My Blood Angel Army, when am I finished?

Hail Brothers! I seek your advice!

I started playing 40k a little over two years ago. Since then I've dumped a ton of money into the hobby. I read more than I play so Black Library has gotten a lot of my money also and will continue to do so, but at some point I want to stop buying GW 40k models and stuff... or at the least have a "complete" army, and then once in a while buy something I want to add to it that comes out, or something I just find cool? but for all intensive purposes I want to be done spending tons of money on 40k models, etc.

I know, lol, is it possible?

I've included a list of my current Blood Angel Army. I did the 3rd Company, along with Archangel assets. I know I still want to get another Razorback, a Godhammer pattern Land Raider, one more squad of terminators, 10 more assault marines so I can have two full 10 man jump pack assault squads, and that's about it? I'm holding out on Mephiston until/if we get new models? If we get access to Stormtalons in 8th I will probably get one or two of those as well? I have 0 Grav at the moment ... But how am I doing to being nearly finished for a Blood Angel army? At some point I want to be "done" for all intents and purposes smile.png

Thank you my Brothers for taking the time to read this and give feedback.

Commander Dante
Brother Corbulo
Astorath the Grim
Captain Tycho
Captain Karlaen (Captain in Terminator armor)
Sanguinary Priest w/JP
Techmarine with servo harness
Death Company Chaplain
Chaplain on foot
Captain
Librarian in power armor
Librarian in Terminator armor
Sanguinary Priest (on foot)
***(3rd Company)***
6 ten man tactical squads (2 heavy flamer, flamer, 2 heavy bolter, plasma gun, 1 heavy flamer, melta gun, 1 multi melta, melta gun)
2 five man assault squads w/jp. (1 is flamer x2, the other is melta gun x2)
1 ten man plasma cannon devastator squad
1 ten man missile launcher devastator squad
1 Command Squad
25 Death Company marines with /jp.
Furioso Dreadnought x2
Librarian Dreadnought
Death Company Dreadnought
Dreadnought
5 man scout squad w/bolters
5 man scout squad w/sniper rifles
10 Sanguinary Guard
20 Sternguard
7 Vanguard Vets w/jp
5 Terminators (assault cannon)
10 Assault Terminators (8 TH & SS, 2 LC)
5 Drop pods
1 Vindicator
3 Rhinos
1 Razorback
2 Baal Predators (TL AC, HB sponsons)
Predator Annihilator
Land Raider Crusader
Stormraven
3 Land Speeder Typhoons
1 Rapier Quad Mortar

If we get access to the AA tanks you'll probably want at least one of them (I know I've been eyeing the 'big gun' one for a while), but other than that the only 'missing' options there that I actually use are a large unit of CC scouts, a Whirlwind & Multimelta attack bikes (although maybe not needed depending how you armed your Typhoons)

Personally I'd add more Tactical terminators if you can source a copy of space hulk, but that's because the space hulk ones are awesome more than for actual gameplay reasons.

Well, you have more BA than I do after 2 decades, so there's that! Is all this painted?

Good work on the company. To round it out, get everything to 10 man units.

Completing the army. I'd say keep going until you can field one of every unit entry in the codex, so you need a whirlwind, a LR Phobos and Redeemer etc.

I'd also:

Get some assault cannon and cyclone termies to swap out with your heavy flamer when needed.

10 death co on foot might be fun.

An army is finished when you don't feel that getting any new unit would add anything of value to your army. That can be different for any person but it's as simple as that. ;)

Archived