Back in Black - Khornehunter's Templars (update: 2017/05/22)

"I look inside myself and see my heart is black" The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black

Brothers, I ask you to witness me.
Witness something long overdue.
Witness my hobbying - my triumphs, my struggles, and everything in between.
Witness vows - my acceptance of challenges openly presented here on the B&C.
Witness conversions - an attempt to give every one of my Templars a unique story, told in miniature form.
Witness painting - unifying my crusaders in the holy garb of our Chapter.
Witness writing - the creation of fluff which binds it all together; that which takes it from a collection of miniatures to a Crusade.

Witness my return to the Black.

For now, my Crusade's name and badge are TBD - but I intend on changing that.

So, to start this off, my minis for the Challenge Against the Dawn:
gallery_45382_4545_478688.jpg
An Emperor's Champion (to be assembled), an Assault Sword Brother, 3 Initiates (one to assemble), and a Neophyte. Yes, a Neophyte. Not technically part of the Challenge, but I will paint him up all the same to honor our traditions, and to reinforce the proper method of training new Space Marines.

It's about frickin' time, I was beginning to think that "Eternal" wasn't going to be long enough. ;)

Go forth and ZEAL!

Thanks!

A minor update (not worth a pic IMO) - got the Champ assembled, and all but the Neophyte are now sporting 32mm bases. I'm going with 32mm ones for my Astartes and 25mm bases for my Neophytes - something to help further distinguish between those who are and those who are learning to be.

I just need to assemble the Mk III Initiate, and then I'll get some primer on them - expect another update soon!

It's about frickin' time, I was beginning to think that "Eternal" wasn't going to be long enough. msn-wink.gif

laugh.png Yep. Hence why I admitted that it was something long overdue. msn-wink.gif

Update time!

First, my Templars for the Challenge Against the Dawn - now with primer!
gallery_45382_4545_216856.jpg

The weather around here has been really nice lately (it certainly took long enough), so I also primed a pair of Predator Annihilators. I built them a while back using the glacis and sponsons from the Baal Predator kit, and it sounds like 8th Edition will make my chosen weapon loadout much more effective than it has been in the past.
gallery_45382_4545_45713.jpg

And finally, a vehicle that I picked up secondhand for $15...
gallery_45382_4545_72890.jpg
I'm not certain what the original owner had planned here - some sort of Alpha Legion bunker-tank? - but as for my plans, I shall cleanse the hull, redeem the Machine Spirit, and rebuild this Land Raider into a chariot worthy of the Black Templars.

Oh wow, thats, erm, going to require a bit of work, my kind of thing, AAC. Nice change on the Predator front armour. Will be moulding (or attempting to) the old Mk1 style for my up coming Rhino's and Rhino based tanks.

I think those are supposed to be chains along the trim, and scales on the panels and lights. May have worked if he didn't paint it red and bone for some reason.

Well anyway, into the cleansing acid with it.

Thanks for your replies, everyone!

No real update yet; however, for the salvaged Land Raider I am thinking of taking some design cues from the Armored Proteus and Spartan tanks - but all that will come later. First, to finish my Challenge Against the Dawn minis!

I think those are supposed to be chains along the trim, and scales on the panels and lights. May have worked if he didn't paint it red and bone for some reason.

Well anyway, into the cleansing acid with it.

That could be it, too. The bunker-tank made the most sense to me with the Alpha Legion's usual trickery antics, but who really knows?

And it is currently bathing in a thrice-blessed vat of sacred cleansers (or, in other words, a tub of Simple Green).

Oh wow, thats, erm, going to require a bit of work, my kind of thing, AAC. Nice change on the Predator front armour. Will be moulding (or attempting to) the old Mk1 style for my up coming Rhino's and Rhino based tanks.

Oooh, I'll be looking out for that. And yeah, I wanted the Predators to feel a little more robust than the rest of my Rhino-hulled vehicles (of which there will be several).

That is one hideous beast. By cleansing it, you are doing the Emperor's work, brother. thumbsup.gif

Indeed. *makes sign of the Aquila*

Archived