=][= The IRON GAUNTLET - Challenge the Second =][=

Olis

I, Rashbold,

...of the Legio Bolter & Chainsword, take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the Second and submit it to the Liber, in addition to an article describing the history of my force, before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor and Brother Argos himself curse me if I fail. 

I, Captain Titus, of the Sons of Orar take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete Challenge the Second and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

As my Chapter specialzes in boarding assault, I got myself 4 sets of boarding assault upgrades from FW. So, I will have 3 sets of Tacticals with shields. As you can see I still need to do highlights oin gold and shade the silver on bolters.

http://i.imgur.com/erUDQMHl.jpg

Well here is my first WIP (taken on the first day of the Challenge). I let the Dice Gods decide what I would start with and it came up Sisters.

gallery_36568_9971_175075.jpg

I will also post here for future reference a rough guide to what I am painting for the Challenge:

CHAOS (White Talons) 1000pts:

Lord in Terminator Armour with Mark of Slaanesh and Murder Sword

Sorcerer in Power Armour with Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Marine Squad x10 with Mark of Slaanesh and 2x Flamers

Rhino

Cultist Auto Gun Squad with mark of Tzeentch

Chosen with Mark of Slaanesh

Helbrute

Spawn with Mark of Tzeentch

SPACE MARINES (Iron Heralds) 1000pts:

Chaplain in Terminator Armour

Terminator Assault Squad with Thunder Hammers

Land Raider Crusader

Iron Clad Dreadnought

Drop Pod

Scout Squad in a Storm

Attack Bike with Multi Melta

IMPERIAL GUARD (New Eden Rifles) 1000pts:

Command Squad with all the Advisors

Chimera

Commissar

3x Priests

Infantry Platoon with two Squads

Veteran Squad

Leman Russ

Aegis Defence Line

SISTERS OF BATTLE (Order of the Martyr's Shroud) 200pts

Sister Squad x10

Rhino

Yeah, so it looks like we have twelve or thirteen people including myself that made the vow. I am really excited to see other diy marines in the flesh. It's such a shame we can't take a big photo of all our collections together. Continue on Brothers!

Well, you technically have right up until the deadline to make a vow. Not that I'd advise that, of course, but I'm just illustrating that you have plenty of time to get stuck in (or wait and see, if necessary). 

I may as well post my plans here, the pt figure I would like to get completed is around 2k points. I estimate that 2k point armies will be the norm when 8th edition comes out. So far I have the planned to be painted :

2x Tactical Squads (all equipped with boarding shields)

1x Dreadnought

1x Imperial Knight

2x Storm Talons

1x Storm Raven

2x Assault Squads (10 men each)

1x Vanguard Veterans / Honor Guard

1x Libarian in Terminator Armor 

5x Terminators w/ magnetized assault and shooting options

I will post more photos of progress when I receive reinforcements. I do hope to add perhaps A. Techmarine with Sicaran Tank or B. squadron of predators or C Heavy Primaris squad in Drop pod and perhaps a squad of scouts? All dependent on the points of these units in the new edition. Anyways, I would love to see what the rest of you guys are working on.

Sorry that it took me so long

Here my original vow and the link to my WIP-thread

I, joschlumpf, of the Genocide Angels take up your Challenges. I vow, before my brothers and sisters of the B&C to complete all Challenges and submit it to the Liber before the deadline. I vow to support my fellow challengers to the best of my ability. May the Emperor himself curse me if I fail.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/334129-iron-gauntlet-genocide-angels/

Sadly I am away some days now, so it will take me some time to paint more models but I hope with the start of the 8th edition I can post more pictures :)

Sorry to double post, I have done some work on 2 Rhinos, using the dry brush method definitely takes less time. however I'm thinking of giving another drybrush of fenrisan grey just to make it pop more. I am really loving the new gold formula I've been using - Retributor gold - Reikland Fleshshade - Sigmarite - Stormhost Silver. It rally makes my army stand out. The tow color scheme is really nice imo, but what are your guys thoughts?

Here's some photos, not finished yet.

http://i.imgur.com/33eTRCJl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sMV7DmLl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xRisZCWl.jpg

Im just wondering, should I use Guilliman's glaze to blend in the blues and the heavy drybrush.

It might work, but I think I'd rather defer giving advise to the regulars of the Forge, really. 

Finally got around to buying some marines today so my thread will be up in the next couple of days

Nice, I'm looking foward to your work. 

I will probably create a Hall of Honor Thread and link it here to showcase the finished models I have done.

Im just wondering, should I use Guilliman's glaze to blend in the blues and the heavy drybrush.

Yes.  I personally always use a glaze or wash to soften and tie in drybrushing like you have done.  It tends to smooth the transition and add further depth to the model.  

As for my own progress I really need to step things up if I intend on getting close to completing anything. As it stands I have almost completed the five sisters and five chaos marines.  I want to work on the guys but I seem to have lost my mojo with eight dropping and all that.

Perhaps if I actually start my fluff based thread on all the models, that might help...  Lets see how we go...

Edited by Brother SP

Been procrastinating a bit so far this month with a bit of AoS Skirmish Warband building, but I finally got these gents in the mail;

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q797/halandaar/Warhammer/40k%20-%20BA%20Successors/18698684_2267470976812370_1276056932_o_zpsnoapx6gl.jpg

Sanguine Eagles Assault Cadre form up! Out of interest, will the final points tally of our vows be subject to 7th or 8th edition values?

Edit: Weird partial quote from another thread!

Edited by Halandaar

Sanguine Eagles Assault Cadre form up! Out of interest, will the final points tally of our vows be subject to 7th or 8th edition values?

This may or may not blow your mind but... You choose. That's all there is to it.