Grey Knights Showcase Threads

Valerian

So, who else here on Titan has a thread to Showcase their Grey Knights models?  Right now, we've only got one thread up in the pinned Resources, and that one is BulldogUK's excellent work from over 8 years ago.

Anybody else have an army for us to show off?

V

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Warhammer World at the end of June, I'll get some photos of my boys while I'm there and post them in the Grand Master/Librarian/etc threads.

Awesome, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello :)

I Painted some Grey Knight 4 years ago, and striped the paint from a Terminator/Paladin squad, to do a better paint job.

And they Turned out much better I think :)
The last photo you can see a another squad almost 4 years old to the right, the new squad have a more gritty look, I think that looks a look better, and its also much faster to paint (Drybrush).

The halo on the back is inspired from page 4-5 and 7 in GK 7th edition codex, so my idea is to add the halo to almost all my Grey Knights models.

When I saw that, I thought I had to do it at some point :D awesome artwork.

The bases are reused, I may change it to a Mars theme to match my admech army :)
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/324347-zewls-admech-army-painting-blog/

20170708 104557[1]

20170708 104608[1]

20170708 104622

20170708 104806

20170708 104826

20170708 104837

20170708 104854

20170708 104904

20170708 105113

20170708 105149

Hello my Titan Brothers,

This is my first post. I have been lurking here for a while now, and am a big fan of you all: thank you for all the insight, guidance and discussions.

I have been into Grey Knights ever since the metal models first came out. Love their Lore and the 'badass-ness' of the metal figures. I was dubious of the plastic models when they first came out but then turned into a convert - I am now a terminator modelling addict! I can only seem to be happy with a model once it has a heroic pose.

I want to share these as a meagre contribution to all of your posts. Hopefully it can inspire and foster a heroic-pose posse!

I will be posting more when I have time...

(FYI, the power-fist on the Libby just felt right - and he is meant to be looking up an MC/ Daemon)

gallery_98673_13490_11215.jpg

Love the sword and hammer guys! Would you be willing to share what you did and which parts you used to get them like that?

Sure thing! So for both, the right arm is 'Faith' 68 (on sprue) - left arm is: hammer dude 61, sword dude 63. The secrete is the torso. I'll use 3 slivers of the of the sprue frame (profile) between the legs and the torso, so that you can rotate it into the right angle. The hammer was modified so that the hand is now at the bottom and not near the head. The difficult/ sensitive part is the hands, getting small slivers of sprue to adjust angles into the right place when you put them onto the arm.

Before I glue anything I'll use big blobs of blue-tack between pieces, and adjust for a while until the torso is right, the arm is right etc. I'll live with it for a day or two until I am sure it looks ok. If the angle of the arm for the pose is very different to the flat surfaces between the arm and the torso, I'll use more slices from the sprue frame - same for the torso if it needs more propping up at the front. I glue the head last, as that can make or break the pose. All weapons are magnetised so that they won't snap-off.

My wife laughs at me when I'm trying to feel-out the position on my own in the living room. I spend 0.1% of the time 'pretending' to be in the pose, the rest at my desk but she always walks in when I'm looking silly. :D

Well, before I post pics of that...

These are four halberdiers:

gallery_98673_13490_57064.jpg

Or are they hammers... ?

gallery_98673_13490_22169.jpg

Used the corvus hammerheads from Dark Angels on regular two handed grey knight halberds. All magnetized.

Here are two of my reverse handed 'stabby' halberdiers:

gallery_98673_13490_12006.jpg

• 2 weeks later...