This is our edition!

Jorre

Let me elaborate on the topic! I'm sure many many different factions/players feel the same way at the moment!

If your here in the BA forums then like me I can assume you love Blood Angels! We all know it, BA were not the IN thing for any period during 6th or 7th! We were never the worst faction power wise but we never made the top 5 at any time during this period!

Because of this we haven't had a large growth in our BA player base, the majority of the people here are here because they love the BA not because they want to be competitive!

For that reason I think you are all awsome! Especially if you have stubbornly stuck to playing the BA even if they havnt been the greatest or easiest to play army.

Now why do I think this is our edition?

Gw seem to be encouraging people to go back to the pick a faction rather than ally in everything model! For me this is great!

If like me you have stuck to Ba since 5th I am betting you have a tonne of models ready to play sitting on the shelf that havnt been used in ages. When 8th drops alot of these models are going to be viable again. All the power gamers who chose only the most powerful factions/models are probably going to have to spend alot of time rejigging their armies or at least adding to them as formations all loose there bonuses. I'll just be dusting my old models off and putting them on the table!

I don't know exactly what shape this new edition will take but I can't wait to grab it by the horns and make it mine! I hope all you other Ba veterans do the same!

As someone who primarily paints models based on cool factor, the idea of them all becoming viable is very encouraging indeed.

But let's see. I find it hard to believe that every unit in the game now is balanced and costed correctly. Surely there will be some duds and some that stand out.

Hell yeah, this will be great!

I have been getting ready for this edition for over half a year now. I finished 10 Sanguinary Guard, who will finally get the respect they deserve on the battlefield! I got some more Death Company with their new chaplain, added another Baal Predator and painted some Tactical Marines for support.

I am really looking forward to bringing out our unique toys, and to be able to play the fast and hard-hitting style that drew me to the Blood Angels in the first place. :D

Wait is every chapter getting there own "Branch" Of Primaris marines?

Krash

From a background point of view, some Chapters, especially those decimated in the events of the Gathering Storm, now have entire companies of these new warriors. Others have incorporated squads of Primaris Space Marines into existing Battle Companies. And perhaps most excitingly, Guilliman has founded some entirely new Chapters out of these new Space Marines.

So it stands to reason that he may have founded a chapter or two of each geneseed.

But let's see. I find it hard to believe that every unit in the game now is balanced and costed correctly. Surely there will be some duds and some that stand out.

They specifically said they're keeping points costs separate to the model profile and rules so they can adjust them on the fly.

Yes, there might be powered and underpowered stuff, but I'd expect a tweak and pdf update every once in a while.

I built a small BA force about a year ago, initially it was an augment to my Ultramarines, but I really enjoyed the way they play, especially Death Company. I play my 750pt list once a month (more than my UM) in a mainly friendly setting and I love the way that BA play!

A month or so ago I decided to fully embrace the Angel's Grace and BA will be my main army in 8th (coupled with a 30k BA army).

I built a small BA force about a year ago, initially it was an augment to my Ultramarines, but I really enjoyed the way they play, especially Death Company. I play my 750pt list once a month (more than my UM) in a mainly friendly setting and I love the way that BA play!

A month or so ago I decided to fully embrace the Angel's Grace and BA will be my main army in 8th (coupled with a 30k BA army).

Welcome to Baal! Mind the Rad Scorpions, they're just too awesome for their own good. 

Armoured scorpions? With the Tyranids on Baal it's obvious that's what we're going to be riding to battle when the Blood Angels codex comes out. Scouts riding Hormagaunts, Death Company riding Carnifexes, Sanguinary Guard on the flying Hive Tyrants...

With the new edition, everything is looking good so far. I just hope we don't end up as the last space marine codex to get done!

Re-rolling To Wound in close combat and pistol range.

Fleet and the ability to pursue enemies that Fall Back on their Turn.

The finest Flyers and Jump Packs in the Imperium.

Near-Primarch-level named characters that the rest of the game drops their jaws to.

Golden nipples of doom.

All these gifts, we ask of ye oh Emperor.

I would remain Blood Angel even if we didn't get much of an improvement! There are a few other chapters I have quite a fondness for (Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, etc) but none are MY chapter. Blood Angels are. If I had to be tossed into the 40k world I'd want to be a Blood Angel. Yeah really. I have a Blood Angel chapter icon decal on the lower left of my rear window of my bright red Volkswagen. Yeah, really.

But I do agree 8th edition will be good to us.

I would remain Blood Angel even if we didn't get much of an improvement! There are a few other chapters I have quite a fondness for (Raven Guard, Crimson Fists, etc) but none are MY chapter. Blood Angels are. If I had to be tossed into the 40k world I'd want to be a Blood Angel. Yeah really. I have a Blood Angel chapter icon decal on the lower left of my rear window of my bright red Volkswagen. Yeah, really.

But I do agree 8th edition will be good to us.

My mind jumped to a tract of flesh when first reading "I have a Blood Angel chapter icon on the lower left...." I was about to be REALLY impressed!  (on your car is still pretty serious!) Respect.

I completely agree. I really like Imperial Guard and have a fondess for White Scars and Dark Angels as well. I have even been considering 'Nids for a while and may have to finally do something about them with how nasty they are poised to be. All those are Tier 2 to me, however. Blood Angels are the top dogs in my book in terms of interest. They are the most interesting part of the entire setting and I will always be Blood Angels First regardless of where things stand.

I'm trying to get my wife interested. She's always liked the look and fluff of orks, but she says the rules now are "way too complicated," and she doesn't want to invest a lot of time painting stuff for a game she'll never play. I'm hoping with the new edition, she gets interested so I can get her to play orks and I can do a proper Armageddon narrative with my blood angels. With all the rules I've seen so far, I believe both will be vastly better than they used to be.

Armoured scorpions? With the Tyranids on Baal it's obvious that's what we're going to be riding to battle when the Blood Angels codex comes out. Scouts riding Hormagaunts, Death Company riding Carnifexes, Sanguinary Guard on the flying Hive Tyrants...

With the new edition, everything is looking good so far. I just hope we don't end up as the last space marine codex to get done!

you can expect no more traditional BA due to inclement hive fleet, you will however be getting BA primaris

there are going to be many a tear shed

Archived