*How* Should the Primarchs Return?

KiltedMarine

I literally know zero about the Blood Angels or Sanguinius. How were the events of his death reported? Obviously the chapter felt/ feel his death but how specifically do they see it?

Aren't all the BA chapters an element of Sanguinus? My bet is that all the chapter masters have power rings that when combined summon him from the warp.......

I think if Alpharius did manage to weasel out of a death so final that his twin felt it and knew his brother was dead, it would be far more obnoxious than awesome.

An interesting thought on that... What if Alpharious could relocate his soul in to one of the Marines with his Geneseed when that body died?  It would give full credence to the idea of "I am Alpharious" being an actual, literal thing.

It's not like the Emperor hasn't shown a similar ability, moving through bodies throughout the centuries before the death of the shamans.

I believe that Alpharius the man and Omegon the man may die.

But Alpharius the Primarch is alive as long as the Alpha Legion is alive.

He is a concept, an idea. The reason why a legionary can say "I am Alpharius" without lying.

Alpharius the Primarch is the total opposite of Horus Lupercal or any other Primarch for that matter.

Horus and the others are all about the man, the man give focus and drive.

By kill or corrupting the man and you shatter the focus and drive.

Alpharius has removed this weakness by separating the Primarch and the man.

This open up to a different set of problems, as the concept of Alpharius the Primarch is an utopian ideal.

And the Alpha Legion have a saying about utopian ideal and mankind.

I thought Curze was supposed to be Batman...

If you're going to have the spirit of Sanguinius return or something, you may as well have him resurrect instead.

Edit: Typo fix

Scary thought, the Sanguinius that died was an Alpha lieutenant that went through extensive mental and physical training to stand in his place.  This was done before the encounter with the Bloodthirster broke his back.  This explains how Sanguinius was able to drop a dozen of them a relatively short time later.

Then, the Sanguinor is really Sanginius psychically manipulating everyone to think he's smaller.

Id like the primarches to each arrive by nacho space ships, because other than the most 'plausible' ones that could return, and is almost fact some should and will return... why not make it as dumb as possible

I'd like the Webway breach under the Palace to fail and everyone to be braced for a horde of gribbly daemons.  Instead, there is a minute of silence, and then a single Bloodthirster falls through the gate, dead.  Enter Khan all like "aight".

I'd like the Webway breach under the Palace to fail and everyone to be braced for a horde of gribbly daemons.  Instead, there is a minute of silence, and then a single Bloodthirster falls through the gate, dead.  Enter Khan all like "aight".

Alter to Doomrider catapulting off of the Bloodthirster's back, doing a few wheelies, then unmasking to be Khan.

Alter to Doomrider catapulting off of the Bloodthirster's back, doing a few wheelies, then unmasking to be Khan.

would be cool with that. The Doom Rider. Rider of the Pale " jet horse bike"

If "Alpharius" comes back, it better be Omegon.  Just my $0.02.

Well-played, Jeske.  Well-played.

I'm going to say here that I would rather have Russ come back as a weathered, dead skull carried into the Fang as a relic than see him brought back as a :cuss ing Wulfen.  I fear, I truly and deeply fear, that Wulfen!Russ is the plan GW are already formulating, because they're out of imagination when it comes to the Space Wolves and their only aesthetic vocabulary for the line is now "Wolf fang wolf ice werewolf claw frost." 

Haggard, bearded, one-eyed Odin!Russ is, of course, the correct answer.  A Russ who realizes his error on Prospero, and has returned because the Wolftime has come, who fights not to avenge old wrongs but because fighting is what one does in the face of fate, fatalistic and yet defiant in the true spirit of the ancient Vikings.

I would like Alpharius to come back fragmented, after the loss of Alpharius, Omegon start loosing it, developing a split personality one supporting the imperium on the long plan and the second planning against it on the short term. Please we need more clarification on the alien prophecy that make him turn to chaos

Russ, with the desire to bring Magnus back, sorry for causing his fall to the chaos, mature and more cool on his temper.

Perturabo could wake up and come back after the notice of Dorn is back, we all know Perturabo is driven by envy and not directly by chaos ambition.

Corax, with his shadow step out of control after deliverance he has been trapped in it.

Vulkan, we know he is around and will no come to play until all his toys are back.

Angron, GK did send him back to the warp in Emperor's gift, so he should not b back for the next 1K year but any power could bring him.

Fulgrim, Spoilers in GS3 so he will be back

Mortarion, announced so we just need to wait.

Jaghatai, with the last demon invasion caused by Ynnari Jag was able to scape from camorragh and on his way back.

I like the idea od Dorn wanting to be spear head of the new crusade, he doesn't care about the imperium only want retribution from the enemies of the imperium.

Leave the dead primarch dead, we have 30k to play with them.

An escaped clone of Ferrus Manus could be interesting.

The Iron Hands get their Primarch back, sort of, but they quickly discover that he is physically unstable and not nearly as strong as a Primarch should be.

Long story short, circumstances force them to inter their "returned" Primarch in a Dreadnought. Thematic for the Iron Hands, and gets around a dead Primarch in a way that doesn't defy logic.

An escaped clone of Ferrus Manus could be interesting.

The Iron Hands get their Primarch back, sort of, but they quickly discover that he is physically unstable and not nearly as strong as a Primarch should be.

Long story short, circumstances force them to inter their "returned" Primarch in a Dreadnought. Thematic for the Iron Hands, and gets around a dead Primarch in a way that doesn't defy logic.

A clone of Ferrus with malformed arms escapes and makes his way to Medusa, and his "sons" solve his physical deformity by giving him...

Iron Hands teehee.gif

Corax, with his shadow step out of control after deliverance he has been trapped in it.

This is actually kind of a neat idea.

Corax actually returned centuries or millennia ago, but he can't turn his shadow-step off so he's been unsuccessfully trying to tell people he's back.

Which makes sense because he never told anyone he could do that.

If "Alpharius" comes back, it better be Omegon. Just my $0.02.

Well-played, Jeske. Well-played.

I'm going to say here that I would rather have Russ come back as a weathered, dead skull carried into the Fang as a relic than see him brought back as a :cuss ing Wulfen. I fear, I truly and deeply fear, that Wulfen!Russ is the plan GW are already formulating, because they're out of imagination when it comes to the Space Wolves and their only aesthetic vocabulary for the line is now "Wolf fang wolf ice werewolf claw frost."

Haggard, bearded, one-eyed Odin!Russ is, of course, the correct answer. A Russ who realizes his error on Prospero, and has returned because the Wolftime has come, who fights not to avenge old wrongs but because fighting is what one does in the face of fate, fatalistic and yet defiant in the true spirit of the ancient Vikings.

Well, if Battle of the Fang is to be believed, the wolfisms only crept in gradually after Russ vanished.

"Bjorn, none of the jarls answer to the title."

"They prefer Wolf Lord, my king."

"And their shield-brethren?"

"Wolf Guard, sire."

(Pause)

"I shouldn't have said Wolftime back at that banquet, should I?"

You know, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the possibility that Guilliman is aware some of his loyal brothers are alive, and may try to bring him back himself?

And you would think at the very least, the Emperor is aware some of his sons are alive, and tells Gillman in their secret meeting?

I'm going to say here that I would rather have Russ come back as a weathered, dead skull carried into the Fang as a relic than see him brought back as a censored.gif ing Wulfen. I fear, I truly and deeply fear, that Wulfen!Russ is the plan GW are already formulating, because they're out of imagination when it comes to the Space Wolves and their only aesthetic vocabulary for the line is now "Wolf fang wolf ice werewolf claw frost."

Haggard, bearded, one-eyed Odin!Russ is, of course, the correct answer. A Russ who realizes his error on Prospero, and has returned because the Wolftime has come, who fights not to avenge old wrongs but because fighting is what one does in the face of fate, fatalistic and yet defiant in the true spirit of the ancient Vikings.

Well, if Battle of the Fang is to be believed, the wolfisms only crept in gradually after Russ vanished.

"Wolf Guard, sire."

(Pause)

Can't "like," because I've used them up. Must quote instead. Love it! biggrin.png

I would prefer that some Primarchs stay dead.

As a Alpha legion fan, I would say that Alpharius and Omegon 2 of those Primarchs that will not come back.

Because a death should be the final chapter in any character story, it make room to new heroes or villains.

The only way I would like one of the to return, is by the order of Roboute Guilliman.

I would love Guilliman to use a page of the Alpha Legion playbook and have the Battle of Eskrador turn out to be a smart way to have a meeting between Guilliman and Omegon without blowing the  Alpha Legions cover as traitors.

I would also be a good opportunity for Omegon to give the stole genetic data to Guilliman, leading to the creation of the Primaris Marines.

But all in all, Alpharius and Omegon are dead, should stay dead, and the Alpha Legion should be proud of being a legion that can function without a Primarch.

I would prefer that some Primarchs stay dead.

As a Alpha legion fan, I would say that Alpharius and Omegon 2 of those Primarchs that will not come back.

Because a death should be the final chapter in any character story, it make room to new heroes or villains.

The only way I would like one of the to return, is by the order of Roboute Guilliman.

I would love Guilliman to use a page of the Alpha Legion playbook and have the Battle of Eskrador turn out to be a smart way to have a meeting between Guilliman and Omegon without blowing the  Alpha Legions cover as traitors.

I would also be a good opportunity for Omegon to give the stole genetic data to Guilliman, leading to the creation of the Primaris Marines.

But all in all, Alpharius and Omegon are dead, should stay dead, and the Alpha Legion should be proud of being a legion that can function without a Primarch.

'But all in all, Alpharius and Omegon are dead, should stay dead, and the Alpha Legion should be proud of being a legion that can function without a Primarch.' - emmmm, nope.

Omegon is still alive - until you will see Eskrandor scene with your own eyes

I'm going to say here that I would rather have Russ come back as a weathered, dead skull carried into the Fang as a relic than see him brought back as a censored.gif ing Wulfen. I fear, I truly and deeply fear, that Wulfen!Russ is the plan GW are already formulating, because they're out of imagination when it comes to the Space Wolves and their only aesthetic vocabulary for the line is now "Wolf fang wolf ice werewolf claw frost."

"Wolf Guard, sire."

(Pause)

This doesn't have nearly enough likes.

Archived