and downright nasty "loyalist" Astartes of all time getting Primaris reinforcement is hilarious.

i second this, i just wish they had a better colour scheme.

No, it fits. They're wasps in the bodies of Astartes.

While there are literally dozens of defunct Chapters mentioned in the fluff that could be 'restored' in Primaris mode, I feel that GW will take the low hanging fruit and restore ones that are already big in the setting but have fallen on hard times like the Black Consuls, Crimson Fists, etc. hoping to be proved wrong.

If they want to go left field though there were 50 Chapters stitched up by Chaos in the Abyssal Crusade that could be revived.

The real Imperial Fists. ;)

Celestial Lions

Those of the Abyssal Crusade

Astral Knights

Those, who were heavily depleted, like Crimson Fists, Lamenters, Scythes, etc

Soul Drinkers :P

Shadow Wolves

But I would like to see some completely nrw chapters as well, which have to find their place amonf their older brothers.

- Mentor Legion need to be given some love - they're one of the most likely chapters to take on such new upgrades.

- Howling Griffons would be nice to see as a mainstay Astartes chapter, too.

Vorpal Swords would gladly accept any means to reinforce their fighting force. I have no doubt they would gladly accept Primaris Marines into their ranks if RG would present them with opportunity to get them. 

1. Lamenters. I.love their background. Loyal. Depressed. Dogged by bad luck. I fealty identify with them.

2. Legion of the Damned. Having seen how characterful the Death Guard models are, I think GW could do an ace new set of models for the Legion o'the Dammed. They also get named as an army on the front if the Marine book...if they get their a full stand-alone army that would be super cool.

3. A bit of love-hate trolling of my Space Wolf playing mate - Wolf Sisters! I know that's wrong on a couple of fluff levels but it could be a giggle.

Any Raven Guard descendant. It's about time the damage the Alpha Legion inflicted upon their gene-seed stocks is repaired.

And I second the rebuilding of the Blood Angels descendants. Let Sanguinius' sons multiply- without the genetic flaws that others have exploited (see the mention of the Angels Sanguine in 'Codex: Dark Eldar')- and demonstrate their loyalty to the Imperium.

Marines Errant. Aside from being scum who attacked my beloved Astral Claws (no bias here) their scheme is pretty cool and they background is damn awesome.

Agreed! The Marines Errant are the closest any Ultramarine ever came to being Black Templars. msn-wink.gif

Astral Knights are a chapter I would like to see reborn. Executioners need rebuilt as well, after their Death Quest (if any survived).

Mortifactors

Soul Drinkers (maybe they were renegade so its hard to say)

Astral Knights

Mantis Warriors

do we think chapters are being fully resurrected or are they entirely new chapters? Interesting times... 

Archived