Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer TV Q&A session from May 18th

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

Marshal_Roujakis

Marshal_Roujakis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,347 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars Chapter

Yeah... the new Marines aren't really working for me... I'm a retro kind of guy, and the Primaris, even if standardized, needs appropriate vehicles to scale to work into my army...

I mean, the Land Raider looks like a darned Rhino when placed right next to these guys, I'll need to buy a FW Spartan just to give them Land Raiders... and what about other vehicles like Land Speeders and Space Marine Bikes? If I use Primaris Space Marines as the staple scale model for my army, then each and every one of those need to be up-scaled too...

I don't know about you guys, but that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money and way too much work...

So, in looking ahead, I will stay back and hold the Space Marine fort... TO HELL WITH THE PRIMARIS :D

As for 8th edition, I'm still going to play, and I do agree with majority here in regards to certain armies being unplayable unless you take the best thing in the book...

For example Tyranids... if you just play standard Tyranids and bypass access to Monstrous Creatures and the Fly-Rants, because you want to play Tyranid Gribbly Hordes... and you play against a Tau army, or even a Space Marine Battle co., chances are you'd be dead on Turn 2... I don't play very often but for me nothing sucks more, than getting your nicely painted army out on the table, ready to play a game, then put them back in the box 15 minutes later after the first shot has been fired... that sucks the life out of enjoying your miniatures... even if you don't go out there to win all your games, you want your models to tell a story at least, some epic struggle or a major event or some stupendous thing or running away in terror... you went to play, not just to win, but to enjoy and maybe have something to talk about afterwards while having some beer and pretzels...

What you don't want to have is: Turn 1... I moved my units and shot a few things.... then half my army disappeared due to enemy fire... Turn 2: I managed to get to get to Assault range, but Overwatch annihilated my army... the end...

Nobody likes making Battle Reports like that... and nobody would want to read about those too... so the verdict and answer? Kill diversity in your army and use the best thing as well... but then again... are you playing the army that you want, or the army that you need?

Coz I'm pretty sure a hobby is a 'want' thing...

unless you have plastic addiction, then it's a need :P

• HenricusTyranicus and D3L like this

'No matter the laurels of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are Space Marines, the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death! And more than this.' he said, his voice dropping quiet. 

'We are Black Templars. Victory is its own reward.' - High Marshal Helbrecht - 'The Crusader' - Crusade to the Ghoul Stars -

Spoiler

The Vengeance Crusade Thread

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,111 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Order (Dark Angels)
A cowled primarch.
Mortarion!
  • StruManChu likes this

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,317 posts

I'm a retro kind of guy, and the Primaris, even if standardized, needs appropriate vehicles to scale to work into my army...

Doesn't scuttlebutt say primaris will get their own oversized vehicles?

I'm not your friend.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,477 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves and Grey Knights

I'm a retro kind of guy, and the Primaris, even if standardized, needs appropriate vehicles to scale to work into my army...

Doesn't scuttlebutt say primaris will get their own oversized vehicles?

Yeah, they're going to get their own vehicle line.

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,117 posts
Everything will get Primarisized.
Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,860 posts
  • Chapter Name: Questoris Knights

Everything Astartes, and Imperial, yes.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,814 posts
  • Chapter Name: Stoneburners
=][= Alright folks, we've gone way beyond the Q&A session. =][=
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Brother Ramses

Brother Ramses

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,117 posts

Everything Astartes, and Imperial, yes.

I want aware that any other factions mattered. Hahaha!
Don't smell like sunsets and baby powder. Smell like jet fighters and punching. -Old Spice

StruManChu

StruManChu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 505 posts

A cowled primarch.
Mortarion!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him. I'd imagine July or August, if June is the new starter set/launch of the new Primaris Marines range.

Also looking forward to seeing if that leak from ages ago was legit.

gallery_67188_7843_37694.jpg

DESPERATELY SEEKING IMPERIAL KNIGHT HOUSE GRIFFITH TRANSFERS. PM me if you have any spare!

Part of the ship, part of the crew...

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 224 posts

A cowled primarch.
Mortarion!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him. I'd imagine July or August, if June is the new starter set/launch of the new Primaris Marines range.

Also looking forward to seeing if that leak from ages ago was legit.

The Mortarion leak? It was. The scythe's position, shape and details like the ball and the "hook" opposite of the blade gave it away. You can see it easily looking at "Mortarion_8".

f4a02cd29dcd7631aa2f4d24a5467a7e8702d22f

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users