Looking at Primaris with an open mind

Julgolax

EDIT: Oh, and I'm also considering making Cawl be in my head cannon in reality Arkhan Land, forced to augment himself to survive until his duty was fulfilled and changing his name to be able to work under the radar.

rolleyesclean.gif Ah yes, the old "there's only one techpriest allowed per headcanon" chestnut.

Faction = personality is the worst of 40k's grabbag of pulp fiction tropes.

I hear what you're saying but isn't that exactly what's happening right now with Cawl solving all of the problems the imperium has had for 10,000 years in around a month give or take?

If you're planning to enter a deux ex machina character in universe (which is by itself wrong in the setting of desperate struggle), making it have some agency and deep ties into the established lore would make it more palatable.

EDIT: If you want someone different the girl from the HH novel Mechanicum that is tied to all knowledge and ends up guarding the dragon of Mars would be an excellent choice too.

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded." -Dawn of War Librarian

I can't accept the fluff from what we've seen - too much innovation, too much science, too much tampering with the Emperor's holy works, the Adeptus Astartes. What we've seen of these brand-new test-tube super-soldiers completely clashes with the grim darkness of this far future.

As far as the miniatures - I will reserve judgment until we see the full line, but thus far I'm only really pleased with the look of the Primaris infantry.

That is exactly how I feel. The line infantry looks really good. I want to like them but I can't decide if I have to get them or not. The Cpt and the jump pack guys are hideous in my eyes.

The fluff behind them is not to my taste.  It's just all too 'according to plan'. Where are the slipups? Where are the failed primaris? I really hope that there is more to them that has been revealed thus far.

Archived